Pentatonix covers Bohemian Rhapsody

A little bit of background: Pentatonix is a 5-person acapella vocal group from Arlington, Texas. They won the third season of the TV show "The Sing-Off", which springboarded their career. At the time, 3 members of the group were just 19 years old. If you search on Youtube, you can find all of their Sing-Off performances.

Since then they have become a Youtube sensation, and have released 7 albums, several going platinum, won three Grammies, and gone on several U.S. and world tours. They sound as good live as in the studio. Their "Evolution of..." series of Youtube videos, all recorded live in a single take, are amazing.

They've been a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine for the past year or so. In high school I was a complete music geek: band, choir, barbershop quartet, etc. And let me tell you, these folks have some serious skills.

Yesterday they released an EP of covers, and also released a video for their cover of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. In just over 24 hours, it has received almost 4 million views.

Their "Evolution of Music" video relased 3 years ago, now with over 100 million views: