The Night Flight Orchestra - Sometimes The World Ain't Enough

Stefan

21 hours ago, Glen said:

Really? I love the debut. It's the 2nd release which was a blip imo. 4 or 5 fantastic tracks but some more average stuff as well.

Amber Galactic was amazing and easily my fav album of 2017. I've also played it more than any album in 2018 too. 

100% agree with Glen...which may be a first. Album 1 & 3 are nearly perfect.  Skyline Whispers is half amazing with some throw away tracks...too much 70’s prog and disco on some tracks. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant,so looking forward to this release...roll on friday :)

this is just a great release for me from all the usual stuff I listen to...along with LeBrock & Jamiroquai perfect summery tunes :)

Btw I rolled back out the debut and spun a quite a few times this week as well as adding it to my ipod playlist...yeah better than id remembered but as pointed out here Amber Galactic is Brilliant and this new release is stacking to be a least its equal.

Edited by lettard

Awesome release...not much not to love about it. “Pretty Thing Closing In” is the only track I’m not sold on after a couple of spins. 

Easily my album of the year so far. 

Superb album....just a continuation of the excellence of Amber Galactic.

I love Pretty Thing. That vibe. Wow.

This is untouchable so far. 

This is fantastic,spent all day on repeat on my ipod at work and it doesn't disappoint,track after track of pure quality...no duds for me...simply superb ;)

A masterpiece and even better than 'Amber Gaactic' in my opinion.. Like a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the usual cookie cutter stuff.

best of year for me so far===   then when Groundbreaker comes out another best of year

Nothing is perfect....but for me this is as close as it comes.

Energy, hooks, great riffs, awesome vocals, variety,  even the production this time around is spot on.

A job well done guys and the fact it is only a year on is even more amazing 

Barcelona is soooooo amazing!

The title track sounds like the main song of long lost late 70’s or early 80’s James Bond movie. Wicked good!

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I listened to this one and whilst it is still definitely not my jam, I actually quite like the song 'Turn To Miami.' 

But not the rest of it... 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Glen said:

Really? I love the debut. It's the 2nd release which was a blip imo. 4 or 5 fantastic tracks but some more average stuff as well.

Amber Galactic was amazing and easily my fav album of 2017. I've also played it more than any album in 2018 too. 

just wondering which tracks you find to be average on Skyline Whispers?

• 3 years later...
On 11/23/2018 at 4:44 PM, tobi is an animal said:

just wondering which tracks you find to be average on Skyline Whispers?

Hi mate.

So in summary , here's the deal. It's a story of 2 halves.

Tracks 1-5 - pretty much full on greatness and a near continuation of the brilliance of Internal Affairs with Living for the Night time,  Stiletto & I ain't Old being bona fide classic NFO tunes.

Then the album takes a turn and the second half is weaker. Not terrible by any stretch - Demon Princess is a great tune, and All the Ladies and Road Less Travelled are solid. However, Spanish Ghosts is a skip for me and Heather Reports just tries too hard - too long and over bloated and not enough going on to hold my attention for 9 mins. Never listen to it. 

So......

First 1-5 = 90%

6-11 = 65%

overall just under 80%

Appreciate the clarification. As a fellow NFO fan I was confused by your original post, as it seemed like you thought there was only four good songs on a poor album; but this makes more sense. Seems like 2 songs really drags your score down on the album.  You could swap out Spanish Ghosts for But You And I and drop The Heather Reports.

I'm pretty much in agreement except I think The Heather Reports is a solid track with the rest being stellar. I personally prefer Skyline to the excellent debut with STWAE being my fav followed by Amber. I Would put the 2 Aeromantic albums right in the middle.