Well, this is really sad. I love the Allman Brothers, Duane was one of a kind and Gregg too. R.I.P.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Jokers - Slapback from their upcoming release “Rock and Roll Bones” 
    • There are certainly some great songs on here. I've only done the first 2 discs so far though. 
    • Played as well today and it's ok and has a few good songs, but tbh, I'm starting to get a bit bored with them, as they don't offer up anything they haven't done before. Like the last album, everything on this album has been done to death previously and is as predictable as hell. Of all the new albums I have played recently (and there have been quite a few) this doesn't feature very highly unfortunately.
    • I think 'Smoking' is the weakest track by far on here and the only one I don't really rate that much. Of the others, 'Time to Let Go' is a cool rocker that hits the spot and the lead off single 'Why Are You Calling Me Now' is a great AOR track. Liking the rest is going to depend on whether you like the more New Country/Pop ballad style of song, as there are at least 4 or 5 like that,  with Jay DeMarcus's obvious influence on these ..'I Hope You Find It' 'Don't Go' 'Finally Got It Right' and 'Anything But Us' are spectacular ballads and amongst some of the best I have heard in recent times, whilst 'Angels' 'All Night To Get There', 'Lights Go Out In Paradise' and 'Waiting On Your Sunshine' are all top quality too. Definitely one of the best albums this year for me, but as I said, it won't all be for everyone's taste, especially the softer stuff on show.
    • At least they've reverted back to something similar to Tesla soundwise...its ok...not bad...but if I need Tesla I've always got Mechanical Resonance , TGRC or Psychotic Supper to get me through  
    • New single pretty blah to me.  It's ok I guess but no desire to add that to a playlist or re-listen. These guys feel like a band that's underachieved a bit to me with their new music in the past 20 years or so after starting off so well with their first 3-4 albums.  Yeah, there's been some good songs here and there but they just really haven't gotten near the quality of those early albums.
    • Lily Lowe - Scream      After listening to her debut album “Löwe“, it’s evident why LILY LOWE is being coined Norway’s new lady of rock. This young singer and songwriter – real name Lill Sofie Eriksson Wilsberg – has the voice, the looks and essentially, talent, to become a star. The mastermind behind “Löwe” is Norway’s rock institution Trond Holter (Wig Wam, Dream Police, Jorn Lande etc.) who not only co-wrote the songs, but also is the musical director & producer, and play all over the record. In fact, most of Wig Wam members play on the album, alongside other Scandinavian renowned musicians. But don’t lose the focus here: LILY LOWE is the star on the album: with her intense delivery of brazen vocals is sure to reign right alongside the most prominent rock artists to date. An she writes very good songs as well. LILY LOWE was a contestant for Norway’s Eurovision this year with the great glammy hard rock tune ‘Bad Baby’ (included into the album) but if you think her music is bland you better listen to “Löwe” carefully. Having a song titled ‘Handsome Whore’ in the track list give you an idea this album isn’t ‘Eurovision saccharine’ at all. This rocks, hard. Holter has provided a bright, crisp, rocking production for Lowe’s voice and he drops some killer riffs to boot, like on opener ‘Scream’ which while wrapped by a modern production it’s very classic rock. The kind of riff that worked in the Seventies, the Eighties, and today. ‘Bad Baby’ is the hit, catchy, infectious, with Lily showcasing why she grew up listening Guns N’ Roses and Motley crue. The glam metal ‘Daddy’s Type’ is probably the song that most reveals Holter’s involvement, because this could easily could be into any Wig Wam album. It’s almost like you get a little shocked when it’s not Åge Sten Nilsen who sings. On “Run” Lily & Holter try something different, more modern and adding some electronics to the mix, but don’t be fooled, this album rocks. “Löwe” is a catchy driving good debut album by this talented young woman, helped by a cast of top Scandinavian musicians. LILY LOWE is an artist we will certainly hear more about in years to come.   01 – Scream 02 – Crying Game 03 – Bad Baby 04 – 911 05 – Caught in a Dream 06 – Daddy’s Type 07 – Handsome Whore 08 – So Long 09 – Run Lill Sofie Eriksson Wilsberg – vocals, drums Trond Holter – guitars, keyboards, backing vocals Bernt Jansen – bass, backing vocals Magnus Galguften – drums Tom Jensen – keyboards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.