VANITY INSANITY - Piece Of Her Cake (2017-2018)

AlphaMale

from various internet sources:

VANITY+INSANITY+-+Piece+Of+Her+Cake+-+fr

Founded about eight years ago in Storuman - is there any city in Sweden without a hard rock band? - VANITY INSANITY is another example of Scandinavian young acts playing this genre influenced by the 80s style, as heard on their album "Piece Of Her Cake" released at very end of past year.

Musically, Vanity Insanity put themselves in the '80s American Californian sleazy hard rock stylings, and the first reference in sound I heard is Skid Row.
Initial track 'On Your Knees' provides a proper introduction to what's going to happen on this album; strong sleazy riffs, bouncy rhythm section, gang choruses and singer Viggo Vain delivering crisp-sharp vocals with phenomenal voice control.

'Drop Dead' is more straightforward hard rock, punchy and melodic. The bass is given a lot of space providing a pumping foundation on all songs, especially in the heavy 'Dented Halo', very Guns N' Roses-like.

Much more melodic hard rock oriented is 'Under Your Spell', a highlight. The introductory guitar arrangement is quite original, then the song evolve into an organic midtempo with great verses and a melodious chorus. The vocals are different here, providing variation. Very, very good tune.

VANITY+INSANITY+-+Piece+Of+Her+Cake+-+in

Of course we have a power ballad as well, 'Empty Spaces', with clean electric guitars and a chorus recalling Slaughter, or even Stryper 80s ballads.

Vanity Insanity is another proof that the Scandinavian rock scene has nailed the 80s hard rock scence like no other.
With such a quality debut album it will be exciting to see what the band does next. They have the skills for bigger things for sure, and claim their 'piece of the cake'.
Highly Recommended

01. On Your Knees
02. Drop Dead
03. Piece Of Her Cake
04. Dented Halo
05. Dirt
06. New Generation
07. Break Away
08. Under Your Spell
09. Empty Spaces
10. You Get What You Pay For
11. Devil In Me

Viggo Vain (lead vocals, guitar)
Benjamin Bagge (guitar, background vocals)
Jocke Klarström (drums)
Jesper ‘J West’ Westermark (bass, background vocals)

BUY IT !
www.facebook.com/vanityinsanity/
itunes.apple.com/us/album/piece-of-her-cake/1321470385

an older track:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, AlphaMale said:

@Geoff What did you think?

lol, where was I during that time?? Not sure, but I totally missed this. 'The End' is pretty awesome. I also quite like 'Beautifully Broken' but I'm not mad keen on the first song, and these later two songs aren't on the album? Do they have other albums? I'll try to find that debut and see what I think anyway... 

• Haha 1