Sign in to follow this  
First Night

First Night

Not bad? I'd call it rather excellent.

So what's the story here? Is this just a single? Is there an album? Released, or coming? Would love some more info.

Just says the band are from Estonia and formed in 2016.

Song is pretty good.

Has nice, a bit mystical mood with great synth sounds. Decent chorus also. Vocalist could utilize more power (maybe in the chorus?) to make the song more dynamic, but that's a minor complaint as the composition itself works fine.

Info from FB:

First Night was formed in summer 2016,after Reneck Sweet decided to put together a new band.Old friends Mikk Tivas ,Kristjan Aasamäe,who were In the band called Rising Sun,we're happy with material which Reneck had written and joined the forces
Idea was to make a AOR/Hard Rock band,the genre that everyone loved.
Reneck says:"i used to be a lead singer in the Rising Sun when we started the band in 2007.Shortly after i left to explore the world and Mikk took over the lead vocals.I returned to Estonia in 2016 and started writing new material,i've been writing songs since i was about 16
After seeing many AOR/Hard rock bands over the years i decided that's exactly what i want to do also.
All the songs i have written with my acoustic guitar,then Mikk is adding ideas and producing everything himself like he did in Rising Sun
Our first single "Dangerous" is out now and will be followed by "Out of the fire" etc.
There are only few people who are listening this kind of music in Estonia but our intetion is to promote ourselves outside the home country.
At the moment i have written about 20 songs for First Night and from this lot we will choose our favourites".

First Night:

Reneck Sweet (vocals)
Mikk Tivas (Lead guitar,backing vocals,mixing)
Kristjan Aasamäe (Drums,backing vocals)

I like it. If any thing, maybe a little beefier sound?

Really liking this :)

Not bad.  I like the second song a little more than the first.  

Will have to keep an eye on these guys.  

That one is really, really nice. Definitely something to anticipate. 

Another winner for me,sounding a bit like Stage Dolls meets a less Raw De La Cruz...nice

Kinda reminds me of Magic Dance. 80's pop/rock vibe, all-the-same songs, drum machine, etc. But good stuff. Nothing outstanding but good stuff. :)

From FB:

We have good news for those,who are still with us!
This month we will release 2 more songs.
Also we do our best to release our first album this summer.

This is one of them.

Like that once again,a little stage dolls in sound to my ears,will look forward to an album if it does see the light of day,decent stuff so far :)

All 5 songs are decent but way too safe imo. kind of album I'd play once and then shelve 

Another new song. Good stuff.

I dig the music... the layered guitars and harmonized backing vocals are great... but I'm not in love with the lead vox.  Call me an unforgiving American (I can live with that), but other than some of my favorite British bands (Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, etc.), I wish all lead singers sounded like they were from Santa Monica.

Another nice tune :)

9 hours ago, gener8tr said:

I dig the music... the layered guitars and harmonized backing vocals are great... but I'm not in love with the lead vox.  Call me an unforgiving American (I can live with that), but other than some of my favorite British bands (Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, etc.), I wish all lead singers sounded like they were from Santa Monica.

heh heh all singers should have German or Scandinavian accents :)

New song. Definitely some vintage Def Leppard vibes.