4. Naked
5. Rise
6. Touch the Roof
7. Higher
8. Alienation
9. It Ain't Over
10. Without You
11. Run

I enjoyed the prior album from this project and was always surprised they didn't put out a follow up, until now at least.  I'm hoping this one is as good the first

First song released from 'Rise'.

The song has a pleasant chorus and vocals sound good, but rather mellow for a lead single.  It sounds closer to Wilson Phillips than the debut.   I'm still interested in hearing more though based on the strength of the prior release.

Out now.

From Frontiers:

NEW RELEASE ALERT: Two Of A Kind's sophomore album, RISE is out now! Buy or stream it here: http://radi.al/TwoofaKindRise

Two Of A Kind is a melodic rock band from Holland, whose self-titled debut album was released by Frontiers in 2007. Fred Hendrix, better known as main songwriter and singer for the Melodic Rock masters TERRA NOVA, heads up the band. Back at the turn of the century, Fred had become more and more interested in production and songwriting, so he started looking for new and fresh talent to develop. Following several suggestions from Frontiers Records’ President and A&R Director, Serafino Perugino, Fred hooked up with not one but two female singers, Esther Brouns and Anita Craenmehr.

After a few writing sessions, Fred submitted the plan for a new band with a great melodic rock edge in the style of Boston meets Heart style to Frontiers, who liked the material and signed the band in late 2005. Recording of the self-titled debut album was completed during the Summer ‘06 with Fred’s TERRA NOVA bandmates Gesuino Derosas (guitar), Hans in't Zandt (drums), and Fred's brother Ron Hendrix (keyboards) joining the proceedings.

“TWO OF A KIND” was met with a warm reception from fans and critics alike and now the whole gang is back together for another album! Long overdue follow-up, RISE is sure to please melodic rock fans around the globe with the performances of all members even more electric than on the debut.

Rubbish album. I can't remember if I've checked this band out before, but are they always this bad? Nothing at all I like about this album. :(

New video.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:39 AM, Geoff said:

Rubbish album. I can't remember if I've checked this band out before, but are they always this bad? Nothing at all I like about this album. :(

By chance I heard their previous album the other day (their debut?) and it's actually really quite good. I'm amazed at the difference in quality of the two albums. What on earth happened that this current album is so terrible after a good previous album? 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

By chance I heard their previous album the other day (their debut?) and it's actually really quite good. I'm amazed at the difference in quality of the two albums. What on earth happened that this current album is so terrible after a good previous album? 

Seemed like all the same members were involved, so outside of the passage of time not sure what happened.  Not terrible, but a significant drop off in song quality compared to the first album.