First Night

First Night

So is an album still actually going to happen, or is this flurry of songs on youtube the best we'll get? That's delicious again. Love it. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/1/2018 at 3:14 PM, Geoff said:

So is an album still actually going to happen, or is this flurry of songs on youtube the best we'll get? That's delicious again. Love it. 

From FB back in May:

Hi All!
This time we have a little heartbreaker for you called "I'm loving you"
It's our 7th song,
i'm very tempted to put out few other's but i want there to be some surprises for the album but who knows maybe we will throw one more out in near future.
We still have a lot of work to do,as we are working on our own and we are on and off 3 member band at the moment,
but i can tell you there will be 12-13 songs on the album and i have songs to fill up quarter of the next album.
I can't wait for the album myself and i know there will be no fillers.
Depends on taste,but these days for me is hard to find a decent album which has more than 2-3 very good tracks,so i have to stick with the old school AOR mostly.Still some stuff to discover though.

This track,like all the others is mixed and mastered by our very good lead guitarist Mick T
and i can be blamed for the lyrics & music as usual.

And again big THANK YOU for listening etc.We will work harder to get further and i hope the future will look bright for us
Cheers!
Reneck S

If he releases another track then that'll be 8 from a potential 12 or 13 tracks already available! You'd think it would make more sense to just finish up the album and release and as he's stated he already has several written for the follow up!

• 5 months later...

45561811_1895818580726060_65086400364585

From FB:

Greetings from Tallinn!
Today i had a very first listen of all the tunes which will be on our debut album and
i have to say i’m very pleased with the result
and i can’t wait to share this with you.

Past weeks we have been updating our sound,
working on demos-All the demos which are currently 
on Utube,have now better sound etc,but we won’t take
the old ones down and swap them around.

As you probably noticed we also updated our logo and
cover photo-which also will be our album cover photo.
Songs on the album, probably in the same order are:

1.Intro
2.First night
3.Breaking my heart
4.Let me show my love to you
5.Stop dragging me around
6.Dangerous
7.Can’t keep losing
8.That ain’t love
9.Night is calling me
10.Going down
11.Love is on the run
12.Out of the fire
13.I’m loving you
14.Endless night

More updates coming soon!
Happy Holidays!

• 5 weeks later...

Very good,but Ive already heard most of these...just want the actual cd to land and I'll be a very happy bunny,but any progress as a band is progress I suppose so I hope that through this they find others that never knew they existed and gain more admirers

• 2 weeks later...

Full album available for download only (atm) from spotify & itunes etc...

Although they do say that the cd is currently being printed  :)

https://www.facebook.com/FirstNightEst/

Edited by lettard

I went on ahead and got it from itunes...sounds brilliant thus far,the songs have been well cleaned up by the sounds of them as compared to the youtube uploads found in this thread  :)

Stage Dolls meets Def Leppard meets early Dare etc to my ears  :)

Edited by lettard

12 hours ago, lettard said:

I went on ahead and got it from itunes...sounds brilliant thus far,the songs have been well cleaned up by the sounds of them as compared to the youtube uploads found in this thread  :)

Stage Dolls meets Def Leppard meets early Dare etc to my ears  :)

Sounds delicious. Must check out asap. 

Gave this a good listen to today,its very nice,maybe a bit repetitive but alas still very nice,sound wise fine for being a self produced album,my only qualm  is length wise I would have preferred 3 or 4  less "nice" songs and 10 or 11 very good songs,when you give it a listen you'll know what I mean about that...maybe? still a "nice" addition anywho.

I've been waiting for this one for quite a long time.   Have been following the band on Facebook and now we are extremely close to actually holding a physical CD in our hands.   According to the band, the CD is in pressing right now and will be available shortly.

For me, It's hard to find good melodic rock (definitely radio ready sound) of this quality. I love the tasty keys and just the right level of guitar in the mix. This band reminds me so much of the Finnish band PRAYER with its vocals....hey, this singer has a quality that is unique and with the excellent harmonies, works to his advantage. Classy pure melodic rock with some definite pomp elements. Luv the use of keys here as well...... Similar in sound to PRAYER, GREENHOUZE, HOUSE OF MIRRORS and at times, BROTHER FIRETRIBE. 

I know some of you don't care for this vocalist, but let's also realize, the uniqueness in the sound of his delivery.....I think that is what really drew me to the PRAYER releases from Finland.    Like it or not, this is a pleasant and refreshing effort IMO!

They're already working on their follow-up.

From FB:

Although our first Cd haven't seen the light of day yet (hopefully next week the printer will give birth)
We are hitting the studio to record second night.Songs for the album have been written and i'm sure if you liked the first one,you will be happy with second one also.
I'll keep you updated!
Have a great weekend guys!

Here's a heads up for those of you into CD collecting....the Estonian Band FIRST NIGHT has their new 14 track CD almost ready to be shipped and they are now accepting pre orders with PAYPAL to firstnightaor@gmail.com .........The CD costs 16 Euro which includes postage and I personally believe this is going to be hard to get in the near future since it is available only from the band at this moment. They sound very much in the vein of the Finnish band PRAYER with elements of LEVERAGE and BROTHER FIRETRIBE....... you can hear samples of all the tracks on CD baby at this link FIRST NIGHT CD  sound samples   14 tracks

2 hours ago, Delbert said:

Here's a heads up for those of you into CD collecting....the Estonian Band FIRST NIGHT has their new 14 track CD almost ready to be shipped and they are now accepting pre orders with PAYPAL to firstnightaor@gmail.com .........The CD costs 16 Euro which includes postage and I personally believe this is going to be hard to get in the near future since it is available only from the band at this moment. They sound very much in the vein of the Finnish band PRAYER with elements of LEVERAGE and BROTHER FIRETRIBE....... you can hear samples of all the tracks on CD baby at this link FIRST NIGHT CD  sound samples   14 tracks

Thanx for the heads up Delbert,I've just ordered  :)

Edited by lettard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I got mine in the mail the other day.  It's a grower for me.  I'm not a huge fan of the lead vocals.  I wish they had someone who had more range.  Some of the songs seem to safe.  Musically, I love this stuff.  It's just a vocal thing for me.  It is growing on me more and more with each spin though.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, headbanger4life said:

I got mine in the mail the other day.  It's a grower for me.  I'm not a huge fan of the lead vocals.  I wish they had someone who had more range.  Some of the songs seem to safe.  Musically, I love this stuff.  It's just a vocal thing for me.  It is growing on me more and more with each spin though.

Super, super safe album. But there's some nice stuff on it. The opener and title track actually has one of my favourite hooks of 2019. So good. After that, though, it's all pretty safe and at times a tad repetitive with hooks that stay where they are without expansion.

But it's nice - just not amazing.