Hardcore Superstar - Have Mercy On Me

grissolm

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Album due later in year, also Glam Junkie done a great interview with one of members. Search on internet.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, Doggy said:

Album due later in year, also Glam Junkie done a great interview with one of members. Search on internet.

Haha!!! Mate, that is the vaguest post I think I've ever read. lol.

The news that they're touring Australia vaguely interests me, until I noticed the date is also the date we fly out overseas. 

23 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Where you off to Geoff?
I fly out to Thailand on the 14th

Nice. Where are you going in Thailand? We're heading up to a similar part of the world - up to the Phillipines, on islands around Cebu. Also heading out on the 14th. 

Is the timing purposeful for you too, to escape that little bit of our shitty winter? ;)

We're just going to Phuket for a week.
Couple of my kids will be there then also, but we'll mostly avoid them :)
I've been a couple of times before so there is less need to get out and see everything. Forced sitting on the beach or by the pool.

I travel a lot for work overseas, so this is the first really relaxing break for a while.
Although I'll be looking at some work stuff in my time there anyway.Timing was that late last year Jetstar has a deal on which made it less than $300 return each, so we just picked a date.

We're lucky as we are self employed we can travel when we like which we probably don't appreciate enough.

I was actually talking about Philippines as an option for something next year and apparently there is a big crackdown on drugs there which is kinda dangerous. I don't watch the news anymore so I know little about that. usually a storm in a teacup though I find.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Nice. Where are you going in Thailand? We're heading up to a similar part of the world - up to the Phillipines, on islands around Cebu. Also heading out on the 14th. 

Is the timing purposeful for you too, to escape that little bit of our shitty winter? ;)

Cool. I hope you discover there an awesome local rock band and return home and share about them on this site. 

Love 'Silly Fools'.

20 hours ago, Ponen said:

Cool. I hope you discover there an awesome local rock band and return home and share about them on this site. 

Love 'Silly Fools'.

Haha, not sure there will be any bands or music in the parts we're going to mate. ;)

22 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

We're just going to Phuket for a week.
Couple of my kids will be there then also, but we'll mostly avoid them :)
I've been a couple of times before so there is less need to get out and see everything. Forced sitting on the beach or by the pool.

I travel a lot for work overseas, so this is the first really relaxing break for a while.
Although I'll be looking at some work stuff in my time there anyway.Timing was that late last year Jetstar has a deal on which made it less than $300 return each, so we just picked a date.

We're lucky as we are self employed we can travel when we like which we probably don't appreciate enough.

I was actually talking about Philippines as an option for something next year and apparently there is a big crackdown on drugs there which is kinda dangerous. I don't watch the news anymore so I know little about that. usually a storm in a teacup though I find.

Less than $300 return is ridiculous. If I'd have seen that we'd be going there too! My wife and I went to Thailand for our honeymoon and we always said we'd go back for our 10 year anniversary. Kids kind of set that a back and we said 15 years. But I definitely want to go back to some of the many islands we didn't see. Particularly Racha Island. 

I've heard about the big crackdown on drugs in Phillipines too. Will let you know how it is there - so, so many options for places to go. If it's a winner, there's potential to holiday for the next 10 years or so, going to completely difference regions/islands each time.  :)

haha,

We had our honeymoon in Thailand 12 years ago.
Going back because it was opportunistic and also because all the traveling we do (around 4 o 5 overseas trips annually) are either work related or pretty fast paced taking in the sights etc.

Since we've been to Phuket before we're hoping it's forced relaxation to a degree.

Also,we're staying in the same hotel we honeymooned in, which is kinda cool.

Let me know how you found the Philippines.
Some friends and I celebrate major birthdays with an OS trip which is next year.
One of them is trying for vegas. I complained that he'd want a week there. He came back with "nah, a long weekend is enough"
He missed the point. I wouldn't fly to LA for a week, let along a long weekend, so I'm looking for alternates.

21 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

haha,

We had our honeymoon in Thailand 12 years ago.
Going back because it was opportunistic and also because all the traveling we do (around 4 o 5 overseas trips annually) are either work related or pretty fast paced taking in the sights etc.

Since we've been to Phuket before we're hoping it's forced relaxation to a degree.

Also,we're staying in the same hotel we honeymooned in, which is kinda cool.

Let me know how you found the Philippines.
Some friends and I celebrate major birthdays with an OS trip which is next year.
One of them is trying for vegas. I complained that he'd want a week there. He came back with "nah, a long weekend is enough"
He missed the point. I wouldn't fly to LA for a week, let along a long weekend, so I'm looking for alternates.

Yeah, I find that ridiculous that someone could consider a long weekend trip to somewhere like Vegas. He is evidently a millionaire, so I you should get him to pay for all of you to go if money is no issue for him. ;)

I turn 40 next year and would have loved to do an overseas 100% surf (and photography) trip with my brothers and a mate if interested. But my mate is doing a similar thing in Indonesia this year and I was vaguely invited... just couldn't do it without the kids at the moment. Hopefully when they're a bit older they get into surfing too and we can go on pure surf (for me and hopefully the kids) /diving (for my wife and maybe kids) holidays. :) I know there are great surf spots in the eastern islands in the Phillipines, whilst on the subject. 

I'd love to stay in the same places we did for our honeymoon too, when we go back to Thailand. But as it was about 2 days under a month, and a few different islands/hotels, I'm not sure how all that would cost with the kids now, lol. 

Anyway, I'll let you know about Phillipines. :)

He's a tradie.

Does ok, but just a normal bread winner.

He just likes the idea of getting to Vegas again.
And in the end I'll be cool with that. 
If we end up in the US, I'll spend a few days with him and the boys in Vegas having fun, and when they leave I'll move on and spend another week and a half doing my own thing.

Amazing that he'd want to fly 20 hours, spend a few days there, and then fly another 20 hours back...

3F3C32E100000578-0-image-a-18_1492162044

Man, did you already take photos from Carpet? Enjoy your staying there. 

Is anywhere available "Next Please"? B' side from Have Mercy On ME 7" single ( don't care for the moment to open my copy).  

On 5/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, CureTheSane said:

He's a tradie.

Does ok, but just a normal bread winner.

He just likes the idea of getting to Vegas again.
And in the end I'll be cool with that. 
If we end up in the US, I'll spend a few days with him and the boys in Vegas having fun, and when they leave I'll move on and spend another week and a half doing my own thing.

Amazing that he'd want to fly 20 hours, spend a few days there, and then fly another 20 hours back...

Yep, some people simply amaze me. And this is a case of that. If I ever got to America I'd be spending a month at least, to make those airfares worth it. ;)

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yep, some people simply amaze me. And this is a case of that. If I ever got to America I'd be spending a month at least, to make those airfares worth it. ;)

Airfare cast isn't the issue. These days you get to LA return with Air New Zealand from Melbourne for less then $100
I Saw Melbourne to Athens today for like $650 or something with Scoot.

For me it's the wasted time in the air.
Spend a day to get somewhere, and a day to get back, I say you need at least 10 days on the ground to make it worthwhile.

20 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Airfare cast isn't the issue. These days you get to LA return with Air New Zealand from Melbourne for less then $100
I Saw Melbourne to Athens today for like $650 or something with Scoot.

For me it's the wasted time in the air.
Spend a day to get somewhere, and a day to get back, I say you need at least 10 days on the ground to make it worthwhile.

High rollers. ;) You guys must be doing all right to be that casual about paying that for airfares without milking it for all it's worth. 

I assume you missed a 0 on the cost to get to the US? You mean $1000 instead of $100 I assume?