MUNA

18 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

"Who" is definitely one of the best songs of the year. 

I absolutely love 'Who' and 'Stayaway' but my three favourites are actually 'Pink Light,' 'Hands Off,' and 'It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby.' 

I wonder if Glen is actually the only human on the planet who liked the previous album but not this. I "get" not liking both if it's not your thing, but I can't really see how you could like one and not the other. They're both sooo good. 

14 hours ago, phaffas said:

no.

Go listen to your symphonic power metal with all the lyrical interest of an anal wart. This thread is for people who appreciate brilliance and lesbians who wink at Karpetface suggestively. 

You slouchy creep. ;)

• 2 years later...
  • My Little Pony
17 hours ago, PeterS said:

They're doing a show in London and it sold out in seconds. 

Really? Wow. Good for them. 

• 1 month later...

Love 'Anything but me,' other two are okay. New album due 24th of June, I see. Very nice. Looking forward to that one. 

• 4 weeks later...

That's a splendid chorus and hook and very much in line with what I love from this band. I don't know if it's just me, but it sounds a bit more dancey and less rock than I'd hope for, but maybe I'm just out of practice with this band. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Geoff said:

I absolutely love 'Who' and 'Stayaway' but my three favourites are actually 'Pink Light,' 'Hands Off,' and 'It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby.' 

I wonder if Glen is actually the only human on the planet who liked the previous album but not this. I "get" not liking both if it's not your thing, but I can't really see how you could like one and not the other. They're both sooo good. 

in fairness I wasn't massively into either. I did say that. Pretty decent stuff, but not bowled over like u guys. 

• 4 months later...
  • My Little Pony
55 minutes ago, Ponen said:

Another queer band that's pretty good. Love this new tune from them. 

As good as Muna, though? I'll check it out when I'm home. 

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

As good as Muna, though? I'll check it out when I'm home. 

Muna for me personally but this band ain't half bad either. They have some very nice tunes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my ears on this, much later to the party than I would have liked. But I got there. In a nutshell, I do enjoy it. A few cracker tunes like 'What I want,' Home by now,' 'Anything but me' and 'Shooting star' are the highlights for me. 

Elsewhere, I will say, it kind of seems to me that with each release since the debut they seem to take one small step back from the super catchy mega hooks of the debut. They're still a great band with very strong song writing and lyrics and there is absolutely no rubbish on here at all. It's a good, solid album with a few standouts for me. 

• Like 1