Burn - Ice Age

Stefan

From FB:

Burn, the UK rock band, is back!!

Away from the music scene for nearly 10 years since the release of the critically and commercially well received third album, Global Warning, another slab of British hard rock is on the way.

We are proud to announce that Burn's fourth album, Ice Age, will be unleashed on the planet in November 2017. It will be available in CD format and on all digital platforms.

We have taken 5 years to create this album, and it is something of which we are incredibly proud. We hope and believe that the thousands of people who enjoyed Global Warning will find plenty to enjoy in this new release. The album was produced by Barney Stackhouse and mixed by the Grammy award winning Tobias Lindell.

We are also very proud to announce our new line-up. Although we have lost some great guys along the way, namely Jeff Ogden, Julian Nicholas (although he is still featured on one track on the new album) and Benji Reid, we are extremely lucky to have replaced them with a couple of outstanding new members.

On lead vocals we welcome Steve Newman. Steve is well known in the rock community through his numerous solo albums and other projects. Steve was our first choice to lead the line up, as we view him as possessing one of the very best voices in rock. Burn is the first band that Steve has committed himself to for many years. We are honoured to have him on board and fronting the band.

Our other new member is the ridiculously talented Chris Green who brings his incendiary lead guitar skills to the band. Chris is a current member of Tyketto and hard rock fans will remember him from Furyon, Rubicon Cross and Pride, along with various other projects. We really couldn't think of another guitarist on the planet, who could have done a better job on the new material, than Chris.

So, here we go. This is a new era for Burn and we are really looking forward to sharing our new stuff with everyone. We can't wait to get it out there. Further updates will follow.

Edited by Stefan

Oh cool. I've enjoyed their stuff to varying degrees so far... enough to give this one a fair go.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RockinSockinRobots said:

Anyone have any idea where to get their first two releases?  Been looking all over..

Their So Far So Bad cd is available at a decent price from ebay,amazon & musicstack,the Spark To A Flame cd is more expensive but still available at ebay,discogs & musicstack, hope this helps.

I thought Global Warning, from 2007, was the band's best release and I was looking forward to hearing this one, especially with Andrew & MRR involved.  These new tracks come across as a heavier Newman album, with Steve's unique voice.  That isn't a bad thing, but Burn seems to have lost some of it's identity with the lineup changes.  

These guys are a good band and they write well written and played songs... I can't fault the album... but that said, I just don't overly dig it either. Nothing really reaches out and fondles my testicles. It's all good quality stuff, but for me it's probably the album from them I like least so far - but don't get me wrong. I'm not even saying it is their worst. Just for me personally, I am not compelled by it. But they're a good band. And it's a good album. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Burn are back (again!) but with another new line-up and now a longer version of their name...

They are now called The Global Burn Theory and their new frontman is George Stackhouse (Out Of Time, Hades Game, The Curators).

Good voice!

New single, "Wan Chai Hunting Girl" here:

• Like 1