H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see that was released...have heard it in the podcast though. I don't mind that one much...picks up decently in the middle. I sorta get a "Downtown" vibe from that one for some reason. I like it better than Time On Our Side...

They need to release Bastard of Society or Blind Leads The Blind.

So "Redefined" was released today. That one really sucks too, what's going on?

I know we all pretty much agreed it was the weakest song leaked in the Spanish podcast, but I honestly didn't realize it was this bad, when I heard it the first time.

Do like this one better quite a bit better than the first....Think it's more in line with classic H.e.a.t while still being new and experimental a bit. That said, I've heard 6 songs on the album and the two they've picked as singles might be my #5 and #6 favorite songs. I'm not sure this song will do much to calm the fans that were up in arms over the first single....

Do like this one better quite a bit better than the first....Think it's more in line with classic H.e.a.t while still being new and experimental a bit. That said, I've heard 6 songs on the album and the two they've picked as singles might be my #5 and #6 favorite songs. I'm not sure this song will do much to calm the fans that were up in arms over the first single....

I think its great. Love the mood. and when it picks up. wow.

I cant wait for the album.

I've heard 6 songs now as well and would describe my brief thoughts as follows - this is based on just a couple of listens

1. Time of Our Side - no guitars no, but that doesn't mean its not a powerful song. The chorus is quite uplifting imo (7.5)

2. Blind Leads the Blind - absolute barnstormer. classic HEAT rocker (9.5)

3. Shit City - medium paced rocker - very solid HEAT tune (8)

4. Bastards of Society - lean mean rocker very similar in vein to TDTW (9)

5. Redefined - very nice moody track with great hook and mid section build up (8.5)

6. Eye of the Storm - stunning ballad styled song with soaring chorus and solo (9.5)

Overall 85% based on those 6 songs.

V much looking forward to the album ;)

Well, sounds good to me. What on earth's wrong with that?? Really cool momentum building vibe leading into an awesome, catchy chorus. Love the solo too, and the guitarwork in general in the latter part of the song.

Well, sounds good to me. What on earth's wrong with that?? Really cool momentum building vibe leading into an awesome, catchy chorus. Love the solo too, and the guitarwork in general in the latter part of the song.

I agree...It's a cool build up and the song takes off in the middle. This probably should've been the first single.

Again, seeing many people on social media lashing out and questioning what has happened to the "rocking" H.e.a.t they loved. Honestly though...Looking back at H.e.a.t's previous 4 albums, there has always been a lot of variety....Everything from light, keyboard AOR songs to ballads to melodic rockers. They've never really been like Eclipse, for example, with most of their songs being "balls to the wall" up tempo rock.

I'm still really looking forward to this and think it will be an "interesting" album to listen to. I do really like the rocking side of H.e.a.t but also appreciate variety.

H.E.A.T. seem to have some of the worst fans for complaining about pretty much everything. They complained that the last two albums were too heavy. Now they complain that they have lost their heavy side. It seems there is a very vocal part of their fanbase that just seems to want something to complain about, even if it makes no sense.

I will be honest and say I prefer their heavier direction they went on the last two albums, but a change of pace is a good thing as I don't see how they can follow those last two with something better in that vein. Yeah this has a poppy side, but the chorus etc is pure H.E.A.T.

I am certainly looking forward to this one. Not something I ever said during the Kenny days.

I'm not as enthused as most seem to be with this 2nd video. I will say Redefined has a great chorus, but musically the song sounds unfinished. Almost like they used some music creation software while recording the lead vocals and added a tasty guitar solo. The other couple tracks on the podcast were more to my liking musically. I still look forward to hearing the full album, but if these two tracks were released by a new band I doubt I'd consider buying it.

Just wanted to share this review....think it's probably one of the better I've seen to this point. I tried to copy and paste text but think it has some sort of protection on it.

http://rockatnight.com/2017/08/review-h-e-a-t-s-into-the-great-unknown/

That is a nice review, in depth and fair, while pointing out to fans what they can expect with regards to the style and sound of the tracks. I continue to look forward to hearing the full album.

I only share this review because it's the first one I've seen that talks about the Japan bonus track FYI Miley....

Review says:

The Japanese edition has a great bonus track, “FYI Miley”. A smoking rocker of a song, it is by far the best song on the album and a good reason for everybody to track down the Japanese edition.

https://roppongirocks.com/2017/09/01/album-review-h-e-a-t-into-the-great-unknown/

Damn it....Now I'll probably have to get the Japan version. Outside of the obvious with bands always putting good tracks as bonus tracks....one little thing that always annoys me with Japan CD's as that they're never encoded in English so the track titles never show up on my radio screens. Just a little OCD thing that most could probably care less about but I'll usually re-burn these things myself.