Wildness - s/t

Stefan

This deserves an own thread. Debut album out November 24th through AOR Heaven.

Press release:

The idea behind WILDNESS began to grow in the summer of 2013 when the first songs were written. With main focus on heavy guitars, wide keyboards, big drums, melodies and hooks the shape of something new and exciting began to emerge. At this point, Wildness was more of a studio project and originally founded by drummer and songwriter Erik Modin while the guitar players Pontus Sköld and Adam Holmström were in to share the lead guitar parts early on. The search for the right lead singer wasn’t easy as pie, but after a few months their destiny crossed with the unbelivable vocal talent Gabriel Lindmark in early 2014. More songwritings and demos recording came along, and it didn’t take long until it was clear that WILDNESS deserved to be a real band. On September 1st 2015, WILDNESS independently released their self-produced debut single ”Collide” which immediately gained a lot of spins at various digital platforms such as a number of online radio stations focused on AOR and Melodic Rock. Live performances that followed showed that the band was capable to deliver on stage as well.
The second single ”Turning The Pages” was released on January 14th 2016, and shortly after that WILDNESS was approached by Georg Siegl by German record label AOR Heaven. The contact resulted in a record deal which allowed the band to finally begin the launch of their first full-length album. The choice for the producer fell on the creative and productive mastermind Erik Wigelius (Wigelius, Care Of Night) and the pre-production and recordings took place between during 2016 and 2017. The main part of the record was recorded at Erik Wigelius’ studio, besides additional parts recorded by drummer and co-producer Erik Modin. The two previous singles ”Collide” and ”Turning The Pages” were re-recorded for the album. The mixing and mastering was handled by Erik Wigelius, who really knows how to take the 80’s-influenced sounds at put them in the 21th century! Despite their short career, WILDNESS have already shared stages with well established acts in the scene like WHITE WIDDOW and DYNAZTY.

FB

13173755_1117088608347369_57163073539357

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had my eye on this one....Still on the fence.

Have heard a couple other samples and my biggest hold up at the moment is the vocals.  I don't know what it is exactly....Little accented or hard to understand on some of the songs I've heard.  The music sounds really good though and it's right in my wheelhouse taste-wise.

Just have to see if the vocals grow on me with repeated listens.

Bought the 2 songs off of itunes last year, we'll see if the rest are good.

http://original.livestream.com/aiiradionet/video?clipId=pla_8efd4722-4c14-4a2b-96c3-818d6765455c

Link to above podcast played 3 Wildness songs.  

War Inside My Head played right at the start of the podcast.  Then go to the 2:22 mark for Down In The City followed by Welcome The Night.

Digging what I've heard....These songs combined with others we're heard like Alibi, Collide and Turning The Pages are adding up to a solid release IMO and now I'm getting excited about this one.

Midnite City followed by this release will make for a nice ending to this fantastic year.

• 2 weeks later...

When is this actually released? I'd read November but when I ordered Code Red & Midnite City direct from AORHeaven,still have not arrived :( Georg said it was out next year,maybe he meant next month and it was a typo?

31 minutes ago, lettard said:

When is this actually released? I'd read November but when I ordered Code Red & Midnite City direct from AORHeaven,still have not arrived :( Georg said it was out next year,maybe he meant next month and it was a typo?

From FB:

Product: Wildness - Wildness
Release date: 24.11.2017
Label: AOR Heaven
PR contact: info@germusica.com

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, Stefan said:

From FB:

Product: Wildness - Wildness
Release date: 24.11.2017
Label: AOR Heaven
PR contact: info@germusica.com

Yeah it says that date at the bottom of their new newsletter on the AORHeaven site,thanx Stefan :drink:

2 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Nice...

Really good.

Have heard a handful of songs from this album and one thing that sort of has stuck out to me is that this has more "balls" than I was expecting.  For some reason, I think my initial impression of these guys was that they were going to be more AOR-Lite-ish.....And that's clearly not the case.  

Fully expecting a great release with this one.

6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Really good.

Have heard a handful of songs from this album and one thing that sort of has stuck out to me is that this has more "balls" than I was expecting.  For some reason, I think my initial impression of these guys was that they were going to be more AOR-Lite-ish.....And that's clearly not the case.  

Fully expecting a great release with this one.

Nice!  Art Nation debut style.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

I've seen order links are up for this album at AOR Heaven now.

Hoping they ship a little early like they did with Midnite City.  I had that album in my hands about a week ahead of the official release date.

Yeah ordered mine today along with Romeo Riot should be with me soon as Georg said they'd be posted today :)