Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent album, very consistent. To me it's on par with the previous 2; couldn't choose one over the other ones.

Favorites: Watch The Fire, Urgent, Dangerous, Heart Is On The Line, I Don't Wanna Play That Game, The Burning Pain Of Love... Damn! Nearly all tracks are instant hits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mrbandwidth said:

Excellent album, very consistent. To me it's on par with the previous 2; couldn't choose one over the other ones.

Favorites: Watch The Fire, Urgent, Dangerous, Heart Is On The Line, I Don't Wanna Play That Game, The Burning Pain Of Love... Damn! Nearly all tracks are instant hits.

 

yep 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm just going to be that guy again. 

It's solid from start to end, but for me it's probably quite easily the weakest WET album. The awfully titled 'Never ending retraceable dream' is certainly the closest they get to their established "WET sound." 'Kings of Thunder Road' and 'Elegantly Wasted' are very fine too. 

Problem is the rest of it. Absolutely no hint of a bad song, or a filler - that's not the issue. But the rest is just Martensson by numbers. And his numbers are good and easy to listen too, but it's just... just very predictable, safe and familiar. 

I do think the other two are far better albums, but this is still very solid stuff. As expected... but I hoped for something more extraordinary. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They made it very clear before this was released that they were giving us what(most of us) come to expect with a W.E.T. album. Nothing new, nothing different, W.E.T. doing W.E.T. plain and simple!  And I for one am just fine with that. GREAT album!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

They made it very clear before this was released that they were giving us what(most of us) come to expect with a W.E.T. album. Nothing new, nothing different, W.E.T. doing W.E.T. plain and simple!  And I for one am just fine with that. GREAT album!

Agreed.

personally I think this is their most consistent album.

I can listen all the way through and thoroughly enjoy every song.

The only song I think is predictable is the ballad. 

delightful album imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

They made it very clear before this was released that they were giving us what(most of us) come to expect with a W.E.T. album. Nothing new, nothing different, W.E.T. doing W.E.T. plain and simple!  And I for one am just fine with that. GREAT album!

Agree!

I like the Erik influence on this and the more Eclipse feel.  It's like the best parts of Eclipse though...melodic as heck mixed with JSS vocals.

I really like the vibe of this and super easy to listen to all the way through.  

Still feeling like it's my favorite W.e.t album.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed it even more upon listening a second time.  It is more consistent than the prior two albums, but I find that my favorite tracks on those releases are better than anything on this one.  But that is just splitting hairs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Glen said:

Agreed.

personally I think this is their most consistent album.

I can listen all the way through and thoroughly enjoy every song.

The only song I think is predictable is the ballad. 

delightful album imo. 

Most consistent, yes. The first album still has the best songs, so it's my favourite of the three. And I don't recall loving the second album, so this one would be the runner-up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Most consistent, yes. The first album still has the best songs, so it's my favourite of the three. And I don't recall loving the second album, so this one would be the runner-up. 

Rise Up 
Earthrage
W.E.T.
Rise Up just edges Earthrage for top spot for me, but all 3 are fantastic and even though somewhat far apart I don't think any other band has put out 3 consecutive albums of this quality! Love all 3!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon if I did my top 10 WET songs, they'd possibly all be from the first two albums. My list of their best albums in order would be the same as the year they were released from first to last. 

Glen made a really good point that was swept under the carpet much earlier on in this thread. We can all hear walls and walls and walls... and walls of Martensson. But what about Robert Säll? I can't hear him at all in this album, whereas he was very present on the first two. And I guess that's why I prefer the first two. ;)

Okay, had to do the experiment. So it'd actually be somewhere between 13-17 in the WET discography before I'd rank a song from the new album. These are my 13 favourite songs;

1. Running From The Heartache

2. If I Fall

3. Walk Away

4. What You Want

5. The Moment 

6. Learn To Live Again

7. Love Heals

8. Bad Boy

9. Shot 

10. Still Believe In Love

11. Invincible

12. Still Unbroken

13. I'll Be There

And then 'Never ending retraceable dream' would slot in somewhere from 14-17 with 'One Love,' 'One Day At A Time,' and 'My Everything.' 

Yeah, it's not a bad album, but if they were meant to do this:

On 4/2/2018 at 3:40 AM, The Rocker said:

They made it very clear before this was released that they were giving us what(most of us) come to expect with a W.E.T. album. Nothing new, nothing different, W.E.T. doing W.E.T. plain and simple!  And I for one am just fine with that. GREAT album!

I think they failed when they forgot to ask Säll for a contribution, because it definitely sounds more to me this time like Martensson than WET. That's for sure. Just listening to a few songs from my list of 13 as I type this post... wow, I'd rank the first two albums 10+ points clear of the new one. Pure, very melodic hard rock / AOR on the first two. Just Martensson by-the-numbers on album three. :(

Just listen to this one - the 13th song on my list - and look me in the eye and tell me there's anything anywhere near close to this on the new album - it's miles ahead, imo;

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just done listening to this album... thrice.

While it doesn't top Rise Up for me, it's still a damned fine album. Incredibly consistent.

I know I'm listening to a good album if all of a sudden it's over and I'm going "Wait, what? Why did it stop?"

This album flies by in a heartbeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Glen made a really good point that was swept under the carpet much earlier on in this thread. We can all hear walls and walls and walls... and walls of Martensson. But what about Robert Säll? I can't hear him at all in this album, whereas he was very present on the first two. And I guess that's why I prefer the first two. ;)

I think they failed when they forgot to ask Säll for a contribution, because it definitely sounds more to me this time like Martensson than WET. 

 

Not just Gleonard. George mentioned it, too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I reckon if I did my top 10 WET songs, they'd possibly all be from the first two albums. My list of their best albums in order would be the same as the year they were released from first to last. 

Glen made a really good point that was swept under the carpet much earlier on in this thread. We can all hear walls and walls and walls... and walls of Martensson. But what about Robert Säll? I can't hear him at all in this album, whereas he was very present on the first two. And I guess that's why I prefer the first two. ;)

Okay, had to do the experiment. So it'd actually be somewhere between 13-17 in the WET discography before I'd rank a song from the new album. These are my 13 favourite songs;

1. Running From The Heartache

2. If I Fall

3. Walk Away

4. What You Want

5. The Moment 

6. Learn To Live Again

7. Love Heals

8. Bad Boy

9. Shot 

10. Still Believe In Love

11. Invincible

12. Still Unbroken

13. I'll Be There 

Yeah, it's not a bad album, but if they were meant to do this:

I think they failed when they forgot to ask Säll for a contribution, because it definitely sounds more to me this time like Martensson than WET. That's for sure. Just listening to a few songs from my list of 13 as I type this post... wow, I'd rank the first two albums 10+ points clear of the new one. Pure, very melodic hard rock / AOR on the first two. Just Martensson by-the-numbers on album three. :(

Just listen to this one - the 13th song on my list - and look me in the eye and tell me there's anything anywhere near close to this on the new album - it's miles ahead, imo;

 

Am with Geoff on this one. This is by no means a bad album. Solid from start to finish. But songs like 'Running from the heartache', 'If I fall' and 'Walkaway'(to mention a few) are the reason why I love this band so much and sadly I don't hear songs that are as good as the aforementioned ones in their new album. As stated above by many, which I totally agree, is Erik influence on this album. I like Eclipse but this is W.E.T. - so would prefer more if they maintain their sound/style which they did right up to their second album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not getting drawn into the 'whole album sounds like Eclipse' argument.

my comment earlier was after Calling Out my Name which to me is a deadringer for Eclipse BUT I was very happy to hear the whole album and was proved WRONG.

The only ones which sound like Martensson clones are Calling, dangerous, urgent imo.

hardly any of the others do imo 

personally I love the album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm not getting drawn into the 'whole album sounds like Eclipse' argument.

my comment earlier was after Calling Out my Name which to me is a deadringer for Eclipse BUT I was very happy to hear the whole album and was proved WRONG.

The only ones which sound like Martensson clones are Calling, dangerous, urgent imo.

hardly any of the others do imo 

personally I love the album.

Yep!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's just say that my top 10 WET songs would be VERY different to Geoffs ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

"Running from the Heartache" is number one, though. "One Day at a Time" is prolly second. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

"Running from the Heartache" is number one, though. "One Day at a Time" is prolly second. 

your no 1 maybe, not mine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

your no 1 maybe, not mine. 

What's yours?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My top W e.t songs would be very different than above...and many near the top would be from the new album.

I'd probably put Learn to Live Again first, followed in some order by Watch The Fire, Calling Out Your Name, Urgent and Dangerous.  Then maybe The Moment and One Love.  I'm not sure after that...Probably Walk Away, What You Want would be next.

I'm sure though that for me nothing from the first album would be in my top 5.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What's yours?

well call me a heathen but I honestly think I like the first 3 on the new album as much as any WET song.....so if I add my 3 favs off the other 2 albums, I guess my top 9 might be (in any order) -

Watch The Fire

Burn

Thunder Road

Learn to Live Again

Shot

Still Believe

My Everything

If I Fall

I'll be there

 

Although I do think If I Fall is too long at 6 mins, but then the harmonies are great. 

Calling Out Your Name is also fantastic and would prob round out my top 10.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
31 minutes ago, Glen said:

well call me a heathen but I honestly think I like the first 3 on the new album as much as any WET song.....so if I add my 3 favs off the other 2 albums, I guess my top 9 might be (in any order) -

Watch The Fire

Burn

Thunder Road

Learn to Live Again

Shot

Still Believe

My Everything

If I Fall

I'll be there

 

Although I do think If I Fall is too long at 6 mins, but then the harmonies are great. 

Calling Out Your Name is also fantastic and would prob round out my top 10.

 

 

You heathen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You heathen!

takes one to know one ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite songs on the new album right now are 

The Burning Pain of Love

I Don't Want to Play That Game

It used to be 

Calling Out Your Name

Watch the Fire

so it varies and that is a sign of a great album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.