Hardcore Superstar - Have Mercy On Me

grissolm

On 3/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, Geoff said:

I don't mind it again. This stuff may not be splitting ballsacks in half, but it's definitely going to be an album worth listening to. 

I haven't really been into these guys over the years.  I don't know why....Just haven't really caught my eye for whatever reason. 

Lots of negative comments above but I'm kinda liking this new album.  Some fun, pretty catchy type of stuff.  I'd agree that it's definitely simple stuff and pretty sugar coated and can see why people that loved some of their past output may not like this.

By the same token though, I've been going back to their earlier stuff and still not finding a whole lot that's grabbing me.  I like a couple songs here and there but not enough to say so.  The only other album maybe I'll consider picking up is their greatest hits album that came out a few years ago as that would probably hit their highlights. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an EP worth of keepers from this album in my playlist in 2018 and thoroughly enjoyed those 5 songs every time they came on. Good stuff;

Electric Rider

My Sanctuary

You Can't Kill My Rock N' Roll

The Others

Have Mercy On Me

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I got an EP worth of keepers from this album in my playlist in 2018 and thoroughly enjoyed those 5 songs every time they came on. Good stuff;

Electric Rider

My Sanctuary

The Others

Have Mercy On Me

I know what you're talking about. My selection is:

Electric Rider

My Sanctuary

Hit Me When It Hurts

The Others

Baboon

Medicine Man

:)

The only one I have is C'mon Take On Me.

The songs like Above the Law I know I liked.

Was not a fan of his voice sometimes.

His voice kinda sounded like Love/Hate to me.

But if the songs sound big maybe with lots of back vocals I think those are the ones I like the best.

Not sure if this album is like that or not.

3 hours ago, jondavis said:

The only one I have is C'mon Take On Me.

The songs like Above the Law I know I liked.

Was not a fan of his voice sometimes.

His voice kinda sounded like Love/Hate to me.

But if the songs sound big maybe with lots of back vocals I think those are the ones I like the best.

Not sure if this album is like that or not.

Easily their best.
all other albums I find myself filtering through to find the best songs.
And they are there, just not as obviously.
then they decided to end their careers....

11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Easily their best.
all other albums I find myself filtering through to find the best songs.
And they are there, just not as obviously.
then they decided to end their careers....

What? What's happened? Whose careers ended? 

You know, when you actually think of it... the new one's probably more or less on par with most their better stuff in terms of amount of stand-out songs. The did have a good run for about three albums or so there, but I don't think any were ever filler free or anything... 

On 1/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, Geoff said:

Electric Rider

My Sanctuary

The Others

Have Mercy On Me

Would be the songs I'd list also.

Really dig Electric Rider...And My Sanctuary sounds like a lost Guns N Roses tune....excellent stuff.  Basically, I really like the first half of the album and then it loses some steam for me in the last 3-4 songs.

Have never been into these guys and this is the first album I've really given any attention to.  I'm thinking I'll probably just pick up their greatest hits album that came out a couple years ago to hit on the rest of their highlights.

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

What? What's happened? Whose careers ended? 

You know, when you actually think of it... the new one's probably more or less on par with most their better stuff in terms of amount of stand-out songs. The did have a good run for about three albums or so there, but I don't think any were ever filler free or anything... 

really? Beg and Dreamin are almost filler free. Split is too almost. 

15 hours ago, Glen said:

really? Beg and Dreamin are almost filler free. Split is too almost. 

Possibly, but in terms of real stand-outs, you're probably still only looking at around 5-6 killers, surely? I should listen to them all again one day soon... 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Possibly, but in terms of real stand-outs, you're probably still only looking at around 5-6 killers, surely? I should listen to them all again one day soon... 

Beg and Dreamin both have about 6 killers each. but by killer I mean 9.5+ not scraping at 8 which the new album manages at best. 

I'd say there isn't a song under 8 on either of those 2 albums. 

They haven't come close of matching the Awesomeness of songs like 'Illegal Fun', 'Innocent Boy', ' Spreading the News', ' Sorry for the Shape'