Sign in to follow this  
Invisible_man

Eurovision 2018

are there no Bon Jovi/Poison imitators this year in the festival? I watched Swedish Melodifestivalen selections, and there was no rock only pop, come on Sweden!!!!?? :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Cool tune - massive s/t album type vibe to it. 
    • Could be. I think they have better distribution in Europe.
    • Trace - Line Of Fire Passion Play - Time Stands Still Mike + The Mechanics - The Singles 1985 - 2014 (2 CD) Frameshift - An Absence Of Empathy Lion´s Share - Dark Hours + 1 Platens - Between Two Horizons No Sweat - Tear Down The Walls (CD-single) Texas - Tired Of Being Alone Acoustic EP
    • Then later by AOR Heaven also I think? 
    • No doubt in the world he has a sound and he doesn't stray far from it... but if it's that good I'm prepared to be lenient here,
    • Also, the boulevard album is near perfection except the 1 minute of madness at the end of Slippin Away. What were they thinking??  Might be my most played album of 2017. More accurately would no 2 spot. really looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday 
    • Yeah, I love the original.
      Interestingly, Sly Stallone wanted "Another One Bites The Dust" and Queen wouldn't allow the ise, so he asked Survivor to write their version of the Queen song.
      The watched some of the movies and saw the line "you've lost the eye of the tiger", liked the line and wrote the song.
      Another footnote, for the next movie they were presented with that "you're the best... around" song and rejected it and it went on the get fame in the Karate Kid movie. Anyway, like I said, I love the original song, but to me it sounds a bit rawer than this version.
      This version doesn't suck, it's just average in the way of "what's the point"
      Nothing new, no new take on the song.
      if you're gonna redo a song like this, it has to be (as Paul Stanley would say) bombastic.
      This isn't.

No biggie, but of all the covers are lesser versions of the originals I'll obviously have no interest.
      To cover a song you either improve it or do your own take on it.
      Simply re-recording it with newer technology and a cleaner sound etc is not very inspiring.
    • Not sure what you mean by that. You reckon this version is more AOR than the original? Bonfire are by nature a bit ballsier than Survivor in that era and this just sounds like Bonfire doing a Survivor cover, which, by nature, is a bit more hard rock than AOR... to these ears anyway. Decent cover. 
    • Why are the making the songs more AOR than the originals? Very average.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.