Cheap Trick

Guns N' Roses

Tesla

Twisted Sister

Poison

Iron Maiden

Tesla

Saw Tesla at the HiFi bar a few years ago in Melbourne

A small place who cater for hard rock acts.

Wasn't overly impressed sadly.

It was an OK show. They didn't play many of the songs I wanted to hear.

Aside from that sounded OK, but only OK.

Remaining...

Bon Jovi
Steel Panther
Warrant
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Kiss
Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Guns N' Roses
Twisted Sister
Poison
Iron Maiden

It's either Warrant or Poison. I'm not actually sure how old you are, but I assume you aren't too old? Therefore, I know all the others have been to Australia in recent years, but unless I missed the memo, Poison and Warrant haven't. You may have gone across to NZ if you're keen when Poison were in this part of the world a few years ago, so I'm going to go with Warrant!

I saw Warrant on the Cherry Pie tour at Festival Hall

Like most in Australia, I'd never heard DRSFR so I binge listened until I knew the songs by heart. Great move because half the set was this album and I knew the songs, unlike my friends.

Amazing show

Also saw Poison at Festival Hall. Took some amazing photos which I'll scan and upload one day.

Another amazing show.

Remaining...

Bon Jovi
Steel Panther
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Kiss
Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Guns N' Roses
Twisted Sister
Iron Maiden

Like most in Australia, I'd never heard DRSFR so I binge listened until I knew the songs by heart. Great move because half the set was this album and I knew the songs, unlike my friends.

Amazing show

Also saw Poison at Festival Hall. Took some amazing photos which I'll scan and upload one day.

Another amazing show.

Remaining...

Bon Jovi
Steel Panther
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Kiss
Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Guns N' Roses
Twisted Sister
Iron Maiden

Van Halen? Cause I don't know how often they play outside the US, I don't think that much.

Otherwise Cheap Trick cause of the different style

Haha, okay, so you're older than I thought. ;) If I can vote again, my last educated guess would be Twisted Sister.

Amazing show

Another amazing show.

Remaining...

Bon Jovi
Steel Panther
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Kiss
Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Guns N' Roses
Twisted Sister
Iron Maiden

Van Halen? Cause I don't know how often they play outside the US, I don't think that much.

Van Halen has played in Australia, once with Cherone fronting the band and other time with Lee Roth fronting. Lee Roth fronted show was once off and it was up in Sydney, where Cherone fronted was a tour.

A side note Hagar played Australia a couple weeks later.

Haha, okay, so you're older than I thought. ;) If I can vote again, my last educated guess would be Twisted Sister.

I act like a teenager though :)

Saw Twisted Sister again at Festival Hall on their only Australian tour.

Dee swore they'd be back, and even said " I know all bands say this, but when Twisted Fucking Sister says it, we fucking mean it!"

He lied.

Anyway, saw them again in Milwaukee in 2003. Aside from walking around saying "aaaayyyyyee" all the time, ala the Fonz, the biggest memory was that all the bottle shops closed there like around 5pm. Weird

That show was (very sadly) a clone of the show 15 or so years earlier in Melbourne.

Same shtick, same lines, pretty much everything. Very sad, but still the best live show I've ever seen.

Amazing show

Another amazing show.

Remaining...

Bon Jovi
Steel Panther
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Kiss
Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Cheap Trick
Guns N' Roses
Twisted Sister
Iron Maiden

Van Halen has played in Australia, once with Cherone fronting the band and other time with Lee Roth fronting. Lee Roth fronted show was once off and it was up in Sydney, where Cherone fronted was a tour.

A side note Hagar played Australia a couple weeks later.

We have a winner - simo

Yup, it is Van Halen.

Had no interest in Cherone.

And I did see Sammy at the Palace a couple of weeks later.

Amazing show.

He sung Dreams which is apparently rare because of how hard it is to sing.

One of the best shows I've seen.

As for the others

Bon Jovi - saw them Slippery When Wet, and New Jersey tours, maybe another one also.
Steel Panther - saw them at Festival Hall a few years ago - great show
Def Leppard - saw them only last year. Cheap tickets, which were upgraded to 4 times what they were worth for some reason. Great seats, much better show than I thought it would be.
Kiss - Numerous times, both make up and not. Saw Kiss Symphony (you can hear me on the DVD if you listen closely) Probably seen Kiis 6 or 7 times. Second best show I've seen.
Motley Crue - Twice. Last 2 tours. Missed Dr Feelgood which I massively regret. Saw the show with the angle grinders and shit, and it was shit. Goodbye tour was way better. Vince sung marginally better.
Alice Cooper - Supported Motley. Will probably see the full bown show here in October.
Cheap Trick - Saw them at the Day On The Green with Choirboys, Angels and Billy Idol headlining. They pretty much sucked. Didn't even play the Flame. They played all their early stuff which nobody in Australia knew. Sad. I went to the show primarily for them. Billy Idol made up for it. Amazing show.
Guns N' Roses - First time this year. Was a decent show. But it was at a stadium that took 70,000. Didn't really feel the vibe.
Iron Maiden - My first metal show. Great, but long. as a teenager it was probably a bit too long. Powerslave tour.

• My Little Pony

Alice Cooper - Supported Motley. Will probably see the full bown show here in October.

Yep. That needs to happen.

Okay, if we're out of lists at the moment, I'll throw mine out there. All hard rock bands, no modern stuff;

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Ted Poley

Lynch Mob

Tuff

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

Motley Crue

Pretty Boy Floyd

White Widdow

Candy Harlots

Brides Of Destruction

Okay, if we're out of lists at the moment, I'll throw mine out there. All hard rock bands, no modern stuff;

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Ted Poley

Lynch Mob

Tuff

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

Motley Crue

Pretty Boy Floyd

White Widdow

Candy Harlots

Brides Of Destruction

I'll go with Lynch Mob

I'll go with Lynch Mob

Random as it seems, I did actually see them a couple of years back - their original line-up. They basically played the entire debut album, minus the good songs, lol. I think they played everything except 'No bed of roses,' 'Through these eyes' and 'Sweet sister mercy.' It was cool to see them, but that aspect annoyed me and it was a bit bland at times overall. Kinda dull.

I'll go with Lynch Mob

Random as it seems, I did actually see them a couple of years back - their original line-up. They basically played the entire debut album, minus the good songs, lol. I think they played everything except 'No bed of roses,' 'Through these eyes' and 'Sweet sister mercy.' It was cool to see them, but that aspect annoyed me and it was a bit bland at times overall. Kinda dull.

I walked out of Lynch Mob

I'll go with Lynch Mob

I walked out of Lynch Mob

It was definitely disappointing... won't deny it.

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Ted Poley

Lynch Mob

Tuff

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

Motley Crue

Pretty Boy Floyd

White Widdow

Candy Harlots

Brides Of Destruction

Eclectic mix, so no clue but I will guess Tuff. Can't imagine them getting any backing to go your way...

Eclectic mix, so no clue but I will guess Tuff. Can't imagine them getting any backing to go your way...

It was a bit of a farce as it was essentially just Stevie Rachelle and the guys from The Deadthings as his backing band, but it was billed as Tuff so I'll call it Tuff. But yeah, Stevie Rachelle came out here, as Tuff, and played all the Tuff classics. It was a bit dodgy with a very simple backing band, but I dug the opportunity.

• My Little Pony

Motley Crüe

Every band guessed so far turned out to be a disappointment, so why not continue with that theme? ;}

Motley Crüe

Every band guessed so far turned out to be a disappointment, so why not continue with that theme? ;}

Nope, I saw Motley Crue and loved it, to be honest. I was originally sitting on the moon watching Motorhead (or at least a couple of dots down on earth that were introduced as Motorhead) open for Motley Crue, when by complete chance, a girl I'd been good friends with a few years before walked past as I was getting up to urinate.

She was working at the venue now and got me down into a corporate box, right next to the stage, with free drinks and food. It was awesome. I remember Vince skipping words here and there, but otherwise it was great. This would have been close to ten years ago, though, so I assume they were still good back then. ;)

I'll say Candy Harlots, despite them being from Australia, I am thinking you are young enough that they may have broken up before you'd have had the chance to catch them performing live

I'll say Candy Harlots, despite them being from Australia, I am thinking you are young enough that they may have broken up before you'd have had the chance to catch them performing live

They had indeed broken up well, long before I ever even heard of them. BUT! They played a reunion gig a few years back, with the original line-up, and I was there to lap it up in it's entirety. It was at a venue I hate (the Manning Bar) but I knew from previous experience to stand back in the room to try and get some value out of the sound quality, and it was a cool gig. Loved hearing tunes I knew so well in a live format. As well as it being something I thought I'd never ever in my lifetime experience. Yeah, it was very cool and they did well too.

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Ted Poley

Lynch Mob

Tuff

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

Motley Crue

Pretty Boy Floyd

White Widdow

Candy Harlots

Brides Of Destruction

OK, number 2 guess BOD. Not recalling correctly but maybe you hate this band?

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Ted Poley

Lynch Mob

Tuff

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

Motley Crue

Pretty Boy Floyd

White Widdow

Candy Harlots

Brides Of Destruction

OK, number 2 guess BOD. Not recalling correctly but maybe you hate this band?

I don't love them much in hindsight, but I did like them back in the day. The debut is still pretty cool. I actually saw them at the same venue I just mentioned above and to be honest, didn't enjoy the night at all. I was right next to the stage and it was a wall of sound and I couldn't decipher anything that was going on. I loved seeing Nikki Sixx and Traci Gunns in action (this was before I saw Motley Crue) but I didn't get much from the songs at all - it all just sounded like a huge chunk of noise that night.