Silverkin

Killer intros

Another example of a killer intro surrounded by an equally killer/perfect song.

A couple more that I love, with a similar vibe.

On 27.12.2017 at 9:16 AM, CureTheSane said:

Some of those remind me of Catch Me I'm Falling (Extended) - Real Life

Super.

More 80's Pop. Probably not a "killer" intro, but memorable for me nonetheless. I remember like it was yesterday approaching what was then pretty much the only place in Melbourne that sold records, yes records. The iconic "Brashs". This was playing and I picked up what was I think my first 12" single.

Duh!

Double Duh!! I can't believe this wasn't the first one I posted. Arguably, the best ever.

Although "Odin's Court" is great in it's own right,  I guess it's still an intro, but what an intro!

I've never been able to do Christian Rock/Metal. I'm not anti Christian by any means, but for some reason it just irks me. There are of course some exceptions. Pretty much only 3. Impellitteri, Rob Rock and Stryper.

Like martinsane a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a "Lizzy Borden" binge today. So many great intros.

On 5/27/2018 at 2:46 AM, Darkstone said:

Like martinsane a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a "Lizzy Borden" binge today. So many great intros.

Ah I'll check some of these out today. Had a bit of an overload of listening to music and took a much needed break but am so ready to get back into it

For me, this is the best killer intro. Love it

I'd forgotten about this one.

Flippin loads..showing my age with some of these...but straight to mind:

Aldo Nova - Fantasy 

Teaze - Boys Nite Out (The One Night Stands version)

Godz - Candy's Going Bad

Zon - Circus ...love it when the guitars and keyboards hit about the 38 sec mark ...hairs still go up on the back of my neck

Montrose - Space Station No. 5

Wireless - Journey of a Possible Hero

Not a track I  listen to very often for some reason, but it popped up today. Hugely commercially successful, helped in no small part with the Terminator 2 connection.  Even without the soundtrack tie in it's still a killer track and intro. On of the best intros IMO. Many memories associated with this one. 

Brings me memories of that time I rode my bike down an LAZ aqueduct with some random kid.

Hold on, not sure that memory is 100% spot on :)

On 11/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, CureTheSane said:

Brings me memories of that time I rode my bike down an LAZ aqueduct with some random kid.

Hold on, not sure that memory is 100% spot on :)

Ha! I might be doing you a disservice, but I think you're about my vintage, so you know what a big deal that song and movie was at the time. T2 was my first ever VHS bootleg, which I obtained before the official video release. As for your memory, or recall shall we say, I think you may be confusing that with the time you went on holiday to Mars. 

Nah, that trip to Mars turned out to be a dream. Seemed so real at the time.
I recall thinking "how come I haven't seen more 3 titted women before...
That should have given it all away, but I guess I just went with it... ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• That one is okay, but doesn't have me rushing to pre-order.
    • Hahaha the video is sad. Agree with the comments above, it must be his first ever video. Only the drummer looks cool in the video. That said, the most important thing is the song..and it is a very nice song. Ya again as you guys mentioned the chorus could have been better coz the verses are perfect but it is what it is...I ll take it.
    • No, it's definitely not. For the record, though; looking beyond what the media jams down your throat, I don't personally find him misogynistic to a degree that offends me at all; I sure as hell don't find him to be racist (seems like it's the go-to tag for someone who might just call a thing or two for what it is from time to time). As for being a liar... probably true, and that's different to absolutely zero politicians in all of history. Anyway, I agree... not the time or place. I actually hate politics and rubbish political discussions. But I hate the media more and I hate just going along with an opinion without thinking about it for yourself even more than the media!   
    • I can't for the life of me understand how someone can have any time for  a misogynistic, racist c*nt, who's a pathological liar, with so many skeletons in his closet that a plague burial ground would look threadbare in comparison. It has nothing to do with  sheep mentality. It has to do with having sound values in life.  But, we'd better leave it there, because this isn't a politics forum.     
    • Phenomena - The Complete Works (3 CD) The Answer - Raise A Little Hell (2 CD) The Answer - Revival (2 CD) Black Star Riders - The Killer Instinct (2 CD) The Amorettes - White Hot Heat Circle II Circle - The Middle Of Nowhere + 1 Crystal Pistol - s/t
    • Agreed. But if you have a view that makes you look really stupid and is something to be embarrassed about, probably best just to keep it to yourself and sing about vaginas instead. For example, if you follow a religion the worst thing in the world you can do, imo, is publicise it... especially in a song. It just makes you look stupid.  In. My opinion, of course. But it's the same with that stupid Kryptonite song, which is preaching to forsake all sense of logic and just allow every human being into everywhere. Australia only has 25 million people? WHAT?! Even though you can't move in the fucking place, let's let everyone in and have 50 million by the week's end!!! says mr singer of Kryptonite. Well I never had an issue with the guy at all in the past, but now I look at him different - in an irritating, stupid kind of way. Anyway, to each their own. Everyone's got their own view n' stuff, but it just seems to sound even more stupid in a song if you have a view that is very polarising.  As for my percentage on who has a problem or not with Trump... I agree. I probably did get that wrong. Much more than 50% of people are sheep and follow what their favourite celebrity or the media is telling them without actually thinking for themselves. For the record, I don't really have much of an opinion on Trump because I don't care enough about it all to get involved. But I definitely like him more than I dislike him and think the outcry against him is just a pathetic banquet of sheep falling over themselves to fit in. Personally.
    • 50 % (50+ even!)have no issue with Trump? Seriously doubt those numbers, but ok, then the lyrics shouldn't bother them either. It only bothers those who like him, I would say.  The arts is a great way to express ideas, ideals etc. Artists shouldn't censor themselves just because some might disagree.  To only listen/read/talk to stuff/people you agree with is stupid. 
    • Oh shit, yeah, sorry, not technically Airless. But if I read that thread right it's the entire Airless band; just with Gioeli on vocals. So it may as well still be called Airless, lol. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.