What band havent I seen....?

Glen

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda hate that it got this far.

Feels like Deal Or No Deal with the $200,000 still in play :)

Whitesnake

At last we have a winner!!!!!!!!

Yes, believe it or not I have never seen Whitesnake

Not sure why exactly, just never happened back in the day and more recently I have been reluctant around reports that his voice is shot.

For completion for the others were -

Slipknot - Brixton Academy (March 2000)

Foo Fighters - Brixton Academy (Dec 2000) & V Festival

Saxon - numerous times but most recently Brixton 2002

Thanks for playing guys..........anyone else want to throw up a list?????

Cheers

Glen,

did somebody kidnap you to see Slipknot ? well like to know what's your reason, or do you really dig em ? :D

Tell us about Dio. So jealous.

Short vocalist, good voice, throws horns quite a lot. Dead last time i checked

;)

• My Little Pony

;)

Hi-fucking-larious.

;)

Hi-fucking-larious.

On a side note i saw Dio on the Holy Diver tour. Amazing gig!!

• My Little Pony

;)

Hi-fucking-larious.
On a side note i saw Dio on the Holy Diver tour. Amazing gig!!

On a side note? That is the whole note, Glen!

As for the last 2 guesses Van Halen and the almighty Dio. Well I've seen both but we will get a few bonus bands off the list as a result.

First Halen I saw as part of the Monsters of Rock how in the Seattle King Dome JUly 27th 1988 and that show brought not only the Hagar fronted VH (of note I have seen DLR on the Eat Em and Smile tour with Sheehan and Vai) who were excellent Sammy is a sound singer an guitar player and the band played all the hits and a slew of Hagar tunes. Also on this bill we're Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica and the Scorpions. All the bands played well and covered their best tunes. The Scorps did a short set as Klaus was hit with a bottle and told everyone to fuck off after three songs. Not to worry as I saw full sets of the Scorps on their own supporting the live album and Love at First Sting. I have seen Metallica and Dokken prior as well. KC was a pleasant surprise even though they only had the one record I was enjoying Get It On at the time. The worse thing was the show started at noon and was way too long getting over at midnight.

As for Dio, well I saw him supporting the Killing The Dragon release September 11th 2002 at the Showbox and for those that don't have that record or that haven't seen Dio, get the album it's amazing and I'm sorry. Dio was amazing. For a small venue he had pulled out all the pyro and lights and even had a massive dragon. As Glen mentioned he is a little dude and he did throw a million horns but that's his thing and the crowd expected and ate it up like it was the last supper. Dio wore the black silk fringed jump suit and he was the most grateful and appreciative performer I have ever seen. Aldrich is a mofo on guitar too! During the show some dude waved a stack of records and a sharpy at him and he smiled had the guy hand him the pen and manage the next record shuffle and Dio signed them all with a massive smile and a thank you. I wish I would have bought the disc at the show as there was autographed ones available for a mere $20. Excellent show and ALL your faves from the catalog. Kings X opened whom I've seen a dozen times and simply love and loved their set as well, even though they did a quick 20 minutes as the opener. Of note Hammerfall was on the bill but didn't show for the Seattle show, lame o's.

Updated list, its getting shorter. :)

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

The Cherry Poppin Daddies

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

I will say The Bang Gang, they had a pretty short run and were a bit more obscure when compared to most of the artists on your list

Sound logic and guess, but alas unfortunately you are incorrect.

Being a Seattle resident (south side) for my entire formative years and having musical tenancies and friends I was afforded the pleasure (most of the time) of seeing and befriending some great bands, The Bang Gang albeit good were not one of these great bands and I think they tried to get on that LA band wagon at this point and called home Hollywood.

I saw The Bang Gang on Culprit reunion gig in 1989/1990 (?) with my pals band Talks Cheap opening for them all at the DV8. Obviously bassist Scott Earl was in both bands so I assume that was the driver. Culprit was crushing as would be expected as this was not long after their break up maybe a couple 3 years so all original members. Talks Cheap was as always good as Jim is a great player and everything he touches is gold. The Bang Gang albeit a sound band were quite laughable in their approach. I mean they showed up in a 40' white limo and piled out like they were playing Madison Square Garden, simply laughable and a testament to all things bad about the waning years of the scene. Obviously seeing Culprit was the big deal.

So we get a two-fer this time:

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

You've never seen Queensryche, have you? ;}

He he, it is funny you joke to this but until last year no. I know weird considering their geographic location. They never were a "local" band as being from Bellevue and then going huge immediately in late 83 early 84.

Anywho saw them last year at the Clark County fair, the no Tate version but they were amazing with Todd on vox and he does Geoff better than Geoff does and of course they did ALL the hits which I am glad to say encompasses the bulk of the EP, Jet City Women, Violent Stupidity, I mean Lucidity, etc...

Although it seems an obvious choice, I'll use the which one of these is not like the others approach, and say Kenny Rodgers is someone you haven't seen in concert

You'd think, but I went out of my way to catch Mr Rogers at Pier 62 on the waterfront in Seattle July 17th 1999.

A glorious sunny summer evening and The Gambler throwing down ALL the classics, The Gambler, Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town, The Coward of the County, Lady, We Got Tonight, Islands In The Stream, You Decorated My Life, We've Got Tonight, Love Will Turn You Around, The Greatest ( the reason for the tour as this was a big hit from his 99 record), Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer, Daytime Friends and I am sure a few others that I'm neglecting, but anyways a great show and I am quite glad I saw him.

• My Little Pony

Although it seems an obvious choice, I'll use the which one of these is not like the others approach, and say Kenny Rodgers is someone you haven't seen in concert

Of all of them, that's the one that is not like the others?

Of all of them, that's the one that is not like the others?

well, one of a few that I wouldn't associate with the others, the majority are hard rock or metal, so Kenny and Carol King didn't quite fit

OK so updated the list and included the latest guesses of Bloodgood and DRN.

Starting with Dan and company. Me and a few friends were smart enough to take a road trip to Portland, Oregon on December 31st 1991 for the show at The Foxx Theater with the glorious Cherry Poppin' Daddies opening. Of course we did not even hazard a guess that December 31st was New Years Eve, so don't reserve any hotel room or nothing just hit the road and get into town and realize it?!!? Any-who the show was ridiculously awesome. I am a monster DRN fanatic from waaay back (anyone remember the vinyl for Breathless?) and Dan and company do not disappoint. Sounded better than the albums and the energy, forget about it. This tour was in Support of The Heat but they played every song plus some.This show also was featured on that Live At Last CD/DVD.

The Daddies, which is what they were going by at this time crushed as well, this was before the massive hit Zoot Suit Riot and like Dan and company, the Daddies were spot on, tight as hell and Steve even rode out on a riding lawn mower size penis that shot confetti, streamers and condoms out the end! I hadn't seen The CPD before this but saw them multiple times after and theirs is a show to be seen.

As for Bloodgood, they opened for, yes you guessed it, Stryper who were supporting the best album by them ever Soldiers Under Command. The show was at the Paramount Theater in Seattle on February 28th 1986, wish I still had that SUC t-shirt and that I could fit into the medium I bought. :)

Stryper as you can expect were fantastic. Massive light show tons and tons of "yellow and black" and the band was super spot on. I was enamored as both SUC and TY&BA were in VERY heavy rotation at the time.

Bloodgood being a Seattle band and also a "Christian" band got to support and they are a great band. Playing the bulk of the 86' S/T and just wow. Stand in the Light, Anguish & Pain, live!

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

• 2 weeks later...

The length of the list killed it.

Was supposed to be 10 originally, 15 was pushing it. This one became a mini series.

Oh come now, the list is brilliant, your just jealous and I have been lopping of 2 and 3 at a wack for openers and such. If put to the test I could quadruple that list and still have a handful left over...

As for EZN.

Saw them twice over the years the latest time was with Britney Fox (not the Dizzy Dean version I'm afraid, but still nice) and the Bullet Boys on June 28th 2007 at the El Corazon in Seattle. Got to meet Chip, the only original EZN member at that show which was nice and of course this line up was sans Donnie and had Monaco on guitar and vox. They were a 3 piece for this one.

I did see them April 13th 1996 at a rinky dink place called the China Club supporting Tweaked, unfortunately sans Derek and Viki. Monaco was on guitar and Ricki Parent on drums for this one. The venue had about 50 people in it max but ENZ was tight and sounded very good, playing all the hits until just before the last song which is a fave of mine, Kiss The Clown ( I saw the set list on the monitor), when Donnie and Chip got into a scuffle on stage, Chip tossed Donnie into the drums knocking most of them down and poof the band was gone faster than you can say gone. I don't remember an opener on this one so it was probably some locals that we missed by delaying our arrival.

And since we are being all whiny I will scratch a few more off the list that were around other bands that I forgot too.

Jane's Addiction and Soundgarden I saw with Mother Love Bone at the Paramount theater on November 17th 1988. Jane's supporting Nothing's Shocking and Soundgarden Ultra Mega OK, but I recall some tunes from Louder Than Love not at the time of course. Jane's was great as were SG and MLB. Jane's filmed the short The Gift at the time and a cool thing about the show was it was a rising star show from the local rock radio station KISW and the gig cost a whole dollar!

I will also cross off Prote!n as they opened for the mighty Kings X when I saw them one of the many times I seen them. This show was brilliant! Kings X as always crushed, Sean Kinney (drummer of AIC) and myself song along to Over My Head. This was my intro and outro to Prot!en as they broke up shortly after this show, but I did collect ALL their releases and you should to as Josh is a scorcher of a player and songwriter very akin to the Marvies and BW. Of note Generator later to become Slowrush was the opener opener and for those of that love Dan Reed we also love Slowrush!

Judas Priest

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Enuff Z Nuff