What about a Heavy Harmonies music festival?

There's so many bands who advertise on here and then the discussion network going on makes for an awesome community feel and I was putting the 2 together in my head and thought, wouldn't it be super cool if there could be a Glastonbury or Download style Heavy Harmonies festival so members could potentially meet up sometimes too.

Surely with all the talent signed up to this site there must be plenty of contacts with promoters and organisers etc around the world who would have the know how and connections to get it going in various countries but it would be under the Heavy Harmonies banner which would 'up' the spread of your site even more and maybe help with the running costs cos it should attract more doners and the bigger the site got, the more talent it would attract and it would be win win all round.

I like to dream big ? A smaller dream would be to have a Heavy Harmonies stage at one of the big festivals rather than be responsible for the whole thing.

..and here's where someone points out that it already happens and I've been walking around with my eyes closed. Lol.

Uhh... no, no, and no.

I did some minor sponsorship at Ultrasound in 2000 and 2001 as well as the first Melodic Rock concert in 2007. Seeing a bit behind the scenes into the fustercluck that dealing with bands, labels, egos, and immigration (especially now) can be, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with that.

Especially now later in life with a full-time job and a second part-time job.

Nice thought but it ain't gunna happen. :)

Uhh... no, no, and no.

I did some minor sponsorship at Ultrasound in 2000 and 2001 as well as the first Melodic Rock concert in 2007. Seeing a bit behind the scenes into the fustercluck that dealing with bands, labels, egos, and immigration (especially now) can be, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with that.

Especially now later in life with a full-time job and a second part-time job.

Nice thought but it ain't gunna happen. :)

Awww shame. I can imagine it'd be a bit of an organisational nightmare though so don't blame you.... and I know for sure i certainly would never be volunteering myself to do it! :jail: