Main Site Vs Forum

Darkstone

5 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I love reading the comments, good or bad. I look at it like a movie critic, I enjoy reading/watching the comments but always check it out for myself.

Yep I guess it always is good to check it out personally and make your own opinion. As Darkstone says, it can help if they mention a comparable band/sound too

4 hours ago, Silverkin said:

Yep I guess it always is good to check it out personally and make your own opinion. As Darkstone says, it can help if they mention a comparable band/sound too

Exactly.

• 1 year later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

It still amazes me how there are essentially two communities on this site. I really wish the main site comments guys would join the forum.  If the Hoff can single handedly unify Germany, then perhaps this clip will help to inspire a unified heavyharmonies. 

Hardly a community here.

Most of the time it seems like a bunch of people trying to one-up others and prove how knowledgeable they are.

Usually when I log on I want to say something to see if there is an echo...

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Hardly a community here.

Most of the time it seems like a bunch of people trying to one-up others and prove how knowledgeable they are.

Usually when I log on I want to say something to see if there is an echo...

This forum?? Who's trying to one-up each other or prove how knowledgeable they are? I can't say I've ever had that particular vibe here whatsoever. :o

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

This forum?? Who's trying to one-up each other or prove how knowledgeable they are? I can't say I've ever had that particular vibe here whatsoever. :o

Same here. I've never felt that way about the forum at all. 

22 hours ago, Glen said:

Quality factual talk ?

thanks man. kind words 

No worries, my good man. "everyone thinks I know nothing lol  ;) which is prob true!!" is definitely Quality Factual Talk. :)

On 11/4/2018 at 7:27 AM, Darkstone said:

If the Hoff can single handedly unify Germany, then perhaps this clip will help to inspire a unified heavyharmonies. 

Lol!!

• 1 year later...
  • My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This is still a question that puzzles me. I would have thought the "Main Site" regular comment posters would be keen to interact with the Forum. 

Isn't it pretty much just three South American dudes? Doesn't seem like much of a community. They might be silent members here.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I was wondering the same thing, but from the other side. The main site is my preference but there is no one on there really, except me and about 6 others.

I was reluctant to join this forum cause I thought it would be a lot of really opinionated expressions and also a lot of drama and the like. Which it kinda is...

Again, here it seems there are about half a dozen dominant posters, but apart from Leykis, no one from here seems to post at the main site. Which is a real pity because a lot of new releases have zero comments on them. 

I found HH from a google search on an obscure band. Thankfully it was an older release and I could read some reviews from fellow genre lovers to help me make up my mind to buy or not. But, nowadays, for any release in the last 5 years, you would be lucky to find any comments at all. It's a shame because when you think about it - if you are writing reviews here on the forum about new releases, they are lost. They will disappear in some old thread.

Even if you just copy and paste your review from here to the main site, it would help save the information for future seekers. Not that there are that many music discussions here, but on the off chance there ever is again...

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

You're all fucked. I still love the main site. I'll waste hours going down a rabbit hole, searching through bands recommended in the reviews. And then I'm tempted to head over to eBay, and start collecting again. It's dangerous. But I love it!

• Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You're all fucked. I still love the main site. I'll waste hours going down a rabbit hole, searching through bands recommended in the reviews. And then I'm tempted to head over to eBay, and start collecting again. It's dangerous. But I love it!

100% agree!

I love being able to cross reference individual artists. I've discovered many gems by doing that.

When I first joined I posted about half a dozen comments as a right of passage, but that's about it.

Having said that, it really annoys me when I see an album page with no comments, but several ratings. If you're gonna take the time to post a rating, then leave a comment ffs.

There's so many great posters on the main site. I'm still not sure why most of them don't participate in the forum.  Again, I realize that I don't participate in the main site either, so I guess it's always gonna be a tale of two sites.

7 hours ago, auslander said:

I was wondering the same thing, but from the other side. The main site is my preference but there is no one on there really, except me and about 6 others.

I was reluctant to join this forum cause I thought it would be a lot of really opinionated expressions and also a lot of drama and the like. Which it kinda is...

Again, here it seems there are about half a dozen dominant posters, but apart from Leykis, no one from here seems to post at the main site. Which is a real pity because a lot of new releases have zero comments on them. 

I found HH from a google search on an obscure band. Thankfully it was an older release and I could read some reviews from fellow genre lovers to help me make up my mind to buy or not. But, nowadays, for any release in the last 5 years, you would be lucky to find any comments at all. It's a shame because when you think about it - if you are writing reviews here on the forum about new releases, they are lost. They will disappear in some old thread.

Even if you just copy and paste your review from here to the main site, it would help save the information for future seekers. Not that there are that many music discussions here, but on the off chance there ever is again...

I would post there but I've forgotten my password . Truth - Dan can you help?? 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I would post there but I've forgotten my password . Truth - Dan can you help?? 

Im the same...tried a few times but to no avail  :(

The main site Rulez. It's one of the best resources on the Web. And I'm fucken determined to keep posting on it. Yes, it makes me poor cause I keep trying to increase my collection. Man I'm pissed I can't find a reasonably priced copy of Princess Pang, among others.

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I've been on the main site actually posting.   I only posted comments about albums I liked and basically stayed mute about those that didn't pull my chain.   I do use the main site as a reference very often when searching for albums I've missed over the years.     As far as the forum is concerned,  I've actually not posted much although I am a regular reader.   The main site is a fantastic collection of music that really isn't available elsewhere except possibly discogs, but what you have are two different formats there.   Within the forum, there is more interaction and exchange of ideas.   I belong to some of the Facebook groups and I notice one outstanding thing......this forum is actually more informative.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stefan said:

:doh:

Ahhhhhh  it's another avenue of exploration.    I have found some killer stuff on there that I did not have in my collection and would not have know about otherwise.       Say a prayer for me Stefan.....

1 minute ago, Delbert said:

Ahhhhhh  it's another avenue of exploration.    I have found some killer stuff on there that I did not have in my collection and would not have know about otherwise.       Say a prayer for me Stefan.....

I'm not in any FB groups and I probably never will be. Waste of space, when you got this excellent forum with excellent members like me B)

• Haha 1