R&B/Soul/Funk

Have you seen my name?

Unfortunately yes.

More unfortunate is that we've been subjected to his musical preferences.

• 2023 Gold Donors

my little Shalamar tribute :)

Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good

Howard Hewett - Stay

Jody Watley - Looking for a New Love

That Howard Hewett album is a gem :tumbsup:

More unfortunate is that we've been subjected to his musical preferences.

I'm still waiting for your Top 5 Jodeci songs, come on Geoff you can do it :)

Oh jeez. Okay. You caught me out. I guess if I had to to choose my top five would be;

1. I Like Men (Inside Me)

2. Chasing Men (For Hard Sex)

3. Sex With My Bandmates

4. Trees (With Branches Shaped Like Penises)

5. Hold The Line (And By Line I Mean My Erect Penis)

Oh jeez. Okay. You caught me out. I guess if I had to to choose my top five would be;

3. Sex With My Bandmates

then I'm guessing Freek'N You that starts with "every time I close my eyes I wake up feeling so horny" might be of interest to you :)

3. Sex With My Bandmates

then I'm guessing Freek'N You that starts with "every time I close my eyes I wake up feeling so horny" might be of interest to you :)

Nah mate, sorry, that song's awful. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Mic Murphy and David Frank (The System)

The System - Midnight Special

The System - Don't Disturb this groove

The System - You are in my system

I really like that stuff by The System gonna have to check them out further.

What about Truth Inc and their one and only ST album from 1992.

The first time i heard of this band i was listening to Munichs Hardest Hits radio and this song came on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-e7xjSsik

i listened and thought who the hell is this AOR band called Truth Inc. A bit of searching told me that Truth Inc. was in fact an R&B band from Los Angeles, California that was led by singer Jimmy Demers (who has an awesome voice btw)

In 1992, they released their only self-titled album on Interscope Records which peaked at #85 on Billboard’s R&B Albums chart.
The first single from the album “Can I Get With You Tonight?” peaked at #44 on Billboard’s Hot R&B Singles chart, staying on the chart for 9 weeks.
The follow-up single “Sex on the Beach” peaked at #36 on Billboard’s Hot R&B Singles chart, staying on the chart for 9 weeks.
After that, it seems as if Truth Inc. faded into obscurity. Jimmy Demers went on to have a solo music career and released an album in 2008. These days, he lives in California and contributes to the Huffington Post.
FYI Truth Inc's album is well worth trackin' down, cool r&b mixed with aor/melodic rock moments,the first 2 tracks I Come Alive and Rescue Me and The Very Best Of Me.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone like anything?

I've had this tune on play, classic disco/soul project from Italy and US, with Luther Vandross on vocals, awesome track imho

Change (ft Luther Vandross) - Glow of Love (1980)

I wonder if you listen to rock music sometimes. :D

I like funky soul infused hard rock so all these samples are not for me. Two of my all time favorite releases are by Circle of Soul (RIP Joie Mastrokalos); Hands of Faith and One Man's Poison. If anyone can turn me on to stuff similar to theirs I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope these links work.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I like funky soul infused hard rock so all these samples are not for me. Two of my all time favorite releases are by Circle of Soul (RIP Joie Mastrokalos); Hands of Faith and One Man's Poison. If anyone can turn me on to stuff similar to theirs I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope these links work.

If you haven't got the 2 albums by Swedes It's Alive then you need them, It's Alive - It's Alive 1991 & It's Alive - Earthquake Visions 1993,quintessential funk rock.

And to think their vocalist Martin White went on to be the mega successful pop producer / song writer Max Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64znOMEwvWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyiJUsrsS8&list=PLaihyEf6gBOq4GLi-uXCxqiURmNEO6XAX&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OGS3Mjx2sQ&index=3&list=PLaihyEf6gBOq4GLi-uXCxqiURmNEO6XAX

• 2023 Gold Donors

If you haven't got the 2 albums by Swedes It's Alive then you need them, It's Alive - It's Alive 1991 & It's Alive - Earthquake Visions 1993,quintessential funk rock.

And to think their vocalist Martin White went on to be the mega successful pop producer / song writer Max Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64znOMEwvWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyiJUsrsS8&list=PLaihyEf6gBOq4GLi-uXCxqiURmNEO6XAX&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OGS3Mjx2sQ&index=3&list=PLaihyEf6gBOq4GLi-uXCxqiURmNEO6XAX

Never heard of them. Thanks for sharing. Cool band very reminiscent of DRN. Wish the vocals were a little more like Circle of Soul but I still really dig what I hear. Nice find.

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

James Ingram sounded much like Billy Ocean, and shared same producer it seems... nice if you like 80's soul/pop..

James Ingram - Red Hot Lover (1986)

James Ingram - Trust Me (1986)

Love this album by James Ingram, Sir Michael Bolton supplied backing vox on Red Hot Lover and Paul Pesco supplies the guitar with a sweet little solo. BTW the Paul Pesco album "Make It Reality" is well worth checkin' out if you don't know it.

• 4 months later...