H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it too. It was written around the time of the first album apparently, hence the Dave Dalone song writing credit :)

Makes sense. It has got that 'Feel The Heat' vibe

Alright, now that the singles are finally up on Apple Music, I've listened to them

I don't mind when bands "change" their sound as long as the songs are still good

Redefined and Eye of the Storm are awesome. Time on Our Side is decent.

Erik sounds great as usual and Dave's guitar work is killer

My goal is to see them live next year at MRF in Chicago

I am waiting for the track that returns them to their hard rock roots

I think "Cry" is the best song in the HEAT catalog. Those vocals man...

Roll on the album

Roll on the album

Love that track also,think it was the first H.E.A.T song I heard prior to the self titled release and I couldn't wait to hear this new band...was well worth the wait :)

Roll on the album

Love that track also,think it was the first H.E.A.T song I heard prior to the self titled release and I couldn't wait to hear this new band...was well worth the wait :)

My favourite H.E.A.T song is "I Can't Look the Other Way".

Roll on the album

I can only imagine. They are a great band through and through.

Been listening a lot to ATN these last few days.

In and Out of Trouble is absolute fire. I love the sax and it's got such a great groove. I hope the new album has similar elements.

I do wish they put their albums out on vinyl. Digital is fine but it ain't the same. Especially since this new album has cool artwork and would look great on my wall.

Redefined is the best single by far so far

I do wish they put their albums out on vinyl. Digital is fine but it ain't the same. Especially since this new album has cool artwork and would look great on my wall.

I don't mind digital, but I'd love for more dynamic versions of the albums to be released. They're victims of the loudness war for sure. Freedom Rock is especially bad - you can hear clipping on that one.

Anyone ever come across a vinyl rip of Tearing down the walls? I have actually yet to get a decent record player so mine is staying in it's sleeve for now!

I don't mind digital, but I'd love for more dynamic versions of the albums to be released. They're victims of the loudness war for sure. Freedom Rock is especially bad - you can hear clipping on that one.

Anyone ever come across a vinyl rip of Tearing down the walls? I have actually yet to get a decent record player so mine is staying in it's sleeve for now!

Woah you got the vinyl? That's awesome. It's the only album they've put on vinyl according to Discogs.

I had no idea the new album is available to pre-order on vinyl right now! Killer

I think ATN is my favorite record from them now. Every song is awesome

Well, I'm going to be somewhat the contrarian here... the album is very good, but it doesn't grab me by the balls the way the last one did.

For example, in the above track, I kept waiting for a huge chorus payoff, and IMO it never came. No vocal harmonies at all. It's a good song, but could have been better.

I've only listened through the album once thus far and will definitely need several more spins to see if it's a grower, but thus far IMO there are better albums this year...

Well, I'm going to be somewhat the contrarian here... the album is very good, but it doesn't grab me by the balls the way the last one did.

For example, in the above track, I kept waiting for a huge chorus payoff, and IMO it never came. No vocal harmonies at all. It's a good song, but could have been better.

I've only listened through the album once thus far and will definitely need several more spins to see if it's a grower, but thus far IMO there are better albums this year...

I would definitely agree on the first part...Doesn't grab me like TDTW did either. But the album is definitely a grower at least for me. I really didn't care for a few songs at first but I really like everything on the album.

Also have to add my Japan copy showed up today and the Japan bonus track F Y I Miley is pretty darn good although it's a little bit short at 2:49. However, I'd say it's probably the heaviest song on the album and is definitely a song they should've included on the standard release. I think it would've fit well right after Do you Want It.

I love Eye of the Storm.

Looking forward to Friday to finally hear the whole thing

I would definitely agree on the first part...Doesn't grab me like TDTW did either. But the album is definitely a grower at least for me. I really didn't care for a few songs at first but I really like everything on the album.

Also have to add my Japan copy showed up today and the Japan bonus track F Y I Miley is pretty darn good although it's a little bit short at 2:49. However, I'd say it's probably the heaviest song on the album and is definitely a song they should've included on the standard release. I think it would've fit well right after Do you Want It.

You need to post that bonus track! :whistle:

We Rule: Darren Wharton anyone?

Do You Want It: Stop channeling Justin Hawkins, for the love of God!

He seems to be singing a lot more in upper falsetto than on previous efforts. Not in love with it.

Yeah, nowhere near TDTW IMO.

I'm with Dan. This is by far their weakest and most experimental disc.

Doubt it makes my Top 10.

Some good songs on it but also some WTF moments.

What he said

Well well well what is all this fuss about eh ??

First spin and I absolutely love it.

A couple of WTF moments but they were good WTF moments.

The last track is epic....classic HEAT. What a hook.

We Rule is a pretty obvious set closer and will work amazingly well I reckon.

Well well well what is all this fuss about eh ??

First spin and I absolutely love it.

A couple of WTF moments but they were good WTF moments.

The last track is epic....classic HEAT. What a hook.

We Rule is a pretty obvious set closer and will work amazingly well I reckon.

I'm right there with you...Agree about the WTF moments comment. Those things have turned into hooks for me. Also agree about We Rule and can see that in the live show for sure and probably as a closer.

I understand the comments from people that don't like it though. If people want a balls out rock album full of up-tempo type songs, this isn't it. If people want a balls out AOR album like the earlier H.e.a.t albums, this also isn't it.

Really though, I think this fits in nicely with the past couple H.e.a.t albums and follows the trends they've done with those. I mean, TDTW also really had a lot of variety...A few big rockers, a commercial song with Shot At Redemption, a piano ballad All the nights, the AORish We Will Never Die, the theatrical Mannequin Show, the power ballad TDTW, etc.

I think they've just continued that trend here and maybe expands on the variety a little bit.

There were a few songs I was pretty lukewarm on at first like Time On Our Side, We Rule, Do You Want It....But they've all grown on me big time. I like the variety and find it interesting to listen to throughout.

My favorites are Bastard Of Society, Best Of The Broken and Blind Leads The Blind as I do prefer the up tempo version of H.e.a.t...But it's all pretty solid for me. Maybe I'm just too much of a H.e.a.t fanboy :)