16 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

This band reminds me why I hate pop music and hipster culture in general.

Which one? Vega, or We Were Sharks? If Vega, please explain yourself. :)

And again... like I said, the We Were Sharks song isn't there to draw fans... just a production comparison from one song in a playlist to another... nothing more, nothing less. I like the song, but how good the song is wasn't the point, at all. ;)

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

And again... like I said, the We Were Sharks song isn't there to draw fans... just a production comparison from one song in a playlist to another... nothing more, nothing less. I like the song, but how good the song is wasn't the point, at all. ;)

I think his point was stop banging on about the production - we get you don't like it ;)

25 minutes ago, Glen said:

I think his point was stop banging on about the production - we get you don't like it ;)

Point taken. It can be annoying. 

I remember last year some guy just wouldn't shut up about the production on the Midnite City album... which was muddy, but not really that bad at all (Far, far better than Vega). I think the same guy is up to 88,000 posts about Issa's voice this year (on top of his 888,000 from previous years), lol.

Can't think of the chap's name, though. ;) 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I was talking about the lumberjacks.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Point taken. It can be annoying. 

I remember last year some guy just wouldn't shut up about the production on the Midnite City album... which was muddy, but not really that bad at all (Far, far better than Vega). I think the same guy is up to 88,000 posts about Issa's voice this year (on top of his 888,000 from previous years), lol.

Can't think of the chap's name, though. ;) 

Alphamale ;)

14 hours ago, Glen said:

Alphamale ;)

Haha. 

On the album, I'm not wild about the first two, and even less fond of the last two... but 3-10 are wonderful. 'Standing Still' is probably my favourite of the lot. 

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Haha. 

On the album, I'm not wild about the first two, and even less fond of the last two... but 3-10 are wonderful. 'Standing Still' is probably my favourite of the lot. 

really? I really like Worth Dying For & Go To War. 2 of my favs 

55 minutes ago, Glen said:

really? I really like Worth Dying For & Go To War. 2 of my favs 

Okay, so maybe a bit of an exageration about 'Worth dying for.' I'll take that one back and say the album starts there. It is better than I thought... a grower. 

As for 'Go to war,' I actually think it's bordering on bad, for Vega standards. Poor verses and pre-choruses and really a pretty embarrassing chorus - like a limp, half-assed chant. Like a kid's song or something. Nah, don't like that one bit. Worst song on the CD, imo, for sure. 

But the mid-section is great. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

a grower. 

Isn't that you breaking your music rules?
Allowing a song multiple listens to show its worth?

?

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Okay, so maybe a bit of an exageration about 'Worth dying for.' I'll take that one back and say the album starts there. It is better than I thought... a grower. 

As for 'Go to war,' I actually think it's bordering on bad, for Vega standards. Poor verses and pre-choruses and really a pretty embarrassing chorus - like a limp, half-assed chant. Like a kid's song or something. Nah, don't like that one bit. Worst song on the CD, imo, for sure. 

But the mid-section is great. 

are we listening to the same song?

the pre is pure Vega. I love it.

And the chorus is great. 

And the solo rules.

You lost me on this one mate 

I actually love the whole album start to finish. Not often I say that these days 

Overall still a pleasant album as expected

My fave are 'Only Human', 'Last Man Standing', and 'All Over Now' - if I have to put the weakest point, well probably 'Go To War' but I still dig that song anyway

16 hours ago, Glen said:

are we listening to the same song?

the pre is pure Vega. I love it.

And the chorus is great. 

And the solo rules.

You lost me on this one mate 

I actually love the whole album start to finish. Not often I say that these days 

Yep, same song mate. Sorry, I love this band but if this song was pure Vega, I wouldn't like Vega. It's a very bad song, which doesn't always mean it's enjoyable or not... but in this case, it's a bad song and I don't enjoy it. Very far removed from the Vega I know and love (and hear on the rest of the album). 

20 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Isn't that you breaking your music rules?
Allowing a song multiple listens to show its worth?

?

Grr. Not with good bands/songs. Billions of good songs grow into great songs. What never happens, ever, is that terrible songs grow into good songs. Which is what I was talking about in that other thread. ;) ie. with Europe. 

whole album just sounds like Vega to me. I enjoy every song.

my only gripe is the distortion on track one in the verses. would have preferred it just clean. 

Otherwise top job guys :)

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Grr. Not with good bands/songs. Billions of good songs grow into great songs. What never happens, ever, is that terrible songs grow into good songs. Which is what I was talking about in that other thread. ;) ie. with Europe. 

I will give you that Europe have become a band that does require a bit of work to get to really like the new songs.

More so than many other bands.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I will give you that Europe have become a band that does require a bit of work to get to really like the new songs.

More so than many other bands.

Or. You could just save your time and accept the fact that they're horrible and move onto a band worth pursuing. ;) 

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Or. You could just save your time and accept the fact that they're horrible and move onto a band worth pursuing. ;) 

I guess there's always a small part of me that will stick with the bands that made an impression when they were kings.
Unless things dramatically change - Bon Jovi etc

On 5/28/2018 at 11:44 AM, CureTheSane said:

I guess there's always a small part of me that will stick with the bands that made an impression when they were kings.
Unless things dramatically change - Bon Jovi etc

I agree, but I'd argue the change in Europe is far, far worse than the change in Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi have had quite a few random  good songs since 1993. Europe, have not one. 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I agree, but I'd argue the change in Europe is far, far worse than the change in Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi have had quite a few random  good songs since 1993. Europe, have not one. 

I was going to disagree with that, but then I remembered it's a Vega topic and that has nothing to do with this topic

On vacation at the minute in Crete so have time to catch up on some new releases. Gave this a good listen today at the pool and I have to say it didn't really do much for me, just a ok album. 

1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

On vacation at the minute in Crete so have time to catch up on some new releases. Gave this a good listen today at the pool and I have to say it didn't really do much for me, just a ok album. 

I thought that on first listen but now I love it.