Stefan

Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

Taken from their forthcoming album 'Carnival Days' (Feb 23).

They gonna visit Hungary this month (with Brother Firetribe). Maybe I'll grab my girl and check them out.

Sounds good

I like it... and the singer Hannes Kett reminds me of a young Ted Poley (looks wise)

From Frontiers:

NEW SONG ALERT: We are pleased to announce the release of the sophomore album from Finland’s Shiraz Lane, “Carnival Days” on February 23, 2018.

"Carnival Days is a record we are sincerely proud of and feel like this is a step closer to the core of our spirit as a band. We think this album portrays Shiraz lane in a new light demonstrating musical maturity and growth, while simultaneously redeeming the potential and expectations of our fans as well as ourselves. We entered the album construction process well prepared, and with the help of our producer Per Aldeheim (Def Leppard, Soilwork, Lambretta) we found a perfect working rhythm and style to progress and make our material shine both compositionally and production wise. In addition, we have drawn inspiration from a wider range challenging ourselves to look beyond the conventional boundaries and traditional frameworks of rock music to create a package of high variety with surprising twists and turns and still being able to fabricate a uniform and symbiotic album. Hopefully this spectrum of emotion will be appreciated and cherished dearly by the large audience, as we certainly think it is worthy of." - Shiraz Lane

The first video & single “Harder to Breathe” was released a few weeks back.

An album release show and party will take place in Helsinki at Nosturi on March 3, 2018!

615e_Lf_Oya_L_SS500.jpg

1. Carnival Days
2. The Crown
3. Harder to Breathe
4. Tidal Wave
5. Gotta Be Real
6. People Like Us
7. Shangri-La
8. War of Mine
9. Shot of Life
10. Hope
11. Reincarnation

New video. I like it.

Never really been into these guys but admittedly haven't paid too much attention to them either.

I'm kind of liking these new songs though after giving them a listen.  I'll have to let them sink in a bit.

I've went back and listened to some of their earlier stuff and nothing has really grabbed me.  These new songs sound better to me....mostly just the vocals and production.  I was even wondering if it's the same singer.  Maybe I just haven't followed these guys enough or something.

I'm on the fence...Kind of not sure if I like it or not lol but I find myself being drawn back to it for some reason.  I think I like People Like Us the best so far, followed by Harder To Breathe and then Carnival Days.  I think that Carnival Days song is one I can't decide if I like or not.  I don't care for the beginning but it gets better in the chorus.  It's a unique sounding song though. 

I'll probably wait to hear another song or two before deciding.

While I don't love the band, I really liked some of the songs on their EP and debut album and thought the band had a lot of potential. ''Harder To Breathe'' was a bit of a disappointment cause it mostly showcased elements I didn't like about the band, I will still check out the new song and see how I feel about it as well as the whole album when it's out

The ''socially aware'' and idealistic lyrics were also bit of a put-off to be honest

I've seen their name mentioned before, but I've never heard any of their prior releases.  These songs for their upcoming album all sound pretty good to me.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:55 AM, Mr.AOR said:

I like it... and the singer Hannes Kett reminds me of a young Ted Poley (looks wise)

Sound-wise the singer reminds me a bit of the singer from Bad City.  Maybe it's just because I listened to that album earlier this week lol.  Let's hope he can stay out of jail though ;)

Taking back my comment, listened to bits of ''Harder To Breathe'' on my phone back in October and didn't like it but after a proper listen I must say I like it. Heavy, melodic and with a bit of pop appeal, officially looking forward to the new album! The other two songs are good as well, seems like the band has progressed quite nicely

1 hour ago, simo said:

Taking back my comment, listened to bits of ''Harder To Breathe'' on my phone back in October and didn't like it but after a proper listen I must say I like it. Heavy, melodic and with a bit of pop appeal, officially looking forward to the new album! The other two songs are good as well, seems like the band has progressed quite nicely

Yeah...sounds different than the debut stuff to me.  I've went back today going through their back catalog and really not finding much at all I like.  And the singer sounds way worse to me on the debut.

I don't know if maybe there's more production or more tuning going on...but vocals sound cleaner and songs have more going on with hooks and melodies imo.

Still not sure if I'll be buying this as I'm not generally a big sleaze listener.  But it's on the maybe list and hope there is another song or two before release.

New song. I like it very much.

New song is fantastic to my ears.  Almost a Guns N Roses type intro and then it shifts gears a bit.....good stuff.

Really liking all these new tunes which is a complete surprise to me as I didn't like the first release much at all outside of maybe a song or two.  I like the variety in these new songs and they're just sounding much more interesting. 

Have pre-ordered this one and looking forward to it.

Not bad but something about the vocals still bothers me.

I really love this new song ,It reminds me Mr. Brownstone. The singer reminds Jessie Harte (the guy from Southgang). I really love what they did before. Saw them at Frontiers fest and I really like the show.

3 hours ago, simo said:

Looking forward to this one when I get home tonight, hope it's good!

Got the album and only been through it once so can't say much so far.  It's my #1 album of 2018 so far.....even though it's the only one I've bought :)

Seriously though, I'm loving it after one listen and sounds great to me.  I really find it hard to believe it's the same band as the debut as I didn't like that album at all. 

Really liking this one though even after one listen....big production and much more melodic which makes it more interesting and catchy.  And the singer really sounds much more controlled.  I think they're ticking more boxes in the rock spectrum with this now instead of just being a pure sleaze band like the debut.  There's some AOR elements, melodic hard rock, melodic rock, maybe even a couple poppy moments.  I think I'll be spinning this one a lot.

Another tune from the album...

51 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Got the album and only been through it once so can't say much so far.  It's my #1 album of 2018 so far.....even though it's the only one I've bought :)

Seriously though, I'm loving it after one listen and sounds great to me.  I really find it hard to believe it's the same band as the debut as I didn't like that album at all. 

Really liking this one though even after one listen....big production and much more melodic which makes it more interesting and catchy.  And the singer really sounds much more controlled.  I think they're ticking more boxes in the rock spectrum with this now instead of just being a pure sleaze band like the debut.  There's some AOR elements, melodic hard rock, melodic rock, maybe even a couple poppy moments.  I think I'll be spinning this one a lot.

Another tune from the album...

Man you're really getting my hopes up with your comments, cause that's EXACTLY what I'm expecting from this album after having heard the first few singles. Just 2 more hours till I get to hear it

5 songs in and really liking it, already can tell this one's much better than the debut. And how good is "Gotta Be Real"? Haven't heard something so authentically early 90s sounding in a long time

49 minutes ago, simo said:

5 songs in and really liking it, already can tell this one's much better than the debut. And how good is "Gotta Be Real"? Haven't heard something so authentically early 90s sounding in a long time

Pretty good :)

I like Shangri-la too.  The variety on this album is something that surprised me and makes the album an interesting listen.

Only song that really didn't grab me at first listen was Reincarnation...but it's growing on me.  Its almost reminding me some of Coma from Guns N Roses in a way.

Been listening all afternoon and like this one.  Can see this one getting many more plays. 

These guys haven't done much for me in the past, but that's sounding pretty good. I'll check this one out asap. 

This is sounding good,didnt have much hope before listening because their debut was awful imho,but this,after giving it a chance is a 100% improvement.