heavyharmonies

Guess Dan's top 5 of 2017

5. Wildness

4. Cats in Space

3. Don Barnes

2. Night Flight Orchestra

1. One Desire

Only two of these I knew for certain when the thread was started. Crazysam confirmed One Desire for me. Would Dan consider Don Barnes a legit 2017 release? And did he like Wildness that much? Why couldn't Within Temptation have released five albums this year? Would've been so much easier. 

1 minute ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

5. Wildness

4. Cats in Space

3. Don Barnes

2. Night Flight Orchestra

1. One Desire

Only two of these I knew for certain when the thread was started. Crazysam confirmed One Desire for me. Would Dan consider Don Barnes a legit 2017 release? And did he like Wildness that much? Why couldn't Within Temptation have released five albums this year? Would've been so much easier. 

3 out of 5 correct, with all 3 in their correct spots.

To answer your question, I do consider the Don Barnes to be a 2017 release as it was never actually "officially" released prior to that.

I reckon CIS, One Desire and Don Barnes are correct.

in that case the other 2 might be Art Nation or HEAT or else it's completely random and something that Dan's never commented on the Forums.

but what do I know lol. 

8 hours ago, Glen said:

I reckon CIS, One Desire and Don Barnes are correct.

in that case the other 2 might be Art Nation or HEAT or else it's completely random and something that Dan's never commented on the Forums.

I wonder if it is NFO rather than Don Barnes.  You had 3 correct by including Code Red, Pinnacle Point and NFO.  Then, mrbandwidth removed Code Red and NFO and only had 2.  KarpetRyd included NFO and had 3.   Another possible one is Keldian as Dan had their prior release in his Honorable Mentions and implied their latest might be even better.

well I hope Dan has NFO at No2 - In which case he would be one place out from being correct ;)

It's not H.e.a.t, because he's stated it's not even as good as the last H.e.a.t album, which we all know was the worst H.e.a.t album. Until this one came along. 

;}

To add a little bit of intrigue, one of the albums in my top 5 has not been mentioned anywhere in this thread thus far...

9 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's not H.e.a.t, because he's stated it's not even as good as the last H.e.a.t album, which we all know was the worst H.e.a.t album. Until this one came along. 

;}

you mean that HEAT album that Dan rated the best album of 2014.

;)

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

To add a little bit of intrigue, one of the albums in my top 5 has not been mentioned anywhere in this thread thus far...

For your sake, I hope it's Midnite City, but I doubt it. What about Degreed? Has anyone mentioned Degreed here at all? My guess would be Degreed, or at the wildest end of the curveball spectrum, the Houston album. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

you mean that HEAT album that Dan rated the best album of 2014.

;)

Yeah... 2014 really wasn't a good year. ;}

Does Dan like Boulevard?

There's gotta be something Proggy or Symphonic that came out last year. 

no idea. I'll just wait for the list now. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

no idea. I'll just wait for the list now. 

Yup. 

Well, Dan, you've actually made us give a shit about your list this year. 

For once. 

;}

Nah, I look forward to them every year. 

All I could guess is the most overlooked album of the year

Mr Big - Defying Gravity

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

All I could guess is the most overlooked album of the year

Mr Big - Defying Gravity

Overlooked? It's one of the WORST of 2017.

Boulevard is a good shout bit who knows....could be anything.

on a side note I think Pete's is PC69. 

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Overlooked? It's one of the WORST of 2017.

Yep, absolute piece of shit. I don't think it was overlooked - it was just hated by anyone who heard it. ;) Because it's awful... 

I reckon Keldian will be there or there abouts. Unfortunately, I only got it just after I sent my finalised list in to Dan, otherwise it would have made a top 5 placing.It's brilliant 

checking it out.....never heard 

Hmm...

What's this Keldian?

9 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hmm...

What's this Keldian?

I listened to it on Spotify. I can understand why Jez likes it but it's not for me 

Aren't they some borderline prog-ish hard rock / metal band? I owned one of their CDs a while ago - sold it. I can kind of remember their sound, but I wasn't a fan. I wonder if they're much different now. 

11 hours ago, Glen said:

I listened to it on Spotify. I can understand why Jez likes it but it's not for me 

Which is another reason it might be for Dan. 

Keldian is in my honorable mentions list.