Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Dallas - deal with AOR Blvd Records

Reminds me of Steel Panther a bit.

Average song, but will likely turn in to a good song on more listens amongst the rest of the album.

those song titles concern me.

The 2 tracks above are ok. kinda 7/10 material.

I'll check it out tho for sure. 

Got this Cd today and been through it a couple times...

Few good songs but overall not doing too much for me yet.....maybe it'll grow after more listens. It's almost like Rick Springfield meets Blue Tears meets Def Leppard.  Definitely has a late 80's/early 90's vibe.  Heck, feels like these songs might've been written and recorded back then.  

Production is a little strange....Lots of effects going on....Sometimes feels a little poppy with some of the effects.  Vocals seem pretty low in the mix sometimes and also strained. 

However, still not bad though.  I like the first 4 tracks with Bring The Light probably being the tune that stood out most, the ballad Close My Eyes is pretty good, Miles Away isn't bad and I kinda like one of the Japan bonus tracks, Forever.  The rest just sort of went under my radar.

Not bad though...I expect this to grow a bit as I do like the sound....well worth at least checking out.

On 8/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, tts42572 said:

Got this Cd today and been through it a couple times...

Few good songs but overall not doing too much for me yet.....maybe it'll grow after more listens. It's almost like Rick Springfield meets Blue Tears meets Def Leppard.  Definitely has a late 80's/early 90's vibe.  Heck, feels like these songs might've been written and recorded back then.  

Production is a little strange....Lots of effects going on....Sometimes feels a little poppy with some of the effects.  Vocals seem pretty low in the mix sometimes and also strained. 

However, still not bad though.  I like the first 4 tracks with Bring The Light probably being the tune that stood out most, the ballad Close My Eyes is pretty good, Miles Away isn't bad and I kinda like one of the Japan bonus tracks, Forever.  The rest just sort of went under my radar.

Not bad though...I expect this to grow a bit as I do like the sound....well worth at least checking out.

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts.  Your summation of the album is pretty much how I felt about these first two promo tracks.  I still plan to check out the full release, but with lowered expectations

6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Not on  Spotify yet... :crying:

I know. Why?? I've heard mixed reports on it anyway so not that fussed.

I refuse to purchase a CD these days unless I can preview first on Spotify.....too much dross out there 

7 hours ago, Glen said:

I know. Why?? I've heard mixed reports on it anyway so not that fussed.

I refuse to purchase a CD these days unless I can preview first on Spotify.....too much dross out there 

Personally, I think this is a skip.  Couple decent songs but really not very memorable IMO.

I'm not sure I've really given it much of a chance but I've listened a couple times and really haven't had any desire to go back to it.  

Probably going to be tossing mine on Ebay at some point when I get around to it.