Robin Beck - Love Is Coming

Stefan

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: ROBIN BECK’s NEW ALBUM "LOVE IS COMING", out October 13th!

Frontiers Music Srl, is pleased to announce the upcoming new album from Robin Beck, LOVE IS COMING! The album will be out on October 13th, 2017! Robin Beck is truly one of the most gifted vocalists under the broad umbrella of rock music and it was with great pleasure that Frontiers welcomed her back to the label for her new album, “Love Is Coming”! The album sees her partnering with Clif Magness (Steve Perry, Avril Lavigne, and many more) and James Christian (House of Lords), who produced and mixed the album, with Maor Appelbaum handling the mastering. Hit after hit after hit after hit is the best description of the tracklisting. An album encompassing melodic rock to gritty soul inspired rock is what you can expect from this gem. As Robin says, “it had to be better than anything I've ever done in the last 20 years and I believe I have accomplished that.”

Clif Magness says, "I've worked with some of the best and most inspirational female vocalists in the world and Robin Beck most definitely stands among them. Her talent combined with her tenacity and her effervescent personality all add up to an amazing human being."

Robin Beck says, "Songs like these don't come around often enough! I'm spellbound by the richness of the music and the lyrical force of every song. Sure to keep your heart pumping, unless you don't have one!!"

robinbeckrocks.com
www.facebook.com/Robinbeckrocks

51kmoQXkbzL._SS500.jpg

TRACKLISTING:

1. Island
2. On The Bright Side
3. In These Eyes
4. Love Is Coming
5. Me Just Being Me
6. On To Something
7. Lost
8. Crave The Touch
9. If You Only Knew
10. Here I Am
11. Girl Like Me
12. Warrior

Nice song, but hard to live up to the hype expressed in the press release. It has a bit more of a modern, pop rock feel to it rather than the AOR style used on The Great Escape, which was probably my second favorite album of hers after Trouble or Nothin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably the best song yet, but it doesn't sound like this album's going to be too great.

Have we mentioned yet how awful the album title is? How tacky. I don't like it one bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This isn't her finest hour, is it? But it's not bad. It has moments. 

'On the bright side,' In these eyes' (my favourite of the album), 'Onto something' and 'Lost' are all good songs. Unfortunately for ol' Robin, the rest isn't that great. The title track is particularly bad. It has it's moments, but I wish it was more consistent. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...