Interesting Youtube videos

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a small bridge like the one above in South Melbourne called the "Montague St. Bridge". It's famous. Trucks have been caught under it for decades. It's a bit of a running joke. Even though ther

You think the first presidential debate was a disaster, well it was heavily edited. Here is the real first debate...    

Yeah, I enjoy the Spooky Rice "Disturbing Breakdown" vids. You're right about voice overs. Probably more important than the production IMO. There's a True Crime channel called "That Chapter"

• 2020 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Ajab said:

Not inspired by Spinal Tap as both were in production at the same time & Bad News came out in 83, Spinal Tap not until 84.

Well there you go.

For some reason I've always thought that Spinal Tap was a lot earlier. 

or a lot better

21 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Another "Parody" band, this time from the UK.

In the mid 80s, "Bad News" released an album and they were definitely influenced by "Spinal Tap".

They weren't just nobodies. As with Spinal Tap's legendary pedigree, the band consisted of British comedy royalty including three members of "The Young Ones", a classic 80s TV comedy. Aussies, Brits and Canadians should be familiar with it, but not so much Americans.

It's a bit too much TBH. Not as subtle as Spinal Tap.

That would be hilarious had they pretended to be Americans, like McKeon, Guest and Shearer pretended to be Brits.

• 2020 Gold Donors

This is a "make me happy" video. 

I don't know why it moves me so much. I know it sounds corny, but I think it's just the joy and happiness on display (no homo).

I love this one.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Teller speaks!

I'm sure we're all aware of Penn & Teller, but how many of you have heard Teller?

The funny thing is that he actually has quite a deep and silky voice. He could have been a professional voice over guy or radio DJ, no worries.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Here's an interesting one. I've always loved "Heart", particularly "Magic Man" and "Barracuda". 

I didn't realize the "Barracuda" riff was a rip off.

I've posted "Magic Man" as a treat.

I really love that track. Very, very cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Bear in mind, the iguana is a hatchling. Been on this Planet for about a minute.

What a wonderful World we live in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

A great clip from "Smokey and the Bandit". 

This movie and the sequel were very high on my VHS rotation back in the day. 

Sally Field was as hot as FUCK! in the late 70s.

I remember that around this time, "Truckers", or as we call them down here, "Truckies", were very prominent in popular culture (it's interesting also that Americans say "Biker", but Aussies say "Bikie"). C.B. Radios were all the rage and the movie and single from it, "Convoy" by C.W. McCall were huge hits.