Ted Poley - Modern Art

Stefan

On 7/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Geoff said:

Just to change the tone of this thread as it's been pretty luke-warm so far, lol... I'll put it out there that this is my favourite album I've heard so far this year. Remembering LeBrock is an EP...

But I just really like this album. Super consistent and I find myself really enjoying every song a lot. Favourite songs are pretty much every single one of them, but for me, 'Time' is the show stealer. Ripper of a track. But like I say, I just really like the whole thing. 

Yep..the song 'Time' is an absolute killer. Love it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it' no brainer that "Time" is an absolute opus of a track, almost  on par with Gypsy At Heart, probably the only ones I love from  Ted's new  cd.  Way too poppy!  It's the 1st thing with Ted in that I won't buy. :crying:

I also had to laugh at the "collaboration" thingie and that it's not a "solo" project. Yet it has Ted's logo and "artistic" face all over it... 

• 5 weeks later...

On paper this sounded promising.  Some collaborations work (W.E.T.) and some don't.  This one falls into the latter category for me.  A few solid tracks but by the end of the album I just wanted to pull out my copy of D2's debut and listen to the Ted Poley I know and love.

On another site, he said"  I am working on getting released  and talking to records label to get released in Europe". Anyone know if he was successful ?

16 hours ago, Glen said:

me too.

I love Degreed and I love Ted but I haven't heard one song on this which grabbed me. 

If this song doesn't grab you, I think it's time to hang up the boots, ol' fella; 

It's a good album. The Devil to my angel, Running for the light, Gypsy at heart and the highlight of the album 'Time' are all gems. And the rest aren't bad either. So for me, not the album of the year but definitely a very good album.

Gypsy is pretty cool I'll admit, but.....

1. not that attached to the subject matter

2. I'd prefer the singer of Degreed to be singing it

3. I prefer nearly every track on the last Degreed or Ted album 

20 hours ago, Glen said:

Gypsy is pretty cool I'll admit, but.....

1. not that attached to the subject matter

2. I'd prefer the singer of Degreed to be singing it

3. I prefer nearly every track on the last Degreed or Ted album 

I agree that both those albums are better, but this is still sitting pretty nicely for me this year. Still yet to find anything better than it (until the likes of Midnite City pop their heads up).  

43 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I agree that both those albums are better, but this is still sitting pretty nicely for me this year. Still yet to find anything better than it (until the likes of Midnite City pop their heads up).  

I'll let u know when it's released ;)

• 1 month later...

so finally getting round to listening to this.

The songs are actually really good but by Christ does this album miss Erikson.

This is through and through a Degreed album and Ted just sounds wrong on these songs. It needed RE's grit to pull this off imo.

Shame as it could have been a damned good 5th album from the boys.

Instead we have a strange collaboration which doesn't really work.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

so finally getting round to listening to this.

The songs are actually really good but by Christ does this album miss Erikson.

This is through and through a Degreed album and Ted just sounds wrong on these songs. It needed RE's grit to pull this off imo.

Shame as it could have been a damned good 5th album from the boys.

Instead we have a strange collaboration which doesn't really work.

So you were having a slap at my balls for this being being my favourite album of the year a couple of months ago (it's been eclipsed now) and you hadn't even heard it?? What's up with that? 

I made it perfectly clear that I hadn't heard it because IT HADNT BEEN RELEASED ;)

I was going on the few tracks on you tube. Which for me didn't work and still don't.

There are some good tracks on the album....what they need to do is re-record the whole album with Erikson. 

Might be a top 10 contender then

As it is....it's a bit weird. Not sure I'll spin it much which is a shame 

34 minutes ago, Glen said:

I made it perfectly clear that I hadn't heard it because IT HADNT BEEN RELEASED ;)

I was going on the few tracks on you tube. Which for me didn't work and still don't.

There are some good tracks on the album....what they need to do is re-record the whole album with Erikson. 

Might be a top 10 contender then

As it is....it's a bit weird. Not sure I'll spin it much which is a shame 

Hombre, what? We were talking about it probably under a month ago, and it was released on the 30th of July. If I was a detective I'd dig the thread up but I'm pretty sure you and Russ were saying how shit the album was and that I enjoyed anal sex with men because it was my favourite album of the year.

Silly me thought very much so that the discussion was being had by three people well aware of the album we were discussing. ;)

Creep. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Hombre, what? We were talking about it probably under a month ago, and it was released on the 30th of July. If I was a detective I'd dig the thread up but I'm pretty sure you and Russ were saying how shit the album was and that I enjoyed anal sex with men because it was my favourite album of the year.

Silly me thought very much so that the discussion was being had by three people well aware of the album we were discussing. ;)

Creep. 

it was released on Amazon 7th Sept.

it might have leaked around 30th July ;)

Anyway I couldn't find it on Spotify as it is listed under Modern Art, not Ted Poley!!

if you scroll through this thread you will see from my comments that I'd only heard the singles.

Anyway it doesn't change my opinion that they should re record the album and just call it a Degreed album

Ted sounds weird here imo. 

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

it was released on Amazon 7th Sept.

it might have leaked around 30th July ;)

Anyway I couldn't find it on Spotify as it is listed under Modern Art, not Ted Poley!!

if you scroll through this thread you will see from my comments that I'd only heard the singles.

Anyway it doesn't change my opinion that they should re record the album and just call it a Degreed album

Ted sounds weird here imo. 

I'm quite at peace with the album as it is. Massive fan of Degreed, and a lifetime fan of Poley. Yeah, this probably isn't his perfect match, but I think he sounds pretty good and it's a cool combo for something a bit different.

Degreed released an album recently and will release another monster soon - no harm in having a collaboration with someone like Ted Poley in-between. ;)