Killer intros

Silverkin

• 2023 Gold Donors

More 80's Pop. Probably not a "killer" intro, but memorable for me nonetheless. I remember like it was yesterday approaching what was then pretty much the only place in Melbourne that sold records, yes records. The iconic "Brashs". This was playing and I picked up what was I think my first 12" single.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I've never been able to do Christian Rock/Metal. I'm not anti Christian by any means, but for some reason it just irks me. There are of course some exceptions. Pretty much only 3. Impellitteri, Rob Rock and Stryper.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 2:46 AM, Darkstone said:

Like martinsane a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a "Lizzy Borden" binge today. So many great intros.

Ah I'll check some of these out today. Had a bit of an overload of listening to music and took a much needed break but am so ready to get back into it

• 1 month later...

Flippin loads..showing my age with some of these...but straight to mind:

Aldo Nova - Fantasy 

Teaze - Boys Nite Out (The One Night Stands version)

Godz - Candy's Going Bad

Zon - Circus ...love it when the guitars and keyboards hit about the 38 sec mark ...hairs still go up on the back of my neck

Montrose - Space Station No. 5

Wireless - Journey of a Possible Hero

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Not a track I  listen to very often for some reason, but it popped up today. Hugely commercially successful, helped in no small part with the Terminator 2 connection.  Even without the soundtrack tie in it's still a killer track and intro. On of the best intros IMO. Many memories associated with this one. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 11/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, CureTheSane said:

Brings me memories of that time I rode my bike down an LAZ aqueduct with some random kid.

Hold on, not sure that memory is 100% spot on :)

Ha! I might be doing you a disservice, but I think you're about my vintage, so you know what a big deal that song and movie was at the time. T2 was my first ever VHS bootleg, which I obtained before the official video release. As for your memory, or recall shall we say, I think you may be confusing that with the time you went on holiday to Mars. 

Nah, that trip to Mars turned out to be a dream. Seemed so real at the time.
I recall thinking "how come I haven't seen more 3 titted women before...
That should have given it all away, but I guess I just went with it... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, Junkyard Dog is definitely a killer intro. On a side note, from the first day I got "Pull", i've tried to figure out what the image is on the cover. It looks like some sort of microscopic shot. Any ideas?