Ted Poley - Modern Art

Stefan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, Glen said:

yeah fair dos. I'm just listening to each track thinking 'that would sound better with RE'

Perhaps I'll get over it ? 

getting over it slowly ;)

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, kourosofsteel3 said:

It  was announced that this is going to be pressed on vinyl  :doh:

Is that means Mighty Music going release the cd ( hopefully) in Europe as well ?

• 1 month later...

Put back from Amazon until 7th Dec...got mine this morning,sounds very good indeed,I like the mix of Teds Voice with as mentioned less heavy but still melodic Degreed,this could well crash my top 10,repeated listens will decide,gonna spin nothing but 2018 release between now and Jan 1st to give everything a chance again :)

as always Degreeds music absolutely rules.

But these songs should so have been sung by RE. 

Ted's vocals just don't fit and it will forever be the shame about this album is that we will never hear it as a full blown Degreed album which it so painfully obviously is. 

That said the album is still pretty nice and (because 2018 is so weak) is actually scraping my top 10 or might just miss ;)

51 minutes ago, Glen said:

as always Degreeds music absolutely rules.

But these songs should so have been sung by RE. 

Ted's vocals just don't fit and it will forever be the shame about this album is that we will never hear it as a full blown Degreed album which it so painfully obviously is. 

That said the album is still pretty nice and (because 2018 is so weak) is actually scraping my top 10 or might just miss ;)

Agree on this.  For me, what makes Degreed work is the grittiness RE brings to the mix with the vocals.

For me, Ted's smoother voice just doesn't work with this style.  I listened to 3 or 4 of those songs and never had any desire to listen to them again.

I like Ted with DD, Tokyo Motor Fist and some of his solos stuff....But the pairing with Degreed just didn't work for me.