Stefan

Perfect Plan - All Rise

On 5/18/2018 at 8:18 AM, tts42572 said:

I kind of agree.  

I do like the album a lot and no denying it sounds fantastic.  

For me, it's the kind of album that's enjoyable to listen to but at the same time doesn't really get my blood pumping or get me pounding on the car dashboard.  I still find myself wishing they mixed in a little more edge on a song or two.

I do really like Stone Cold Lover and Never Surrender, with What Comes Around, Too Late and In & Out Of Love not far behind.  And Bad City Woman isn't too bad.  There's a couple songs I find myself sort of glossing over a bit and really don't care much for the 1985 song.

Overall, it's good though and top 10 material.   For me though, it's a long ways behind stuff like Shiraz Lane, W.e.t and Maverick that I'm really digging and gets my juices flowing :headbanger:

Yes.  Maybe the guitars could be a little more crunchy and more backing vocals in the chorus'?

I have to get this one.

Edited by Stefan

Pretty good cover of Foreigner's 'That Was Yesterday'.

Cannot wait.

'pretty good' ?

it's virtually flawless. Almost as good as the original. 

On 6/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Glen said:

'pretty good' ?

it's virtually flawless. Almost as good as the original. 

I agree they did a good job.  I've got a hundred million nitpicks of it but they did a good job.  I just wish they hadn't done the extended intro.  I know that was part of the original 12" single version but it's not in the original album or 7" version and it just doesn't fit, IMHO.

Excellent cover, but I don't want to hear covers. 

Great version of Giant's 'Stay'.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, Mr.AOR said:

Excellent cover, but I don't want to hear covers. 

As above

1 hour ago, lettard said:

As above

Agree with you both....I'm just not a big fan of covers in general.  Always kinda feel a little bit lazy to me.

just a straight copy. nothing can beat the original imo 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2019 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2019.

63% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Apart from the above mentioned incidents, my own personal experiece with him was on a YouTube video of that lead song from the last Stryper album (Take it to the cross?) where I stated that I just did not like the chorus, not in a nasty way or anything, just that it did not work for me, and he replied with some snotty comment about all the people who loved it so my opinion was wrong. Not exactly humble.
    • Aladdin (2019) - meh...one for the kids....barely managed to get through it....
    • Also think I read that he was a finalist on Swedish idol. He definitely has some pipes.  We'll see if they can attach some songs to it and get something going. I didn't mind their debut album at the time but I'm not sure I've listened to it once since I put it away on the shelf a few months after it came out.  It just hasn't aged well at all for me. I'll be approaching the next one with some caution.  
    • Nope. Thanks for the info. If I'm not mistaken I was a fan of those vocals. 
    • Geoff, did you know Alex sang on the debut album by Reach (Reach Out to Rock)?
    • Nice voice, young man. Hope this one sticks around for the long haul and these guys can gain some momentum. 
    • Haha. Honestly doesn't bother me one bit. You don't need to worry about stuff like that. Tell me I have a penis for a face, the music taste of a bleeding ass and the IQ of a christian. You won't offend me, friend. Like I was saying, though, to be honest, I don't see how this is any way at all better than when EZN's discography started to go downhill. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd find at least a few songs from all those weak albums that is as "good" as the stuff on this one.  Completely on board with "to each their own" but you guys have really lost me on this one, and how/why this album is any better than all those bad EZN albums. To me they died after 'Animals with human intelligence' (despite arguably their best song of all being on '1985') - 'I'll B the 1 2 Luv U.'  
    • Okay, so that one pisses me off a bit. Why is he now a dance-pop artist? How does being a musician just dry up and fade overnight? Did he throw his guitars out and stop playing them all together? This would be a great rock song... but it's just dance-pop. Fucking annoying, if I'm dead honest.  If you reach out to Don again, Glen, can you tell him from me he's a gigantic disappointment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.