Perfect Plan - All Rise

Stefan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think I liked that last song Never Surrender the best so far after listening to it properly.

I'm squarely on the fence here if I want to preorder this or not.  It does sound really good, the songs seem very well put together and the singer can definitely sing.  It just doesn't seem to have the same sort of melodic hard rock edge that is where my tastes normally lie and while it sounds good, not sure it'll really blow me away.

That said though, part of me still finds myself kind of liking it if I'm in the right mood. 

I agree, the last track was definitely the one that pulled my chain the most......may be a pretty good album when finished.......I'm sitting on 50/50 right now

3 hours ago, Delbert said:

I agree, the last track was definitely the one that pulled my chain the most......may be a pretty good album when finished.......I'm sitting on 50/50 right now

I think I'm gonna pre-order....Only $10 with free shipping on Amazon so not a bad deal. 

Read a few reviews and all have been pretty positive.  I saw one reviewer say there weren't any ballads and the first single was the most "ballad" song.  And supposed to be a few pretty good melodic rockers outside the songs we've heard.

The vocalist definitely can sing and songs are well written with some obvious good musicianship.  If there was a bit more edge it would be a no brainer.

It's one that could easily go either way for me but I don't see too much coming down the pipe the next month or two so figure I'll give it a try.  Right now my rotation is Shiraz Lane, Maverick, Station and Dangerous Curves so maybe it'll strike a chord being different than those.

Listened to this and wow, pretty impressed.

Really solid melodic rock album.  I'm not sure they made a great choice putting out In & Out Of Love as the first single as it gave me the perception that this was going to be a very lite AOR album.  Basically that song is the closest thing to a ballad on the whole album.  

It's mostly just full of upbeat melodic melodic rock songs full of hooks, great vocals and some cool riffs/musicianship.  I think an album it sort of reminds me of stylistically is Harem Scarem's United in terms of just being a solid melodic rock album with some 80's vibes but still sounding modern and not copycat or cheesy.  However, there's a couple songs here though that feel like they could be perfect songs for like an 80's movie or something.

Good stuff though and would say the last two songs above (Never Surrender and Stone Cold Lover) are more representative of the album than the first two songs (In & Out Of Love and Gone Too Far).   

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

That 'Stone cold lover' song sounds real nice. 

easily the best song on the album.

the rest is perfectly ok but v v safe. 

I detest 1985. it's not bloody 1985 ok. get over it 

20 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Basically been playing this one since Friday now. Excellent. Great voice and wonderful songs.  All good stuff. May well make my top 10. 

Finally got my actual CD and really liking this too....just good, solid throwback melodic rock and pretty catchy stuff.  I quite like Bad City Woman, Stone Cold Lover, What Goes Around and Never Surrender.  

Nothing wrong with any of the other songs either though.  The singer can definitely sing and there is some good musicianship and production going on throughout.   

I'd say this will surely be in my top 10.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a perfect album, but it's okay. Pretty patchy, but I do love 'In And Out Of Love,' 'Never Surrender' and 'Heaven In Your Eyes.' Nice sound and a great voice.  

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

It's not a perfect album, but it's okay. Pretty patchy, but I do love 'In And Out Of Love,' 'Never Surrender' and 'Heaven In Your Eyes.' Nice sound and a great voice.  

I kind of agree.  

I do like the album a lot and no denying it sounds fantastic.  

For me, it's the kind of album that's enjoyable to listen to but at the same time doesn't really get my blood pumping or get me pounding on the car dashboard.  I still find myself wishing they mixed in a little more edge on a song or two.

I do really like Stone Cold Lover and Never Surrender, with What Comes Around, Too Late and In & Out Of Love not far behind.  And Bad City Woman isn't too bad.  There's a couple songs I find myself sort of glossing over a bit and really don't care much for the 1985 song.

Overall, it's good though and top 10 material.   For me though, it's a long ways behind stuff like Shiraz Lane, W.e.t and Maverick that I'm really digging and gets my juices flowing :headbanger:

Listening to in full at my desk at work. Very enjoyable album. Hints of Rev. Saints here and there for me.