Anyone got a great rock radio station or show to recommend?

Silverkin

I recently discovered Timothy J's COAR show in the US (stands for Creative Original Artists Rock :usa: ) which I'm loving - he supports unsigned and emerging talent and is so fun to listen to. His blog is pretty entertaining reading too (http://coarradio.com/home.html)

Then there's Rock Chicks Radio which airs from Germany and has a really great mix of bands (http://rockchicks-radio.de) with the Easy Monday show playing a lot of new bands and established ones.

Rock Melodic Radio from Greece is the other one I've found that I listen to regularly http://rockmelodic-radio.com

but does anyone have any others that they could recommend when I'm wanting a fix of either unsigned/unknown bands or established ones to widen my knowledge of AOR and heavy rock?

Not a big fan of radio, but I really like Steve Price's show on ARFM. Saturdays and Sundays 6 PM till 9 PM UK time and can be streamed afterwards as well. Haven't listened in a while though used to be 2 hours now they've bumped it up to 3. The other shows on ARFM are also good but I think the Steve Price one is what most people here will like

Cheers simo, will check them out

I think I'll tune in this Saturday as well ;-) last time I did must have been about 3 years ago

Was quite good actually at that time they were promoting H.E.A.T.'s ''Tearing Down The Walls'' and the Three Lions album and playing tracks other than the singles prior to the albums' releases

Cheers simo, will check them out

I think I'll tune in this Saturday as well ;-) last time I did must have been about 3 years ago

Was quite good actually at that time they were promoting H.E.A.T.'s ''Tearing Down The Walls'' and the Three Lions album and playing tracks other than the singles prior to the albums' releases

To be honest, it's only recently I've started tuning in to radio stations again (+ sometimes I'm naughty and listen to the recorded shows so I can skip through any tracks I'm not enjoying - but I always feel bad doing that for some reason. Major guilt complexes, or maybe I worry I'll skip a track which would have proved to become a favourite of mine if I'd given it a chance)

Good thread...

Really wish there were a melodic rock station on Sirius that would play newer stuff like H.e.a.t, Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, etc, etc.

Sirius had just about every other genre of music covered except newer melodic rock. There is literally everything....Raggae, Gospel, Classical, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, rap, country, 80's hairbands, alternative, new wave, adult elevator music, jazz...and many more. I just can't believe there wouldn't be a bigger demand for a melodic rock channel that played everything from Def Leppard, GNR, Bon Jovi etc....Through the newer bands I mentioned.

I wish Hair Nation would consider at least expanding their format a little and playing stuff beyond about 1990. I'm so tired of hearing all the same songs over and over that I gave up listening to that channel. Basically, I've given up all radio and only listen to CD's or my own USB stick that has a mixture of everything I like.

I used to spend some time steaming planet rock at one point a couple years ago but got away from that for some reason. I also used to listen to a few podcasts but also is a little bit more cumbersome than just turning on a radio station.

Good thread though and would like to know if there's some good melodic rock radio out there somewhere.

Certainly the ones I've mentioned are ones I enjoy listening to especially if I'm working on the computer.

The rockmelodic radio has a real mixture of old and new tracks which suits me well for general listening if I'm listening for a long spell as I do prefer to hear some that I recognise usually.

DJ Sonny and Timothy J are brilliant though - so passionate about what they do - so I love to support their shows and what they're doing for new artists by listening when I can.

I'll give the station simo mentions a go a the weekend.

Is the station you mention called Sirius? I bet if enough there was enough interest shown they would do a rock show too, especially if they cover the other genres