Hearts On Fire - Call Of Destiny

tts42572

Multiple listens in now and digging this album more with each listen.

For me, not a single song here I'm getting the urge to skip past.  I like the overall sound a lot....Even with the compressed digital files I've gotten :)

Tough to even say which songs are standing out for me but I'd probably say Holding On and Falling Into You if I had to pick a couple songs.  I like the variety on this though and like how it's able to incorporate some AOR elements but still keeping it in the melodic rock/hard rock spectrum and not getting too "smooth" or "cheesy".  I do still feel like One Desire is a good comparison, although not really a "Buried Alive" type song here.

Excellent stuff and would think well worth at least checking out for many here.

• 1 month later...

Not a bad tune...One that I like in it's spot on the album after 3 more upbeat songs.

Still like this album quite a bit.  Good, solid melodic rock/AOR album IMO.  

Glenn's probably right above....Bit safe, pretty solid.  I also felt like the second half was a bit stronger than the first....Falling Into You might be my favorite tune and like how it seems to pick up the pace a bit in the second half with Rainbow's End, Lost In Paradise and Live and Learn.  

I still like this album though and finding it enjoyable to listen to.

One song album for me. 'Your eyes cannot lie' steals the show while every other song just gets less and less interesting for me. It's the only song I want to hear from this album when it pops up on the playlist and I think the others are going to start dropping soon. :(

20 minutes ago, Geoff said:

One song album for me. 'Your eyes cannot lie' steals the show while every other song just gets less and less interesting for me. It's the only song I want to hear from this album when it pops up on the playlist and I think the others are going to start dropping soon. :(

Awww ffs I haven't even got mine yet & its ruined lol

3 minutes ago, lettard said:

Awww ffs I haven't even got mine yet & its ruined lol

Haha, don't despair. It's a fine album. Lots of nice songs... but yeah, just the one real stand-out killer for me. 

45 minutes ago, Geoff said:

that's not on Spotify. Bonus track? 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

that's not on Spotify. Bonus track? 

Oh shit... I'm getting the album mixed up with the Heartwind album!!! lol, I can see why. Same artwork pretty much and same kind of vibe. Oh dear. But this one is far better. 

Well ignore my comments, Lettard. I actually quite like this one. It isn't a ball tearer, but it's actually a fine album. 'Falling into you' is killer, but the whole second half of the album is quite strong. In fact, to a good degree, I like every song on the CD. Yeah, this one is nice. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Well ignore my comments, Lettard. I actually quite like this one. It isn't a ball tearer, but it's actually a fine album. 'Falling into you' is killer, but the whole second half of the album is quite strong. In fact, to a good degree, I like every song on the CD. Yeah, this one is nice. 

Thankfook for that...now ill get a good listen when it arrives with an open mind  :) 

for the record I thought the Heartwind cd was crap...1 good tune...as noted above.

Edited by lettard

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh shit... I'm getting the album mixed up with the Heartwind album!!! lol, I can see why. Same artwork pretty much and same kind of vibe. Oh dear. But this one is far better. 

Agree with you on this one...Good, solid album.  Yeah, not a ball tearer but still a solid listen and I was pleasantly surprised with it as it was a bit better than maybe I was expecting.  Well, actually wasn't sure what to expect lol.

Second half definitely stronger than the first.  I almost feel like the first half is a bit more AORish and the second half gets into a bit more balls going.  Ends up being a good mixture of stuff I guess.

Currently sitting at my #10 album this year.

14 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree with you on this one...Good, solid album.  Yeah, not a ball tearer but still a solid listen and I was pleasantly surprised with it as it was a bit better than maybe I was expecting.  Well, actually wasn't sure what to expect lol.

Second half definitely stronger than the first.  I almost feel like the first half is a bit more AORish and the second half gets into a bit more balls going.  Ends up being a good mixture of stuff I guess.

Currently sitting at my #10 album this year.

Yeah, similar for me. I didn't really know anything about it or have any expectations, so it was a nice surprise to enjoy it like I did. 

• 2 months later...