• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Glen said:

Reece is gonna be up there too.

Both singles are monsters.

Cannot wait for this to drop 9th Nov 

Whot?! You serious? Is that the drivel I just heard, or is he doing something else? 

50 minutes ago, Glen said:

nope I love the 2 singles so far 

To each their own mate, but that's a big shock to me. The NFO thing I get because it's just a different thing that you like and I don't. But that Reece stuff is just hard rock - the same stuff we both like. Except it's shit. As in, just really poor hard rock with the appeal of whooping cough. I can't for the life of me hear what you're hearing when you listen to that. How's it any different to the 100 other below average hard rock albums you and I have probably both swept under the carpet this year? So weak... :huhsign:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, lettard said:

Midnite City - There Goes The Neighbourhood

Treat - Tunguska

W.E.T - Earthrage

Vega - Only Human

LeBrock - The Real Thing E.P

Nitrate - Real World

Steel City - Fortress

The Night Flight Orchestra - Sometimes The World Aint Enough

Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

Kissin Dynamite - Ecstasy

updated

20 hours ago, Glen said:

Treat is close to no 1 for me. I love it.

Creye is good but cheesy as hell

very much looking forward to Midnite City on Friday :)

Damn good album...Has moved up my list also.

I think as of now my top 4 are probably:

Kissin' Dynamite

Shiraz Lane

Treat

Maverick

I'm not even bothering listing #5 as I'm saving a spot in the top 5 for Midnite City....Almost expecting that it'll slot in at either #1 or #2.

And probably a good chance Nordic Union pushes the list also.

Another release I'm really digging is Hearts On Fire.  Not officially out yet but have been listening to it for a month or so from doing a premium pre order.  Not quite making my top 5 but probably in the 6-8 range at the moment.

Updated list :)

1.  Midnite City - There Goes The Neighbourhood

2.  Kissin Dynamite - Ecstasy

3.  Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

4.  Treat - Tunguska

5.  Maverick - Cold Star Dancer

6.  W.e.t - Earthrage

7.  Nitrate - Real World

8.  Station - More Than The Moon

9.  Hearts On Fire - Call Of Destiny

10.  Halestorm - Vicious 

Honorable mention missing the cut - Dangerous Curves, Perfect Plan.

Nordic Union might be the last one this year that could slot in somewhere.

On 9/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, mrbandwidth said:

Minor swap.

1. W.E.T.

2. Kissin' Dynamite

3. Maverick

4. Shiraz Lane

5. No Sleep For Lucy

Listened Nitrate, Treat, Sapphire Eyes (like them but not for Top-5), and currently Creye (this one has potential).

Update: Kissin' overcomes W.E.T., and enters Dynazty; bye bye Lucy, see you in the Sky with Diamonds... :rolleyes:

1. Kissin' Dynamite

2. W.E.T.

3. Maverick

4. Dynazty

5. Shiraz Lane

Also listened: Midnite City, Hank Erixx, Hearts On Fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Shiraz Lane and Roxanne will likely be my top 2 this year.

Clear standouts

Haven't heard the new Saliva yet, but it's supposed to be one of their best.
New Electric Boys looks like it may be next year at this rate.
Also I saw there is a new Dangerous Toys on the way. I dare say I'll be in the distinct minority hoping for more Pissed and r*tist type stuff, but if all of Jason's recent stuff is anything to go by it will lean heavily towards AC/DC, and therefore they'll be trying to hit the early stuff sound.

Interesting somebody else likes the Roxanne. Maybe not in my top 5 but liking it. 

The Struts new album one that's knocking on the door of my top 5. 

After a quiet first half of the year with some real disappointments there are some really strong releases out in the last few months. 

The 7th Heaven is my no 1 and it'll take something special to knock that off the top. 

Not very often I get an album where there is only one or two songs that aren't awesome.
Last one I recall was Hot Action Cop ST, when every song except #2 was killer
On Roxanne, from the 11 songs, I'm not a big fan of Thin Blue Line, and Super Bad I didn't like much for a while, but it's growing now.
Every other song is killer.

Only reason Shiraz Lane will beat them to $1 is that even though there are 3 songs out of the 11 I wouldn't put on a best of, the re are a couple of real stand out songs, the ones you only come across every once in a while.

Updated list....Might be my final one for the year unless I go back and find something I missed.

4.  Treat - Tunguska

6.  W.e.t - Earthrage

7.  Nordic Union - Second Coming

8.  Nitrate - Real World

9.  Station - More Than The Moon

10.  Hearts On Fire - Call Of Destiny

Honorable mention just missing the cut - Halestorm, Dangerous Curves, Perfect Plan.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, Glen said:

top 10, no order

Treat

NFO

Groundbreaker

Creye

Don Vedda

WET 

Midnite City

Tremonti

Vega

Lebrock 

The 3 that might squeeze in mine are -

23.11 Care of Night

23.11 Jerome Mazza

07.12 Magic Dance 

I've kinda given up on Nordic Union but I'll give it a listen on Friday 

14 hours ago, Glen said:

those bottom 3 are pretty average imo. 

no better than 70% for me 

In.

My opinion, those bottom three are considerably better than Kissin' Dynamite, Shiraz Lane, Maverick and Nordic Union. And for me personally, they'll probably all rate higher than Treat and WET too. ;)

I'll leave my list until the end of the year because pending a few minor adjustments, it's probably more or less settled. Except for Care Of Night and Magic Dance perhaps. 

18 hours ago, Glen said:

The 3 that might squeeze in mine are -

23.11 Care of Night

23.11 Jerome Mazza

07.12 Magic Dance 

I've kinda given up on Nordic Union but I'll give it a listen on Friday 

No love for Nitrate?  I don't mention Dallas (I read that it's going to be on Spotify next year , I think from the label owner). 

On 10/24/2018 at 5:00 PM, tts42572 said:

Updated list :)

4.  Treat - Tunguska

6.  W.e.t - Earthrage

7.  Nitrate - Real World

8.  Station - More Than The Moon

9.  Hearts On Fire - Call Of Destiny

10.  Halestorm - Vicious 

Honorable mention missing the cut - Dangerous Curves, Perfect Plan.

Nordic Union might be the last one this year that could slot in somewhere.

NU's slot is in indifferent lps 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

In.

My opinion, those bottom three are considerably better than Kissin' Dynamite, Shiraz Lane, Maverick and Nordic Union. And for me personally, they'll probably all rate higher than Treat and WET too. ;)

I'll leave my list until the end of the year because pending a few minor adjustments, it's probably more or less settled. Except for Care Of Night and Magic Dance perhaps. 

I don't disagree about the top 4 (albeit not heard NU yet but my interest in dwindling the more I hear)

But to say those 3 are better than Treat and WET is mad talk imo. 

Station is pretty lame imo. 

15 hours ago, Glen said:

I don't disagree about the top 4 (albeit not heard NU yet but my interest in dwindling the more I hear)

But to say those 3 are better than Treat and WET is mad talk imo. 

Station is pretty lame imo. 

Of those three, Station is actually easily my favourite. I harbour no resentment whatsoever towards it. Listened to it about a million times this year and I love it every time. Really cool album.. to me, anyway. :)

Nitrate, Hearts On Fire, Treat and WET are all of a very similar ilk to me. At this point in time I actually have these four ranked as follows;

Nitrate

WET

Hearts On Fire

Treat

Whether that will stay, I don't know. But for now, Treat is miles behind the others. It's a fine CD, but really not doing it for me to be honest. Nitrate is cool but a decent step behind MC. But I like it. WET is WET. Very solid, but just lacking that repeat listen appeal. To be honest, of these four, I think Hearts On Fire will eventually rate highest. I like it. Again, like these other ones, it's not a special ballbreaker or anything, but it's a really nice listen. 

21 minutes ago, Glen said:

Treat is basically the exact same style and quality as the last 2 albums. 

To me anyway 

Last two including 'Coup De Grace?' I agree it's identical in style and execution to 'Ghost of Graceland' (which I think is part of the reason it's not working for me, because it's essentially like b-sides from that album) but it's worlds apart from 'Coup De Grace,' imo. That one had a lot of variety and paid a lot of homage to their older style/s too. The new one, not so much. 

It's a good album but it's a style of music that works well for one album... and imo one album only. I gave some awesome tips to Treat in my first comments on the album (haha!) in the designated thread on this forum. In a nutshell, I'd like to hear a couple of songs from 'Muscle In Motion' re-recorded and thrown into their new albums to keep that link with the past. The new album is fine... but I want more from Treat. :) 

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Last two including 'Coup De Grace?' I agree it's identical in style and execution to 'Ghost of Graceland' (which I think is part of the reason it's not working for me, because it's essentially like b-sides from that album) but it's worlds apart from 'Coup De Grace,' imo. That one had a lot of variety and paid a lot of homage to their older style/s too. The new one, not so much. 

It's a good album but it's a style of music that works well for one album... and imo one album only. I gave some awesome tips to Treat in my first comments on the album (haha!) in the designated thread on this forum. In a nutshell, I'd like to hear a couple of songs from 'Muscle In Motion' re-recorded and thrown into their new albums to keep that link with the past. The new album is fine... but I want more from Treat. :) 

Sorry mate but I don't get the love for Coup De Grace.

For sure there are a few killer tracks like Paper Tiger, No Way Without You, We Own the Night.

BUT, then there's the standard rocker All In, the throwaway Roar, the insipid ballad, the weird Skies of Mongolia, and the 'cover' I'm Not Runnin ;) (yes Treat, we already knew the Stanfour song which was better imo)

So all in (pardon the pun) there are at least 4 or 5 tracks on Coup that I will skip every time.

Arguably there are less tracks on the new album which I skip. Currently only best of Enemies..............

For me Progenitors, Always Have, Creeps, Build The Love, Riptide and Undefeated are all as good as anything on Coup.