Santa Cruz - Bad Blood Rising

All Nights Reserved

Like that one very much,wasnt keen on River Phoenix,it was ok just as pointed out earlier by Crazysam it isn't the return to Screaming For Adrenaline that I loved,still on my list of future purchases though :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, simo said:

I think this is coming out next Friday but I'm not sure. Couldn't find info on digital releases only physical so far. I've ordered it from this Finnish website where it says October 6, you guys think they'll ship it that day?

Mine is slated at a November 10th release on cd from amazon uk

On ‎29‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 12:35 PM, lettard said:

Mine is slated at a November 10th release on cd from amazon uk

I just checked and all sources have the October date listed for release. Both iTunes and Amazon (UK, Germany and .com) say MP3s will be available October 6. Not sure why there is a November date, maybe that's for physical CDs only (or Spotify).

2 hours ago, simo said:

I just checked and all sources have the October date listed for release. Both iTunes and Amazon (UK, Germany and .com) say MP3s will be available October 6. Not sure why there is a November date, maybe that's for physical CDs only (or Spotify).

Must be the physical cd simo,amazon still telling me my preorder will be out nov 10th :(

I like both styles but it's cool to see old footage again after a few years. I had forgotten how cool these were, great energy and attitude

BTW how can I embed videos does anyone know?? I had just figured it out on the old site and started using it then the site changed now it doesn't work anymore...

Listened to River Phoenix again and starting to like it, it's got that pop appeal which could make it a grower. Liking both songs released so far but not a fan of some of the new songs I've heard in the live videos. Let's see how they sound on record, 2 more days.....

9 hours ago, simo said:

Listened to River Phoenix again and starting to like it, it's got that pop appeal which could make it a grower. Liking both songs released so far but not a fan of some of the new songs I've heard in the live videos. Let's see how they sound on record, 2 more days.....

Kinda same here. Drag Me Out of the Darkness and Bad Habits Die Hard sounded bad to me. I'm afraid the new album won't be at the same level like the previous ones...

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, simo said:

1 hour ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Kinda same here. Drag Me Out of the Darkness and Bad Habits Die Hard sounded bad to me. I'm afraid the new album won't be at the same level like the previous ones...

Fuck. 

First spin through and I like it, sure beats the new H.E.A.T. :D 

I'm sure a lot of people will scratch their heads over ''Breathe'', there's whistling, acoustic guitars, fretless bass, violins.....

Surprising favorite for me: Voice of the New Generation, bang bang tonight motherfucker..... :wtf: hahahahahaha

42 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Is it comparable to the last disc ? I still love that last one

This one is a lot more diverse, not sure you'll like everything though. Some modern elements as well, and when I say modern I don't mean modern heavy music but modern pop or radio music...

It's difficult to describe, a lot of songs have different styles and elements they incorporate. There are songs that in 3 and a half minutes offer heavy / thrash riffs and at the same time groovy parts that almost sound like nu-metal, like P.O.D. for example

Songs where they use piano, female backing vocals even, one features a choir singing ''sha na na na na na na na na'', very ambitious in some places. Very eclectic record and some stuff I could do without but I like a lot of it so far and the band can be proud of this album I think

26 minutes ago, simo said:

This one is a lot more diverse, not sure you'll like everything though. Some modern elements as well, and when I say modern I don't mean modern heavy music but modern pop or radio music...

It's difficult to describe, a lot of songs have different styles and elements they incorporate. There are songs that in 3 and a half minutes offer heavy / thrash riffs and at the same time groovy parts that almost sound like nu-metal, like P.O.D. for example

Songs where they use piano, female backing vocals even, one features a choir singing ''sha na na na na na na na na'', very ambitious in some places. Very eclectic record and some stuff I could do without but I like a lot of it so far and the band can be proud of this album I think

That does sound a little worrying but also intriguing , I'll try and approach it with an open mind , not that it bothers me in the slightest but is it loaded with f bombs like the last one ?

is it available for everyone to buy as a download now then , or do you have to have preordered the disc ?

2 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

That does sound a little worrying but also intriguing , I'll try and approach it with an open mind , not that it bothers me in the slightest but is it loaded with f bombs like the last one ?

is it available for everyone to buy as a download now then , or do you have to have preordered the disc ?

Not as many F bombs but still a few, funny cause Amazon (where I got it from as MP3s) only lists one song as being ''explicit'' (the one with ''Fuckin'' in the title) but there's at least 3 or 4 other songs with cursing :D actually the one thing that made me go WTF the most wasn't the cursing but this line in one song: ''Fuck Donald Trump give me Bernie Sanders'' .......... hmm, ok..................

It's available digitally on Amazon and iTunes starting today, haven't seen a single source having a different release date (i.e. November) so should be available in Europe, the US and Japan.

BTW the Japanese bonus track is a cover of No Doubt's ''Hella Good'' I've heard a 30 sec clip of it. Not sure if or when the album will be available on Spotify, maybe someone who has an account can check?

The album is available on Apple Music as I'm listening to it now. First two tracks down (the singles)

Apple Music has 11 tracks ending with River Phoenix, Pt. 2 so no bonus track

Edit: just finished the album. Good overall. Some stand outs but I'm not sure if I'll ever listen to it again

Yeah it's an eclectic album with a more modern (more pop) style. Overall I think it's still a good one but definitely it's my least favourite SC album for sure. It's available on Spotify with the 11 track version.  

10 hours ago, simo said:

Not as many F bombs but still a few, funny cause Amazon (where I got it from as MP3s) only lists one song as being ''explicit'' (the one with ''Fuckin'' in the title) but there's at least 3 or 4 other songs with cursing :D actually the one thing that made me go WTF the most wasn't the cursing but this line in one song: ''Fuck Donald Trump give me Bernie Sanders'' .......... hmm, ok..................

It's available digitally on Amazon and iTunes starting today, haven't seen a single source having a different release date (i.e. November) so should be available in Europe, the US and Japan.

BTW the Japanese bonus track is a cover of No Doubt's ''Hella Good'' I've heard a 30 sec clip of it. Not sure if or when the album will be available on Spotify, maybe someone who has an account can check?

Thanks mate , i bought it earlier tonight and have given it several listens , i was sceptical going into it based on the comments but i motherfuckin love it !

Your right in that its very different from the last disc and i think i probably still prefer that but this new one really is great , ridiculously catchy stuff

Early favourites would be fire running in our veins, back from the dead and bad habits die hard , really looking forward to more listens

Oh and i love that donald trump line ?

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I'm gonna listen this morning. I'm interested to hear this now! 

My early verdict :

Phenomenal guitar solos......just wish they'd been incorporated into better songs.

Might be a grower but there are a few skippable songs though which is a shame cos as much as I tease about this band I do think they have a world beating album in them 

Also - '23 but I've lived a lifetime'

Err no you haven't or you'd have grown up and stop calling everyone a mutha ticket in your songs.

Jerk 

Having said that the song has probably the best guitar solo this year. 

28 minutes ago, Glen said:

My early verdict :

Phenomenal guitar solos......just wish they'd been incorporated into better songs.

Might be a grower but there are a few skippable songs though which is a shame cos as much as I tease about this band I do think they have a world beating album in them 

Its definitely grown on me with repeated spins

Out of interest what songs are skips for you ?