Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

This band reminds me why I hate pop music and hipster culture in general.

Which one? Vega, or We Were Sharks? If Vega, please explain yourself. :)

And again... like I said, the We Were Sharks song isn't there to draw fans... just a production comparison from one song in a playlist to another... nothing more, nothing less. I like the song, but how good the song is wasn't the point, at all. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Which one? Vega, or We Were Sharks? If Vega, please explain yourself. :)

And again... like I said, the We Were Sharks song isn't there to draw fans... just a production comparison from one song in a playlist to another... nothing more, nothing less. I like the song, but how good the song is wasn't the point, at all. ;)

I think his point was stop banging on about the production - we get you don't like it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Glen said:

I think his point was stop banging on about the production - we get you don't like it ;)

Point taken. It can be annoying. 

I remember last year some guy just wouldn't shut up about the production on the Midnite City album... which was muddy, but not really that bad at all (Far, far better than Vega). I think the same guy is up to 88,000 posts about Issa's voice this year (on top of his 888,000 from previous years), lol.

Can't think of the chap's name, though. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Which one? Vega, or We Were Sharks? If Vega, please explain yourself. :)

And again... like I said, the We Were Sharks song isn't there to draw fans... just a production comparison from one song in a playlist to another... nothing more, nothing less. I like the song, but how good the song is wasn't the point, at all. ;)

Yeah, I was talking about the lumberjacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Point taken. It can be annoying. 

I remember last year some guy just wouldn't shut up about the production on the Midnite City album... which was muddy, but not really that bad at all (Far, far better than Vega). I think the same guy is up to 88,000 posts about Issa's voice this year (on top of his 888,000 from previous years), lol.

Can't think of the chap's name, though. ;) 

Alphamale ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Glen said:

Alphamale ;)

Haha. 

On the album, I'm not wild about the first two, and even less fond of the last two... but 3-10 are wonderful. 'Standing Still' is probably my favourite of the lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Haha. 

On the album, I'm not wild about the first two, and even less fond of the last two... but 3-10 are wonderful. 'Standing Still' is probably my favourite of the lot. 

really? I really like Worth Dying For & Go To War. 2 of my favs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Glen said:

really? I really like Worth Dying For & Go To War. 2 of my favs 

Okay, so maybe a bit of an exageration about 'Worth dying for.' I'll take that one back and say the album starts there. It is better than I thought... a grower. 

As for 'Go to war,' I actually think it's bordering on bad, for Vega standards. Poor verses and pre-choruses and really a pretty embarrassing chorus - like a limp, half-assed chant. Like a kid's song or something. Nah, don't like that one bit. Worst song on the CD, imo, for sure. 

But the mid-section is great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

a grower. 

Isn't that you breaking your music rules?
Allowing a song multiple listens to show its worth?

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Okay, so maybe a bit of an exageration about 'Worth dying for.' I'll take that one back and say the album starts there. It is better than I thought... a grower. 

As for 'Go to war,' I actually think it's bordering on bad, for Vega standards. Poor verses and pre-choruses and really a pretty embarrassing chorus - like a limp, half-assed chant. Like a kid's song or something. Nah, don't like that one bit. Worst song on the CD, imo, for sure. 

But the mid-section is great. 

are we listening to the same song?

the pre is pure Vega. I love it.

And the chorus is great. 

And the solo rules.

You lost me on this one mate 

I actually love the whole album start to finish. Not often I say that these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall still a pleasant album as expected

My fave are 'Only Human', 'Last Man Standing', and 'All Over Now' - if I have to put the weakest point, well probably 'Go To War' but I still dig that song anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Glen said:

are we listening to the same song?

the pre is pure Vega. I love it.

And the chorus is great. 

And the solo rules.

You lost me on this one mate 

I actually love the whole album start to finish. Not often I say that these days 

Yep, same song mate. Sorry, I love this band but if this song was pure Vega, I wouldn't like Vega. It's a very bad song, which doesn't always mean it's enjoyable or not... but in this case, it's a bad song and I don't enjoy it. Very far removed from the Vega I know and love (and hear on the rest of the album). 

20 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Isn't that you breaking your music rules?
Allowing a song multiple listens to show its worth?

?

Grr. Not with good bands/songs. Billions of good songs grow into great songs. What never happens, ever, is that terrible songs grow into good songs. Which is what I was talking about in that other thread. ;) ie. with Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whole album just sounds like Vega to me. I enjoy every song.

my only gripe is the distortion on track one in the verses. would have preferred it just clean. 

Otherwise top job guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Grr. Not with good bands/songs. Billions of good songs grow into great songs. What never happens, ever, is that terrible songs grow into good songs. Which is what I was talking about in that other thread. ;) ie. with Europe. 

I will give you that Europe have become a band that does require a bit of work to get to really like the new songs.

More so than many other bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I will give you that Europe have become a band that does require a bit of work to get to really like the new songs.

More so than many other bands.

Or. You could just save your time and accept the fact that they're horrible and move onto a band worth pursuing. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Or. You could just save your time and accept the fact that they're horrible and move onto a band worth pursuing. ;) 

I guess there's always a small part of me that will stick with the bands that made an impression when they were kings.
Unless things dramatically change - Bon Jovi etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 11:44 AM, CureTheSane said:

I guess there's always a small part of me that will stick with the bands that made an impression when they were kings.
Unless things dramatically change - Bon Jovi etc

I agree, but I'd argue the change in Europe is far, far worse than the change in Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi have had quite a few random  good songs since 1993. Europe, have not one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I agree, but I'd argue the change in Europe is far, far worse than the change in Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi have had quite a few random  good songs since 1993. Europe, have not one. 

I was going to disagree with that, but then I remembered it's a Vega topic and that has nothing to do with this topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On vacation at the minute in Crete so have time to catch up on some new releases. Gave this a good listen today at the pool and I have to say it didn't really do much for me, just a ok album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

On vacation at the minute in Crete so have time to catch up on some new releases. Gave this a good listen today at the pool and I have to say it didn't really do much for me, just a ok album. 

I thought that on first listen but now I love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Posts

    • Hahaha the video is sad. Agree with the comments above, it must be his first ever video. Only the drummer looks cool in the video. That said, the most important thing is the song..and it is a very nice song. Ya again as you guys mentioned the chorus could have been better coz the verses are perfect but it is what it is...I ll take it.
    • No, it's definitely not. For the record, though; looking beyond what the media jams down your throat, I don't personally find him misogynistic to a degree that offends me at all; I sure as hell don't find him to be racist (seems like it's the go-to tag for someone who might just call a thing or two for what it is from time to time). As for being a liar... probably true, and that's different to absolutely zero politicians in all of history. Anyway, I agree... not the time or place. I actually hate politics and rubbish political discussions. But I hate the media more and I hate just going along with an opinion without thinking about it for yourself even more than the media!   
    • I can't for the life of me understand how someone can have any time for  a misogynistic, racist c*nt, who's a pathological liar, with so many skeletons in his closet that a plague burial ground would look threadbare in comparison. It has nothing to do with  sheep mentality. It has to do with having sound values in life.  But, we'd better leave it there, because this isn't a politics forum.     
    • Phenomena - The Complete Works (3 CD) The Answer - Raise A Little Hell (2 CD) The Answer - Revival (2 CD) Black Star Riders - The Killer Instinct (2 CD) The Amorettes - White Hot Heat Circle II Circle - The Middle Of Nowhere + 1 Crystal Pistol - s/t
    • Agreed. But if you have a view that makes you look really stupid and is something to be embarrassed about, probably best just to keep it to yourself and sing about vaginas instead. For example, if you follow a religion the worst thing in the world you can do, imo, is publicise it... especially in a song. It just makes you look stupid.  In. My opinion, of course. But it's the same with that stupid Kryptonite song, which is preaching to forsake all sense of logic and just allow every human being into everywhere. Australia only has 25 million people? WHAT?! Even though you can't move in the fucking place, let's let everyone in and have 50 million by the week's end!!! says mr singer of Kryptonite. Well I never had an issue with the guy at all in the past, but now I look at him different - in an irritating, stupid kind of way. Anyway, to each their own. Everyone's got their own view n' stuff, but it just seems to sound even more stupid in a song if you have a view that is very polarising.  As for my percentage on who has a problem or not with Trump... I agree. I probably did get that wrong. Much more than 50% of people are sheep and follow what their favourite celebrity or the media is telling them without actually thinking for themselves. For the record, I don't really have much of an opinion on Trump because I don't care enough about it all to get involved. But I definitely like him more than I dislike him and think the outcry against him is just a pathetic banquet of sheep falling over themselves to fit in. Personally.
    • 50 % (50+ even!)have no issue with Trump? Seriously doubt those numbers, but ok, then the lyrics shouldn't bother them either. It only bothers those who like him, I would say.  The arts is a great way to express ideas, ideals etc. Artists shouldn't censor themselves just because some might disagree.  To only listen/read/talk to stuff/people you agree with is stupid. 
    • Oh shit, yeah, sorry, not technically Airless. But if I read that thread right it's the entire Airless band; just with Gioeli on vocals. So it may as well still be called Airless, lol. 
    • Yeah, that's nice. Am I right in thinking this is the one hit wonder from the 80's who had a massive hit which I forget now, and she appeared on Australian 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' either this or last year? I'll check it out. I wonder if Shannon Noll is on it at all. If it is the Tiffany I'm thinking of they were jamming in the jungle and spoke of working together. This sounds a hell of a lot better than his last album though... 
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.