Santa Cruz - Bad Blood Rising

All Nights Reserved

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this one. Not as good as the last album, but great none the less.

Have to say, biggest surprise is how much I love the No Doubt cover (Hella Good), which is the Jap bonus track.

It wont be to everyones taste, but I do love a good rocked up version of a more pop orientated song.

I think this band has accomplished a first in that for me, the best two songs on the album have the same title. Surely a first. The two versions of 'River Phoenix' are easily my favourite songs... so good. Elsewhere, I like the opener. Of the rest, it's a mixed bunch but the only song I'd skip is the 'Pure motherfuckin' adrenaline' one, which is a bit of a throwaway to me. The rest all have their place. I even really like the whistling one. 

I also think it's quite a bit weaker than their last album, but these guys are pretty big cut above many current bands, so even their second tier is a lot better than most. An album I definitely anticipate putting on my stereo. 

On 07/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, Glen said:

My early verdict :

Phenomenal guitar solos......just wish they'd been incorporated into better songs.

Might be a grower but there are a few skippable songs though which is a shame cos as much as I tease about this band I do think they have a world beating album in them 

it hasn't grown on me. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's only been about a month but the songs haven't ''held up'' well.... they're still good but the novelty wore off quickly. The opener ''Young Blood Rising'' is still amazing and another favorite is ''Back From The Dead'' I just love the riff and the solos are good as well, they're not just fast but also have a sort of bluesy quality to them which I like

I still skip the 4 songs I don't like (Breathe, Adrenaline, River Phoenix 2 and Habits Die Hard)

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2017 at 5:54 PM, jondavis said:

So does the album come in a Jewel Case for the U.S. version on Amazon?

I know the Japan version has a jewel case and an extra song.

Trying to decide which version to get.

I'd say the US version is probably a jewel case.  I just looked on NEH's web site which usually lists the packaging and it's saying jewel case.

http://nehrecords.com/Shop/SantaBad.htm#MTYA172

I'm always paying attention to the jewel case thing as I absolutely despise digipaks.  There have been quite a few Cd's I've avoided buying solely because they're digipaks.  And when I do cave in and buy them, I usually end up making my own jewel cases out of the digipaks by cutting them up or making totally new inserts myself.

I suppose a digipak CD is better than no CD at all.  But I really hate that packaging as they always just end up getting all bent and marked up.  And it seems like most times there aren't even booklets with them.....Although sometimes there is.

Okay....Sorry for the rant lol.  

13 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

While not a bad song, I think there are tracks more deserving of a lyric or music video and the extra exposure on the album: Back from the dead / Voice of the new generation / Get me out of California

At least they didn't choose Breathe (yet) :D

I'd say the US version is probably a jewel case.  I just looked on NEH's web site which usually lists the packaging and it's saying jewel case.

http://nehrecords.com/Shop/SantaBad.htm#MTYA172

I'm always paying attention to the jewel case thing as I absolutely despise digipaks.  There have been quite a few Cd's I've avoided buying solely because they're digipaks.  And when I do cave in and buy them, I usually end up making my own jewel cases out of the digipaks by cutting them up or making totally new inserts myself.

I suppose a digipak CD is better than no CD at all.  But I really hate that packaging as they always just end up getting all bent and marked up.  And it seems like most times there aren't even booklets with them.....Although sometimes there is.

Okay....Sorry for the rant lol.  

I with ya, I hate digipaks, I ended up buying the Japan version and am glad I did, that extra song does add to the album.