Is there such a thing as the PERFECT song for you? ....

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd listening of Cher I thought her performance is good, it's the backing singers that ruin it for me.

2nd listening of Bolton's, still thought he did a great performance.

2nd listening Sunstorm, still liked theirs best so that's the one that got added to my playlist Yaaayy!!

I love that Cher album, but my one minor gripe with it would be that the backing vocals are a little too much at times. Too loud, too obnoxious. Best example of it is 'Emotional Fire.' Killer song, just too much towards the end, in terms of backing vocals.

Anyway, I'd probably have to agree that the Sunstorm version is my personal fave too.

2nd listening of Cher I thought her performance is good, it's the backing singers that ruin it for me.

2nd listening Sunstorm, still liked theirs best so that's the one that got added to my playlist Yaaayy!!

I love that Cher album, but my one minor gripe with it would be that the backing vocals are a little too much at times. Too loud, too obnoxious. Best example of it is 'Emotional Fire.' Killer song, just too much towards the end, in terms of backing vocals.

Anyway, I'd probably have to agree that the Sunstorm version is my personal fave too.

Oooh 3 - 2 to Bolton at the moment

It's tight, though. I could argue for both, but I think I just like the more "guitars-ish' version from Sunstorm.

1. Sir Michael :bowdown:

2. Cher

3. Sunstorm

Lol. I see I'll have to check Michael Bolton out a bit more. I think I've always got him mixed up with Michael Buble :rofl2:

It's tight, though. I could argue for both, but I think I just like the more "guitars-ish' version from Sunstorm.

Was pretty close for me too, the keyboards put me off Bolton's version....but then strictly speaking I guess it means we're not comparing them based solely on the singers' performances

• 2023 Gold Donors

Was pretty close for me too, the keyboards put me off Bolton's version....but then strictly speaking I guess it means we're not comparing them based solely on the singers' performances

The music in the Sunstorm one is better, but although JLT is a great, great singer, i agree with Glen about the passion that Bolton brings to it.

It is very close though.

The music in the Sunstorm one is better, but although JLT is a great, great singer, i agree with Glen about the passion that Bolton brings to it.

It is very close though.

Oooh, you should be a politician. Very good answer

Speaking of JLT, a great example of his brilliance.

That's beautiful.... and so is this (Break In, sung by Lzzy Hale and Amy Lee)

And a couple more from the equally brilliant 'Everybody's Crazy'

One of the best AOR ballads ever released

• 2023 Gold Donors
  • My Little Pony

Just when I thought I was gonna have a Michael Bolton day, I realised I don't have any Michael Bolton on my DAP. I'll have to fix that tonight.