H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

Yeah TDTW is the worst by a fair margin, sadly. I tend to listen to Point of no return and Emergency then turn it off.

I definitely don't want to hear anything more from them that sounds anything like A shot at redemption. Hopefully that one is gone from the next tour songlist...

Wow just 2 songs. That's pretty harsh. It's a great album imo with just a couple of weaker moments.

Agree tho that Shot is prob their worst song.....it does work live tho which is surprising.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

First single is out 11th August

The posted today on FB that first single will be released Friday the 11th.

I thought Davecrash was just throwing out a random date but guess he was right on the money lol.

Wonder what the song will be and if there will be a video or anything?

I thought Davecrash was just throwing out a random date but guess he was right on the money lol.

If I was picking random dates it would have been earlier than August mate haha!

Single is Time On Our Side - unsure if there is a video to accompany it.

• My Little Pony

Ask Dave.

Great info...have heard 5 songs leaked in the Spanish podcast above...that wasn't one I've heard so that's good news.

Was wondering also on a video. Seems they usually launch with one...maybe that was part of the hold up.

Thanks again for the info.

If I was picking random dates it would have been earlier than August mate haha!

Single is Time On Our Side - unsure if there is a video to accompany it.

People here know how into these guys I am....And I really don't like this song at all. I'd even go so far as to say it might be my least favorite song in the Gronwall era. This will have to grow on me quite a bit to get out of automatic skip territory.

After hearing the five other songs in that spanish podcast, I know there is way better stuff than this on the album so I'm not getting all down on it. I have to say though that if I hadn't heard those other songs, I'd really be disappointed if this was the first taste of new H.e.a.t I was getting.

I think this is a poor choice for a lead song though and will have many people scratching their heads. I would've led with something like Bastard of Society or Blind Leads The Blind.

I suppose they're probably trying to get to a different audience with this song....More commercial, pop or whatever. Maybe they think this can get on radio in Sweden or something, I don't know.

It's not for me though.

Would be interesting to hear Andrew's thoughts on this song in particular... judging from the comments on youtube (and the likes / dislikes ratio) a lot of people aren't too happy with this song. Having heard 6 of the 10 songs so far, I think I won't be getting the album but rather just the few tracks I like from this one

Would be a lot better without the piano tapping throughout.

I can imagine it with some really heavy guitar chords and being pretty great.

As it stands it's OK, not sure if it will grow on me.

Sometimes it's the songs you don't like on the first listen that you either start to really like, or learn to not hate.

I quite like it but them I'm more open to modern sounding pop rock than others.

Would I have preferred another Point of No Return.....of course.

But to me I'd happily have this on a balanced album.

Would be interesting to hear Andrew's thoughts on this song in particular... judging from the comments on youtube (and the likes / dislikes ratio) a lot of people aren't too happy with this song. Having heard 6 of the 10 songs so far, I think I won't be getting the album but rather just the few tracks I like from this one

I think I saw Andrew comment that he liked this song. Still interested to read his review of the album.

Noticed the number of dislike on YT also....I'm one of them. I'm just not sending them a thumbs up with this....Don't want to see them heading in this direction again in the future.

I liked the other 5 songs just fine....Great variety and the modern effects didn't bother me. This one though just seems to go nowhere.

A few listens now and still think it's my least favorite song I've heard them record since Erik Gronwall came into the band.

Yeah it's pretty meh unfortunately. I reckon it could be my least favourite song by them now (new appreciation for A shot at redemption here!)

I don't mind pop(ish) songs but when you can go listen to pop bands for that, why bother?

The lyrics aren't the best either, and those repeated phrases are a bit annoying.

I'm *all* about guitars with H.E.A.T though, so the lack of these on this track is my biggest disappointment.

I am one who doesn't understand/like the whole " A band needs to grow/mature/try different things as an artist" crap, but I do understand as an artist not wanting to put out the same thing over and over. But with glowing, GLOWING reviews from an album as ATN(and what a masterpiece that album is), why, WHY would you stray so far from it???!!!

I keep trying to play it and can't get through it. It's awful. :puke:

I'm with you. I've tried 4-5 plays and just really don't like it.

I'm glad I know there is better stuff on the album. Bastard of Society and Blind Leads The Blind are awesome tunes that I can't crank loud enough. Those are the kinds of songs I want from H.e.a.t.

I don't mind variety and liked the "diversion" type songs on the past couple albums but this song just has zero redeeming qualities for me. It starts out okay but when it gets to the chorus I want it to take off and it doesn't. It just plods along. I think a bigger chorus and more guitars could've made it a solid song.

Perhaps this song will become more tolerable when I listen to it within the context of the album if there is better stuff sandwiched around it....

At this point though, quite easily my least favorite song they've recorded since Erik came into the band.

I quite like it but them I'm more open to modern sounding pop rock than others.

Would I have preferred another Point of No Return.....of course.

But to me I'd happily have this on a balanced album.

I love loads of Modern Pop Rock but this really doesn't do much for me , although it could grow on me I guess

I am one who doesn't understand/like the whole " A band needs to grow/mature/try different things as an artist" crap, but I do understand as an artist not wanting to put out the same thing over and over. But with glowing, GLOWING reviews from an album as ATN(and what a masterpiece that album is), why, WHY would you stray so far from it???!!!

Aye, there's a few lads on their Facebook page who like to trot out the "keep moving forward, no steps back" stuff when people post any sort of criticism of extreme changes in sound, plus the fangirls who'll worship anything they do, even if it's just the sound of them farting into a microphone. I always worry these types will push the band into pursuing the wrong direction. ATN was a change, in maturity and song writing, but it was still H.E.A.T at it's essence - they didn't need to leap so radically from it.