Sign in to follow this  
Invisible_man

Post 80's female AOR

Lately I've been listening to some Alyson Avenue ..pleasant stuff.

Can someone recommend other nice female AOR/Rock from the last 15 or so years?

Well, Heart, obviously.

Thank you, but I was talking about something a bit more recent, not from 80's..

Issa (I'm Alive) or Angelica (I'm not waiting) are nice artists that I discovered online...

Post 80's, but not 90's?

Martina Edoff, Dante fox, Adrenalin Rush.....Osukaru.

It's a slim list, to be honest.

Issa - I seem to be in the minority, but I think her stuff is fantastic. The last album was her best, imo, but all are awesome - even the covers disc, because it doesn't cover standard, obvious tunes, but some great AOR under-rated classics.

Robin Beck - obviously based in the 80's and early 90's, but she's released some good albums in recent years. Nothing really great to be honest, but always solid.

Kristine - with Issa, she'd easily be my favourite of the lot. The s/t album from 2015 is an absolute delight.

Sister Sin - very cool hard rock with some great albums - big riffs. Not really AOR, though. ;)

Nubian Rose - 'Mountain' ; this one was a great disc - again, more hard rock than AOR... but very melodic still. Second album was rubbish.

Tonight Alive - probably more modern than AOR, but they've been a pretty good band... plus the lead singer is Aussie, I believe.

Otherwise, I agree that Alyson Avenue's first two albums were pretty good.

New solo album (will be released on August 2017) by Janet Gardner (Vixen):

Hmmm, that actually sounds listenable. Not great, but definitely listenable. The third song sounds like the pick.

But weren't the remaining original members of Vixen meant to be making a new Vixen album? Or did that not happen?

Hmmm, that actually sounds listenable. Not great, but definitely listenable. The third song sounds like the pick.

But weren't the remaining original members of Vixen meant to be making a new Vixen album? Or did that not happen?

Last I know: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vixen-has-a-bunch-of-demos-recorded-for-new-album-possible-live-release-in-the-works/

Last I know: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vixen-has-a-bunch-of-demos-recorded-for-new-album-possible-live-release-in-the-works/

I do hope it happens. I would definitely invite a new album from them to my house party. As poor as 'Tangerine Dream' was, I'd hope they'd have moved on from that and could maybe offer us one last pretty cool album. Either way, I'd love to hear one.

I forget about "The phoenix- party hard".

They are young and they are from my hometown.

This sounds pretty good. Do you know where I can pick up one of their cd's?

Hmm, strong accent and poor vocals, but not bad otherwise.

Hmm, strong accent and poor vocals, but not bad otherwise.

You're being way to kind mate,it's not very good if truth be told.