3. Solid Gold [Explicit]
4. Southern Trains [Explicit]
5. Why Don't the Beautiful Cry?
6. Japanese Prisoner of Love [Explicit]
7. Lay Down with Me, Barbara
8. I Wish I Was in Heaven
9. Happiness
10. Stampede of Love

Every Darkness album has 3-4 great tunes and the rest being meh!

This single sounds ok but they've done better.

Those song titles seem a bit too goofy for my liking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Err no it isn't.

Those vocals are an abomination

Agree 100%

Bring back the Stone Gods and ditch the vocal bitch.

What he said ...

What are you all on about? How are these vocals any different from what The Darkness has always been??

I've always hated the vocals ... the music is great, but then Justin opens his mouth ... I much prefer Stone Gods.

Yeah, but... complaining that the vocals on a new Darkness album are still the same vocals as on previous albums, as if you somewhow expected them to change, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Just sayin'...

Yeah, but... complaining that the vocals on a new Darkness album are still the same vocals as on previous albums, as if you somewhow expected them to change, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Just sayin'...

We know this but we can't help ourselves! :crazy:

And for the record, I don't mind his vocals when he uses them properly. He's just all over the place with it sometimes and it just ruins an otherwise decent tune. Just my opinion of course.

And for the record, I don't mind his vocals when he uses them properly. He's just all over the place with it sometimes and it just ruins an otherwise decent tune. Just my opinion of course.

Yep spot on. Quite often his vocals are fine. I actually really like the debut.

On this song his vocals are shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The album actually has the fewest fillers on a Darkness release, but also doesn't have that 1 or 2 kick ass song like previous efforts. The production is ace and the musicians are at their best.  Rufus Taylor....Queen's Roger Taylor's son sounds great on drums and gives the band a fuller sound. The variety of songs are immense but other than 1 or 2 duds the rest is 'pretty solid'....an intended pun on two of the released tracks.

If you don't like The Darkness then there is nothing for you here. All I will say is, it isn't all bad on here

On ‎07‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 7:59 PM, zacharyamelie said:

The album actually has the fewest fillers on a Darkness release, but also doesn't have that 1 or 2 kick ass song like previous efforts. The production is ace and the musicians are at their best.  Rufus Taylor....Queen's Roger Taylor's son sounds great on drums and gives the band a fuller sound. The variety of songs are immense but other than 1 or 2 duds the rest is 'pretty solid'....an intended pun on two of the released tracks.

Had chosen to ignore this release but will check it out now as I liked at least a few songs on every album

Their weakest in my opinion so far was Hot Cakes

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 7:15 AM, Glen said:

Yep spot on. Quite often his vocals are fine. I actually really like the debut.

On this song his vocals are shit.

I actually disagree with this. I think his "normal" singing voice is fucking terrible too. The guy can't win. He sounds fucking awful no matter how he opens his mouth. Jokes on us, though, because he's been very successful being terrible. 

Anyway, his vocals are horrific, the album is absolutely terrible - it really is. But hold on. I'm going to say a couple of nice things. I actually liked two songs on it. I think that 'Solid gold' song above is actually pretty cool. Pretty shitty (pardon the pun) lyrics, but a cool hard rock tune. Catchy. I also like 'Happiness' it is the cheesiest, most condescending hateful summer song ever... but by jeez it's actually not a half bad tune, lol. 

Anyway, that was it. Two good songs, the rest are absolutely awful (well, 'Rack of glam' is an okay bonus song, but the rest is really, really awful).