Summer vacation

Stefan

• My Little Pony

Have fun Stefan....Just got back form my tour of the Highlands of Scotland which was amazing.

It looked amazing. I was definitely jealous, following your travels via FaceTubes.

I'm back. Temporarily.

Where are you going? Or are you hanging out in Finland? Is there a summer in Finland?

Just hanging out in Finland. Visiting our summer cottage (1 hour drive from home) and doing some work on our house. I just got back from my fathers funeral (he died a couple of weeks ago), he lived in the western part of Finland. About 400 km away. :(

Sorry to hear that, how are you doing?

I'm back. Temporarily.

Where are you going? Or are you hanging out in Finland? Is there a summer in Finland?

Just hanging out in Finland. Visiting our summer cottage (1 hour drive from home) and doing some work on our house. I just got back from my fathers funeral (he died a couple of weeks ago), he lived in the western part of Finland. About 400 km away. :(

Sorry to hear that, how are you doing?

I'm doing pretty fine consider the circumstances. Thanks for asking.

It's one helluva start to the vacation...

Some insights about Indonesia's hot spots, there are plenty other things to do but guess these are among highly rated places and can be considered as one of your destinations should you come here one day :

Western Part :

- Lake Toba (Sumatera)

- Nias Island (Sumatera)

- Ngarai Sianok / Sianok Canyon and Lake Maninjau (Sumatera)

- Belitung Island

- Ujung Kulon National Park (West Java)

Central Part :

- Dieng Plateau, Wonosobo (Central Java)

- Candi Borobudur, Yogyakarta (Central Java) and Yogyakarta itself is a very cultural place to explore and you can feel a very authentic Indonesia here

- Semarang (many old town spots from Dutch Colonial era and also good to explore some tasty food)

- Karimunjawa Island (Central Java)

- Derawan Island (East Kalimantan)

- Bromo Mountain, Malang (East Java)

- Kawah Ijen / Ijen Crater, Banyuwangi (East Java)

- Bali Island (many spots and the most popular Indonesia island in the world, you can easily spend 5-10 days here alone)

Eastern Part :

- Lombok (many spots too, probably worth 3-5 days)

- Labuan Bajo, Flores, Kelimutu Crater and Komodo Island

- Bunaken Island, Manado (North Sulawesi)

- Wakatobi, Kendari

- Raja Ampat, Papua

- Ora Beach, Maluku

Enjoy our country :D

• My Little Pony

Some insights about Indonesia's hot spots, there are plenty other things to do but guess these are among highly rated places and can be considered as one of your destinations should you come here one day :

Western Part :

- Lake Toba (Sumatera)

- Nias Island (Sumatera)

- Belitung Island

Central Part :

- Candi Borobudur, Yogyakarta (Central Java) and Yogyakarta itself is a very cultural place to explore and you can feel a very authentic Indonesia here

- Semarang (many old town spots from Dutch Colonial era and also good to explore some tasty food)

- Bali Island (many spots and the most popular Indonesia island in the world, you can easily spend 5-10 days here alone)

Eastern Part :

- Wakatobi, Kendari

- Raja Ampat, Papua

- Ora Beach, Maluku

Nice! Thanks.

My friend works for Air Canada, and says she can take me anywhere they fly for free. So I'll have to see what she thinks of Indonesia.

Have fun Stefan....Just got back form my tour of the Highlands of Scotland which was amazing.

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Scotland in a month.

What did you do/see there? Any tips?

You must got to the West coast and maybe visit the islands, Mull, Arran, Skye or tour down the west side and go to Glencoe . This is the route we took over a week, 1600 miles in total and it was fabulous.

19275059_10213010517328018_5513287121090

19511213_10213073261736589_124181123999319399717_10213065044851172_894611919973219437527_10213052167849255_544683272911319424308_10213063011960351_8455323141734

Thanks for the info and great pics, Jez!

I'm back. Temporarily.

Very sorry to hear that, mate.

Western Part :

- Lake Toba (Sumatera)

- Nias Island (Sumatera)

- Belitung Island

Central Part :

Eastern Part :

- Wakatobi, Kendari

- Raja Ampat, Papua

- Ora Beach, Maluku

Nice! Thanks.

My friend works for Air Canada, and says she can take me anywhere they fly for free. So I'll have to see what she thinks of Indonesia.

Why on earth are you not travelling every single day of the year? You're single, aren't you? No excuse at all. Free airfares is an amazing thing to have at your disposal. Get amongst it before it's not so easy to do so.

• 3 weeks later...