Creye - s/t

Stefan

26 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

Singer looks like his father.

Was just thinking that myself upon first view  :) spitting image...better hair though ol' Jim sported the mullet.

Edited by lettard

Both those songs sound killer to me. 'Christina' being a real show stopper. These guys remind me of Miss Behaviour's only good album mixed with Care Of Night. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Spinning this right now, mein gott! Still constantly playing track 2! :wub::wub::wub:

Wow, as in 'Nothing To Lose?' For me, that's the only weak song on the album. Seriously, easily the weakest song, imo. How odd. :huhsign:

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, as in 'Nothing To Lose?' For me, that's the only weak song on the album. Seriously, easily the weakest song, imo. How odd. :huhsign:

It's one of the more unusual tracks but I really like that one. Great part half way through....reminds me a bit of Valentine.

there's a mass of cheese going on here and an abundance of inspiro lyrics. ;)

but that said I do really like the album and the singer sounds great. Just the right side of accent .

• 3 weeks later...

Press release:

A MESSAGE FROM Creye:

“As some of you may have noticed, we have had some new, talented people on stage with us for these past few gigs. Well, now it is time to shed some light on what's going on for you guys.

We are very happy to announce that August Rauer is our new lead vocalist. August has excelled on and off stage with us, both in Stockholm and Nottingham. To have a singer with the qualities that August possesses as a permanent member of the band is an honor, to say the least.

Our new keyboard player is the virtuoso Joel Selsfors. Joel made his debut on stage with Creye in Malmö this past summer. Joel is an extremely talented musician in more genres than we can count and we are so happy to have him as a full-time member of Creye.

We are, of course, very sad to see Robin Jidhed and Joel Rönning depart. Their decisions to leave the band were made due to personal reasons, independent from one another. We have known about their decision to leave for a little bit of time now, but we did not want to make an official statement until everything was completely sorted and the future was crystal clear. We want to thank Robin and Joel from the bottom of our hearts for their time in Creye and there are absolutely no hard feelings between us and them.

Last, but certainly not least, we want to thank YOU - the fans. We've been having the time of our lives in Malmö, Stockholm, and Nottingham thanks to you. Without your support, nothing would be possible. Creye is going forward stronger than ever, and we are so happy that you're all with us on this journey....straight to the top!"

CREYE IS:
August Rauer - vocals
Andreas Gullstrand - lead guitar
Fredrik Joakimsson - rhythm guitar
Joel Selsfors - keyboards
Gustaf Örsta - bass
Arvid Filipsson - drums

Jeezus wept. It's going to be a struggle for these guys to make a dent if they keep trading lead singers. Curious to hear how the new guy sounds, but it's a bummer. Jnr Jidhed did a fine job on this album.  

Alex's voice was so good on the ep and much better than Jidhed, but the cd is good and just hope the :new" singer is good. And 3 singers one cd is not a good start!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

New singer sounds a little like Richard Marx on "Hazard".  I'm not a fan of acoustic versions of songs for the most part, so this gets a "meh" from me but I'm encouraged that they're working on new material.

• 3 weeks later...

First single should never be an acoustic (slower) song in my opinion. This a Meh for me.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Another acoustic version of an old song, this time 'Never Too Late'. Are they planning an acoustic album?

I was talking?(messaging) to the band or a member about this the other day, trying to be polite/nice about it. Saying it's time for "NEW" music, LOL. he/They said it's coming!!!

3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I was talking?(messaging) to the band or a member about this the other day, trying to be polite/nice about it. Saying it's time for "NEW" music, LOL. he/They said it's coming!!!

I certainly hope so...just not a fan of these re-released acoustic numbers at all  :(