Is there such a thing as the PERFECT song for you? ....

You do realise that at some point I'm gonna sooooo want to go through all these and see if we can get any that have 100% consensus/agreement? :blink: :wacko: :blink:

I doubt you'll get any where EVERYONE agrees.................there's always one awkward bugger

(usually me)

I guess that's true... but I do like to live in hope :D

Maybe I could set specific criteria and to make things simple I get to be ref and make the final decisions (cue evil laugh) :rofl2: :rofl2::rofl2:

Does anyone hate kittens, life, happiness, everything good in life and ultimately this song;

If they do, please exit the forum immediately. Dan said so.

OOOhhhh that is one that's great to sing along to at the top of your voice. Perfect!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great song of course.....but is it everyones perfect song.....this is my point.

You're right I know - and I guess the thread is asking for what makes a song perfect 'for you' which is so individual and personal. (I'm finding it really great for adding new songs to my playlist though).

Hmmm, back to the drawing board.

I thought I'd found one that was perfect for me earlier :

• Is long, but doesn't feel long
  • Switches between emotions seamlessly
  • Keeps my interest throughout no matter how often I listen to it
  • Sounds as fresh today as the 1st time I heard it
  • Loved it on 1st listening and still love it
  • Can sing my heart out to it
  • I notice something new or a new harmony for it each time I listen
  • It even has Geoff's kittens included in it towards the end (or at least the guitars sound like kittens mioawwing)
  • The instruments/vocals etc all fit it perfectly
  • The lyrics are great

and then, when I listened today deliberately to see if I could find a fault with it I heard some really annoying 'la la la' vocals on it which I'll probably hear every time I listen to it now DAMMITTT!

It's Elton John's Funeral for a friend/Love lies bleeding

I think the closest we all got was with Giant.

Whooops and I haven't listened to that one yet I don't think... or have I? I've been listening to so much recently

• My Little Pony

Whooops and I haven't listened to that one yet I don't think... or have I? I've been listening to so much recently

There were like five or six suggestions.

For me, the songs that I instantly like tire quickly.

The ones that take a few listens are the ones which become my favorites.

on this thread? My eyes must be goin squiffy. I'll hav another scroll through

Yeah,that often happens with me too. And vice versa,some I hate at first actually become favourites

That's what I was thinking - which one? 'Stay?'

Anyway, of course we're never going to find a tune that everyone considers perfect... that is not possible. I think the best we can hope for is a song that everyone agrees is excellent.

I'd definitely vote for this one;

That's what I was thinking - which one? 'Stay?'

Anyway, of course we're never going to find a tune that everyone considers perfect... that is not possible. I think the best we can hope for is a song that everyone agrees is excellent.

I'd definitely vote for this one;

I can't even flipping agree with myself on one that I find perfect, though there are plenty that come close.

I had a listen to all the Giant ones mentioned. I like their overall sound but i think they're aimed at the male market - they felt a bit too masculine for me.

I'll see you in my dreams reminded me of Phil Collins Against all odds so I had a listen to that too -- wow the contrast in voices made poor Phil sound very weedy.

Stay is one of the few that I added to my playlist though :guitar:

still generally I prefer ones that immediately grab you with a hook. Nothing wrong with getting tired of a song after many listens, in fact I think it's natural.

anyway, here is more that I find perfect melodic rock tunes, pretty obvious ones I think:

Saraya - Healing Touch

Scorpions- No one like you..

Toto - I'll Be over you

Treat - We Own The Night

...and many more

Treat - Take Me On Your Wings

Toto - Straight for the Heart

Toto - Angel Don't Cry

the key phrase here is "and many more"

Lol. Can't remember if I've asked you what makes a song perfect for you? (apologies if I have, I'm just finishing my tea break so haven't got time to go back through the thread to check :bananamac: )

Toto - I'll Be over you

Treat - We Own The Night

...and many more

Treat - Take Me On Your Wings

Toto - Straight for the Heart

Toto - Angel Don't Cry

the key phrase here is "and many more"

Lol. Can't remember if I've asked you what makes a song perfect for you? (apologies if I have, I'm just finishing my tea break so haven't got time to go back through the thread to check :bananamac: )

Oh yes! You have :)...see below

[quote name="Silverkin" post="749224"

...and you know what I'm gonna ask you?...What makes it a 10 for you?

Love everything about the song. The melodious guitar riffs..the excellent vocals and most importantly the way the song is structured. I also like the way the song ends with the guitar riffs. Not too sure about the drummer in the video though haha but he s the most animated one.

Good answer.

Haha re drummer, I couldn't take my eyes of his 'tache

Any ya, good lyrics and musicianship.

[quote name="Silverkin" post="749224"

...and you know what I'm gonna ask you?...What makes it a 10 for you?

Love everything about the song. The melodious guitar riffs..the excellent vocals and most importantly the way the song is structured. I also like the way the song ends with the guitar riffs. Not too sure about the drummer in the video though haha but he s the most animated one.

Good answer.

Haha re drummer, I couldn't take my eyes of his 'tache

Any ya, good lyrics and musicianship.

Cheers Ponen! I remember reading that now

I'd not heard that before.

Listened to Cher first as I assumed I'd prefer hers but wasn't impressed.

Then Bolton's - I assumed I would hate as I've always had the false impression he was a cheesy covers performer - oh how wrong I've been - whoops! - :aw: not least because he wrote this track so it's Cher who is doing the cover. His performance was more convincing.

Then Sunstorm and I liked theirs best on 1st listening.

Just to be sure, I went back and listened to them all again.

2nd listening of Cher I thought her performance is good, it's the backing singers that ruin it for me.

2nd listening of Bolton's, still thought he did a great performance.

2nd listening Sunstorm, still liked theirs best so that's the one that got added to my playlist Yaaayy!!

I'm gonna start a thread to find other great songs with the theme material of that song (ie you wouldn't recognise love if it hit you in the face). It's a song topic I've heard a lot and there is one that I know I love and I can't quite remember what its title is so maybe if I start a thread someone will identify it for me (or I'll remember it myself)