Little Caesar

CureTheSane

Was just listening to some of their stuff and I had forgotten how much I love their music.

Ron Young is a pretty cool guy as well, very down to Earth and accepting of who he is now and making honest music rather than wannabe rockstar music.

My fav LC songs would be something like....

1. In Your Arms

2. Own Worst Enemy

3. Ballad Of Johnny

4. Is Your Crazy, Gettin' Lazy

5. I Wish It would Rain

6. Drama Queen

7. Ain't Got It

8. Midtown

9. Turn My World Around

10. Redemption

I know I left Chain Of Fools off the list. A great cover - one of the few that is better than the original, and it's a nice song, but not one of my favorites.

Not a band I liked, but to their credit I did hold onto their first two CDs for an age before I got rid of them. Still remember buying them, in fact. Liverpool Cash Converters, the double whammy. I liked 'In your arms,' 'I wish it would rain' and I think I recall liking 'The ballad of Johnny' despite the awful Johnny lyrics.

• 7 months later...

Love this band. Their debut is still my favourite. If I were to rate my 10 favourite songs I'd go something like this (no particular order):

Drive It In

Wrong Side of the Tracks

Down n Dirty

Real Rock Drive

Rock n roll State of Mind

Holy Roller

Ain't Got It

Prisoner of Love

Dirty Water

Hard Times

First single, from their upcoming album "8" (to be released by Golden Robot Records on March 16), Time Enough For That is out now.

https://www.facebook.com/LittleCaesarOfficial/

LITTLE CAESAR - Eight (Album Review)

1. 21 Again
  2. Mama Tried
  3. Vegas
  4. Crushed Velvet
  5. Good Times
  6. Time Enough For That
  7. Straight Shooter
  8. Another Fine Mess
  9. Morning
  10. That's Alright
  11. Mixed Signs (Bonus Track)
  12. Slow Ride (Bonus Track)

LITTLE CAESAR To Release 'Eight' Album In March

On 6/11/2017 at 8:47 AM, Geoff said:

Not a band I liked, but to their credit I did hold onto their first two CDs for an age before I got rid of them. Still remember buying them, in fact. Liverpool Cash Converters, the double whammy. I liked 'In your arms,' 'I wish it would rain' and I think I recall liking 'The ballad of Johnny' despite the awful Johnny lyrics.

I'm with you. A band I never got into besides the scattered tunes like those you listed.

First album was too long and had some stinkers on it. Second album was better only because it was shorter, and as a result more consistent.

I did find them way over produced. Their songs were just so nice sounding and had no real edge except for Young's vocals. They would have been better with a harder edge like Circus of Power maybe?

I do still have both the CDs but have made a single one that I put on every year or two.

• 4 weeks later...

This release is much like the last one.
Their music seems to be inline with the band maturing.

Won't be for everyone, but I like it.

It's on the contemporary adult laid back rock side.

Been listening more today and this one' likely to fairly high up in my albums of the year.  Great diverse set of songs.

Would really like to see them live in a small club. I see they played Bannerman's in Edinburgh recently. Bet that was awesome. 

Given this more than a few spins now and overall I'm a bit disappointed.

The three songs I mentioned earlier are the strongest for me.
While the others aren't filler, they aren't doing anything to my balls (can't think of any of Geoff's analogies right now)

I'm a fan of all their albums, and am not comparing to early stuff, just overall an average disc.

• 1 month later...