May 25th 1977 Star Wars A New Hope Turns 40!

martinsane

That's right kiddies the mofo that started the whole rage is turning 40 in about month on May 25th.

Hard to frickin' imagine and I can't wait to see what gets made over or produced to commemorate the event and of course take my $$$$$$$$$.

star-wars-40th-anniversary-logo-hd-hi-re

Unbelieveable...I was 4 when I got to see this unknown film back in the summer of '77...changed my life(when the stormtroopers blasted through at the start...wow...what just happened!!)...been a huge fan since (of the originals & recent movies...not ep 1,2 &3 so much) and now my sons are huge fans also :)

I was 7 when i saw it London. The start is still the most iconic moment in cinema....the spaceship that just keeps going and going and going. No one had ever seen anything like it before. Immense.

We broke out the widescreen THX VHS of A New Hope yesterday as the kids wanted to enjoy their Easter candy watching movies and we commented at how well this film still holds up and even the effects, by way of models and such are still groundbreaking. Which of course as Glen points out truly ingrains your psyche, well for the past 40 years!

I too was a wide eyed innocent of 7 when I saw this one that fateful summer of 1977. The folks took us to the drive in for this one after they saw it opening weekend in downtown Seattle.

Over the years I have literally seen this film thousands of times and spent the equivalent on various format changes/releases.

I know I mention Empire as being the better of the 2 films and it is from a written perspective but ANH is the one that is watched and re watched and has certainly set the bar way too high.

• My Little Pony

I wish I was alive then. Even still, watching it for the first time as a kid opened my eyes to a whole world of creative possibilities. Nothing touches these films. It's actually depressing; 40 years later, and still nobody can make a Sci-Fi film that rivals the OT.

We broke out the widescreen THX VHS of A New Hope yesterday as the kids wanted to enjoy their Easter candy watching movies

Doing this 2nite with my spanking new Rogue One bluray and the wife & kids,good times :)

• My Little Pony

We broke out the widescreen THX VHS of A New Hope yesterday as the kids wanted to enjoy their Easter candy watching movies

Doing this 2nite with my spanking new Rogue One bluray and the wife & kids,good times :)

I'll prolly watch one of the OT tonight. Got the original theatrical releases on DVD.