Interesting Youtube videos

• 2020 Gold Donors

This one popped up in my recommendations and I had to check it out based on how wierd the kid looks. I was then treated to a guitar masterclass by one of the most naturally gifted guitarists I've ever seen. He makes it look so easy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a small bridge like the one above in South Melbourne called the "Montague St. Bridge". It's famous. Trucks have been caught under it for decades. It's a bit of a running joke. Even though ther

You think the first presidential debate was a disaster, well it was heavily edited. Here is the real first debate...    

Yeah, I enjoy the Spooky Rice "Disturbing Breakdown" vids. You're right about voice overs. Probably more important than the production IMO. There's a True Crime channel called "That Chapter"

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This one popped up in my recommendations and I had to check it out based on how wierd the kid looks. I was then treated to a guitar masterclass by one of the most naturally gifted guitarists I've ever seen. He makes it look so easy.

Is this twelve-year-old Glenn Hughes??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

I love Boston's "More Than a Feeling", as I'm sure we all do.

I was never aware of it's origins. Not a bad effort.

• 1 month later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, PeterS said:

Almost endless entertainment. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/yovo68/videos

There's a small bridge like the one above in South Melbourne called the "Montague St. Bridge". It's famous. Trucks have been caught under it for decades. It's a bit of a running joke. Even though there is a ridiculous amount of signage and a height measuring gantry on both sides well before the bridge, it still happens.

• Like 1
  • 2020 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, Stefan said:

These are hilarious and great. From Bad Lip Reading.

Weird, weird shit, but it made me laugh. So many talented people have so much time on their hands.

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Weird, weird shit, but it made me laugh. So many talented people have so much time on their hands.

More stuff from the same people. These are brilliant!

• 2020 Gold Donors

A non musical one, but very fascinating. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Derren Brown, but he's a very talented British Hypnotist/Mentalist/Magician/Wizard.

Back around 2008 he had a series. This is one episode that i've always remembered, although the other episodes were just as memorable. I might post them down the track. 

The video goes for 45 minutes, but if you have the time it's well worth watching. 

I've been tempted to try it myself. It's not really that difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

I've posted a couple of official "SNL" vidoes before and they've been unavailable to US members. Sorry, if that's still the case, but for everyone else... enjoy.

I've binged on these for the past couple weeks as they are brilliant, both musically and just darned funny to boot. Do yourself a favor and get into Gwarsenio Hall and Two Minutes To Late Night.

• 2020 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, martinsane said:

I've binged on these for the past couple weeks as they are brilliant, both musically and just darned funny to boot. Do yourself a favor and get into Gwarsenio Hall and Two Minutes To Late Night.

Good stuff. 

I could do without the Cookie Monster appearance on the Steely Dan track however.

It sounded great until then.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Darkstone said:

Good stuff. 

I could do without the Cookie Monster appearance on the Steely Dan track however.

It sounded great until then.

The cookie monster stuff isn't my bag either and I am glad he doesn't do it nearly as often as you might think with his corpse paint persona.

That Rush cover is ridiculous an who knew that that Coheed & Cambria guy could pull off Geddy so well.

This is a fave as well and well the singer is a babe and as mentioned in another thread, option 2 of her t-shirt certainly sounds appealing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

The "Titanic", an insurance job? 

I love a good (plausible) conspiracy theory. This is a 50 min watch, but very fascinating. 

Edited by Darkstone

other then hodge twins, here are a few of the YT channels I do most of my time on.

So I'm not easily won over, generally most of the YouTubers who do killer work, dont go the extra mile and invest in someone to do their VO(like me) and a great production is brought down in flames by a pussy wimpy or just irritating VO, I'm not talking about Chills, Nexpo is a channel I stumbled onto, the guy is A+, and he has a soothing unannoying voice.

Spooky Rice is a brotha who revies some disturbing movies, the best kind, if you dont care he talks black, and you like fucked up movies, he really searches deep for graphic and horrifying movies.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Yeah, I enjoy the Spooky Rice "Disturbing Breakdown" vids.

You're right about voice overs. Probably more important than the production IMO.

There's a True Crime channel called "That Chapter" that's pretty good. The presenter is Irish, but he delivers it well.

Whenever I start to get fooled into thinking that people and this world aren't too bad after all, I'll watch one of those clips to bring me back to reality. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I enjoy the Spooky Rice "Disturbing Breakdown" vids.

You're right about voice overs. Probably more important than the production IMO.

There's a True Crime channel called "That Chapter" that's pretty good. The presenter is Irish, but he delivers it well.

Whenever I start to get fooled into thinking that people and this world aren't too bad after all, I'll watch one of those clips to bring me back to reality. 

I feel the exact same way about the Kardashaians,

• 2020 Gold Donors

I'm sure most of you have seen "This is Spinal Tap". If you haven't, then I would highly suggest you do so immediately. 

The original "Steel Panther".

The second clip is possibly one of the funniest music related clips ever!

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Another "Parody" band, this time from the UK.

In the mid 80s, "Bad News" released an album and they were definitely influenced by "Spinal Tap".

They weren't just nobodies. As with Spinal Tap's legendary pedigree, the band consisted of British comedy royalty including three members of "The Young Ones", a classic 80s TV comedy. Aussies, Brits and Canadians should be familiar with it, but not so much Americans.

It's a bit too much TBH. Not as subtle as Spinal Tap.