Main Site Vs Forum

Darkstone

On 10/9/2017 at 11:05 PM, Darkstone said:

Not really a versus situation as the title implies, but more an observation. I spend a fair bit of time on the main site and i've noticed that the regular comment posters are nowhere to be seen on the forum. Really passionate posters such as rick kerch vzla, 123 charpenay, hair metal again, Doghouse Reilly, dany 69 and dare i say MetalllianStallion, amongst others,  would be welcome additions to the forum. Maybe some are not confident enough with their English, but their comments show that they are more than competent. Hey, if we can understand the incoherent, dementia ridden ramblings of KarpetRydOFunk then i think you guys will be OK

It also goes the other way. I've also noticed that regular forum posters don't tend to post comments on the main site. There are exceptions of course,  The Rocker posts from time to time and Geoff's comments pop up all the time. Actually, it's great to have a familiar name pop up in the comments section and it's been a great help on many occasions,  so thanks for that mate. 

Anyway, as i said, just an observation. BTW. I myself have posted main site comments on three albums.... i think. It was when i first joined and i considered it a sort of "rite of passage".

Theres a lot of ground to cover on the main site, if you could even make a dent in it i'd be fully impressed, I try to add comments in bands who dont have a comment, like if a member sees it they will get self confidence, nobody likes to see their album page without a single comment, on others I used to see if I could get someone to boot me, i'd just post the most disgusting and vulgar shit just to see if anyone ever checks it, I remember on Bernie Labarge I was making fun of non english trying to type english via online translator, anyways I guess it wasnt as clever as I thought or nobody gave a fuck, but it still cracked me up, and thats all that matters.

Sorry I forgot, if anyone reads the Bernie Laforge page, you also have to read his GF Lisa Prices album comments, because that's where I clown on the translation, and make sex comments and also who is Reverend Mayhem?? does anyone know him? he completely comes and talks shit on Lisa Prices comments, fucking funny shit, I had to join him, is he any of you guys?

Edited by Leykis101

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Theres a lot of ground to cover on the main site, if you could even make a dent in it i'd be fully impressed, I try to add comments in bands who dont have a comment, like if a member sees it they will get self confidence, nobody likes to see their album page without a single comment, on others I used to see if I could get someone to boot me, i'd just post the most disgusting and vulgar shit just to see if anyone ever checks it, I remember on Bernie Labarge I was making fun of non english trying to type english via online translator, anyways I guess it wasnt as clever as I thought or nobody gave a fuck, but it still cracked me up, and thats all that matters.

Sorry I forgot, if anyone reads the Bernie Laforge page, you also have to read his GF Lisa Prices album comments, because that's where I clown on the translation, and make sex comments and also who is Reverend Mayhem?? does anyone know him? he completely comes and talks shit on Lisa Prices comments, fucking funny shit, I had to join him, is he any of you guys?

I still post on there every couple of weeks. Unfortunately I just had to bag out your future uncle in law in a recent post.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I still post on there every couple of weeks. Unfortunately I just had to bag out your future uncle in law in a recent post.

The fuck you talking about? you been gettin into uncle chesters cough syrup again:?

• 2023 Gold Donors

The 'Main Site'  is/was and will always be awesome.Alot of blood,sweat and tears have gone into that badboy.From the thankless time consuming addition of endless cds,info,corrections...etc..to the commenters,contributors etc...to the $ it takes to run it all.HH still remains a truly unique site on the net anywhere.Even to this day good luck finding another stand alone-user-friendly realm with all of the indies etc...and comments for them.Musicians,producers etc have all browsed that site reading comments good,bad and ugly about their "art" or lack thereof....some of them have even posted over there over the years.I'll always post over there and donate to the site...whether i'm an active board member or not.I'm sure a lot others feel the same way.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Metal T said:

The 'Main Site'  is/was and will always be awesome.Alot of blood,sweat and tears have gone into that badboy.From the thankless time consuming addition of endless cds,info,corrections...etc..to the commenters,contributors etc...to the $ it takes to run it all.HH still remains a truly unique site on the net anywhere.Even to this day good luck finding another stand alone-user-friendly realm with all of the indies etc...and comments for them.Musicians,producers etc have all browsed that site reading comments good,bad and ugly about their "art" or lack thereof....some of them have even posted over there over the years.I'll always post over there and donate to the site...whether i'm an active board member or not.I'm sure a lot others feel the same way.

Well said.

• Thanks 1