Nitrate - Real World

tts42572

Another new band launched by melodic rock records.  

Sounding pretty good.  Can definitely hear the Midnite City influences in the music with Rob Wylde and Pete Newdeck involved.  Frankly, almost sounds like a Midnite City song just with different vocals.  Initially for me, the music sounds fantastic but I'm needing to warm to the vocals a bit as I'm not familiar with the vocalist.  

Anyways, just thought I'd share the details here.

MelodicRock Records is truly excited to bring a brand new, exciting melodic rock band to light. One that characteristics everything many of us love about the 80s and about driving, melodic rock n roll.

NITRATE is that band. And the debut album is out July 20 and can be pre-ordered now. Pre-orders will get the lead track and one additional song via email shortly.

Pre-order: http://melodicrock.com/articles/news-...

British rockers NITRATE may be a new name, but you’ll recognise some of the faces.

NITRATE is: Nick Hogg - Guitars & Keyboards Rob Wylde - Lead, Rhythm, Bass Guitar & Backing Vocals (Midnite City, Tigertailz) Joss Mennen - Lead & Backing Vocals (Zinatra/Mennen) Pete Newdeck - Drums & Backing Vocals (Midnite City, Eden’s Curse, Blood Red Saints, Newman)

Inspired by the late 80’s rock scene with bands such as, Def Leppard, Europe, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi and GNR, Nitrate is the brainchild of Nick Hogg (guitars/keyboards) who after playing in a few bands in the early 2000’s decided after a long absence from the music scene to get back into song writing again. Needing help, Nick enlisted songwriter/musician Rob Wylde (Midnite City/Tigertailz/Teenage Casket Company) who was back living in Nottingham from the US and had the same musical influences. Rob was able to structure/produce the songs, sing on the demo’s whilst playing drums, bass and guitar. Whilst Nick also played guitar and keyboards. A year on and with over an albums worth of material, a record contract was signed with MelodicRock Records. With Rob Wylde about to launch Midnite City, the hunt went on for a suitable vocalist to allow Rob the opportunity to focus on launching his new band. Andrew McNeice suggested a few vocalists and was keen to use an authentic 80’s singer, so Nick took the opportunity to contact Joss Mennen (Zinatra/Mennen) and asked if he would be interested in singing lead vocals on the album. (Zinatra’s ‘Great Escape’ being one of Nick’s favourite albums).

To complete the line-up, taking over mixing/drums and adding backing vocals to the album is Pete Newdeck (Midnite City, Eden’s Curse, Blood Red Saints, Newman). After being mixed by Newdeck, the songs were sent to Harry Hess (Harem Scarem) who mastered them at his studio in Canada.

Nitrate isn’t a one-off project, Album 2 is already written with the same Hogg/Wylde writing partnership and will be coming your way in 2019. Engineered by: Leon Bailey Mixed by: Pete Newdeck Mastered by: Harry Hess Produced by: Rob Wylde Album Artwork by: Nello Dell’Omo

Track Listing:

I'll Be Waiting

Crazy Like You

Attraction

Insane

Hot Summer Nights

Crank Up The Weekend

Only You

Real World

Breathe

Dangerous

I'll Be There

First single sounds good! It's definitely one to watch when the album drops. From the first track, I can see myself driving around in the summer sun with the windows down loving life blasting it. I'm intrigued!

Pretty good!

Again, loving the overall sound and the music.  My only slight hesitation is just the vocals that have a slightly different flavor to them that seem to take me a little to warm up to.

Cool vibe in the music though and sounding good.  Hoping we get to hear another song before launch.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:54 AM, tts42572 said:

My only slight hesitation is just the vocals that have a slightly different flavor to them that seem to take me a little to warm up to.

If you do start to warm up to Joss' vocals I recommend checking out The Great Escape by Zinatra (if you haven't heard it), which included a few tracks written by Paul Laine.  Zinatra sounded similar to mid-80's Treat mixed with a touch of Queen.   It is available on Spotify under the album title Rockumentary Part 2. 

Edited by Crazysam

This one hitting me the exact same as the others....Like it, sounds good....But every now and then the vocals bother me for some reason.  I think it's just the way Joss enunciates some words.  At the same time though, I feel like after a few listens to each song I sort of forget about it and the good sounding music just takes over. 

I'll probably pre-order this soon.  The style is right up my alley and knowing who is involved with this I'm happy to give it a shot and toss support behind it.

• 2 weeks later...

Liking that tune a lot.....Digging the heavier, up tempo vibe.  This one is definitely a summertime, windows down type of song :)

Pre-order in....looking forward to this album in a couple weeks.

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Liking that tune a lot.....Digging the heavier, up tempo vibe.  This one is definitely a summertime, windows down type of song :)

I agree, this new track is my favorite of the four songs released thus far

4 hours ago, Crazysam said:

I agree, this new track is my favorite of the four songs released thus far

Yes, what they said!

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew sent out the album to those that pre-ordered and have to say after a couple listens I'm absolutely digging this.  

I'd say this essentially follows the same formula as the Midnite City album from last year in terms of being just a fun 80's throw back album.  I'd think that anybody who liked that album might like this also as it has a very similar vibe.

Good stuff :)

10 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Thanks guys. Another album being written right now!

Great stuff keep em comin :) love this disc from the first spin...soooo good :)

Oh yeah, that just sounds exactly like Midnite City with a different vocalist. Love it... need this in my ears asap. 

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Oh yeah, that just sounds exactly like Midnite City with a different vocalist. Love it... need this in my ears asap. 

It really does sound like Midnite City.  I think I heard in an interview that Rob Wylde originally sang all these songs but they changed gears after Midnite City was formed and went looking for a new vocalist.  Still very much a Midnite City vibe though with the production and riffs but the vocals give it just enough of a different vibe to give it a unique feel.

Excellent throwback melodic rock album.