Stefan

Magic Dance - New Eyes

4 hours ago, Glen said:

mmm I'm gonna have to pass on this one, which is a shame.

The first 6 or 7 songs are all identical and completely forgettable imo. 

I put Creye on afterwards and it completely destroys it in every department (esp production ;) )

Shit!..thats bad news...was so looking forward to this one. Will give it go for sure though.

43 minutes ago, Ponen said:

Shit!..thats bad news...was so looking forward to this one. Will give it go for sure though.

it's not bad as such, it's just all his songs sound the same to me.

You might love it 

As mentioned, pretty much what was expected and not a lot of variety going on, but it's a good listen

Well I'm going to say I'm happy with this. I actually think as an entire album it's not far off the last one at all. It certainly hasn't disappointed me one bit, I can honestly say. 

It's definitely a little samey, but if I'm meant to not like any of these songs, good luck picking which one/s! I just genuinely really enjoy the whole album. There are riffs borrowed straight from other songs, and there's plenty of familiar ideas... but bloody hell it's all still damn fine music. 

I guess at the end of the day I'd much prefer samey stuff of a high quality over an eclectic collection of stuff that misses the mark as often as it hits it. 

Yeah, I just have this playing and it makes me happy. I think the weakest song on here (whatever that is?!) is better than a few tracks from the last album. On the other hand, the best tracks here aren't as good as the best from the last album. 

But all in all, it's a very good album and should happily sit in my top 5 this year.